Sign in to follow this  
Annick

Hotel

No hard feeling here, but why does the DSTF site offers only one and not the most cheapest hotel in Frankfurt area they could find?

There are lots of other hotels in the area which are, without any special price codes, much cheaper..

(Think of an IBIS or an Accor hotel.... And the only thing you do there is sleeping and having a breakfast...)

Edited by Annick

It can be either, but in general if you pay now you can get a cheaper rate but won't be able to make any changes.

In a hotel you pay as you book, right? Not when you're leaving...

If you just want something to sleep and eat something you should check out the Jugendherberge (Youthhostel) Frankfurt. It’s cheap and close to the centre. There are dorm rooms and single rooms and they are cheaper compared to hotels.

• Like 1

I'll double check on this, but it was my understanding that there will be offers for several hotels. Marriott possibly simply was the first one to be added.

My understanding was correct. I just heard back and other hotels will be added to the website. The Marriott was indeed simply the first one that had a rate confirmed. There will be hotels too which offer cheaper rates than the Marriott.

Thanks. Will they be added soon? Ive never paid for a hotel up front, noly on check-out.

They're waiting for someone to get back to them. I'm afraid I wasn't given a timeframe, that's all info I have.

Ive never paid for a hotel up front, noly on check-out.

Most probably they will preautorise your card and then take the actual money on the check-out. That is what they told me when I was booking my hotel but I think you need to ask.

I am booked into hotel Astoria. 4 nights for £200.

Hi all myself an my mate have booked a twin room at the Mercure Hotel for 3 night including flights to an from manchester for £201..

Edited by TonyDST

Just been looking at hotels; there seem to be thousands of them all round the Messe Frankfurt!! In the end I went for a very reasonable rate at the NH Frankfurt, which looks v nice and is supposed to be right in front of the Messe. Now for flights!

Just been looking at hotels; there seem to be thousands of them all round the Messe Frankfurt!! In the end I went for a very reasonable rate at the NH Frankfurt, which looks v nice and is supposed to be right in front of the Messe. Now for flights!

That was my choice too. Seemed a good value for the money.

We will be staying at Hotel Topas.

When you make a reservation, either you pay the travel agency and get a hotel voucher or you pay directly to your hotel when you check out. Usually when you check in they ask for a creditcard. If you don't have a creditcard they might ask you for an advance payment.