The future of Voice Artists

• Showmasters Admin

The future of Voice Artists at LFCC and all our other events

This year at LFCC winter we tried something new and we charge £10 for the voice artist autograph , this worked well and has shown us that we can cover some of the costs in getting some of these great voice artists over to the UK.

before we felt that there would not be a big enough demand and we did not charge and the guest was a loss leader for the show, so we felt we could never go for some of the bigger named voice artisets as the costs would be to much , but now we feel there is a very good chance we can get some of these amazing guests as we can get back some of the costs by charging like we do for the other guests that attend.

so this will be the start of us bring in a lot more voice artists for all our future events so watch this space :dance:

jason

Glad to hear this. A bit surprised that you never thought they would be overly popular though. Some voice actors in the business I can imagine being a lot busier than many other guests that i've seen announced for events in the past. I am a huge admirer of voice actors, but also a realist, and I know that a lot of the more well known ones would have a good amount of people wanting to meet them. Frank Welker is pretty much a household name, and anyone with a remote interest in cartoons will know the likes of Grey Delisle, EG Daily, Tara Strong, Jeff Bennett, Kath Soucie, Maurice LaMarche and many many more.

After having met Roger Craig Smith, Sean Schemmel, Veronica Taylor, Steve Blum, and Michael Sinterniklaas in the past at shows, I can't wait to meet more

Sounds good. It's like everything else I guess, if the guest has voiced a popular character, e.g. like Charles Martinet or Veronica Taylor they are going to be pretty busy I would think. I've loved meeting both these two as have my sons as well.

Would really love to see some Scooby Doo voice artists next year.

Would be nice to meet John Erwin, Lou Scheimer, Alan Oppenheimer, Kevin Conroy, Casey Kasem, Larry Kenney, Billy West, John DiMaggio and anyone Simpsons/Futurama, Frank Buxton, Windsor Davies (and any of the other Terrahawks). My list is endless, but some old school would be great for us older kids! Also, how about some Puppeteers?

• Like 1

There are certainly a few that would be undoubtedly busy. Either they have a huge range of work and are known for various roles, like Frank Welker, Jeff Bennett, Grey Delisle, Kath Soucie, or people that many not have been in a huge number of things but are well known for a particular role, like David Hayter or Kevin Conroy. There are obviously people who fall into both of these categories like Peter Cullen who is well known for being Optimus Prime, but has also done many other good roles.

There are so many people I would want to meet, all of the primary voice actors from a lot of 80's cartoons like Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Visionaries, The Real Ghostbusters, and a lot of the actors that started around that time but are still going strong today, many of whom i've mentioned.

People like EG Daily, Tara Strong, Cree Summer, Grey Delisle, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and many others are quite a close knit community and are all good friends, so it would be great to see so many of them

I'm surprised they have been thought of in a different way to all the other guests. They really are just the same, with some having limited appeal due to not having done much well known work, and others being very well known. I mean, who wouldn't want to meet Snake from Metal Gear or Kratos from God of War? With Peter Cullen and Frank Welker being in major movies as well as cartoons and video games, they will be very well known. And then there's the retro/childhood connection. Anyone who grew up in the 80's would happily meet the stars of those classic cartoons. I would meet ANYONE from Thundercats, Real Ghostbusters, Defenders of the Earth, Turtles etc.

• Like 1

Obviously Scooby Doo Voice Artists as per my last post would be good, but here are some others I would love to see at a future event:

Anyone from the Simpsons would be good, we had Marcia Wallace a few years back and I met Harry Shearer at a Premiere, but would love to meet more Simpsons voice artists.

Family Guy voice artists, I've met Seth Green but any others would be good.

Visionaries, ha, totally forgotten about that one! Anyone else remember Pole Position? That came back to me the other day. I loved that cartoon. I'm looking on IMDB at loads of old favorites now but sadly so many of my favorite voice artists have passed on :(

Would be great to get some of the voice actors from The Clone Wars series. As the show has been cancelled a few of them may be able to come over!

Matt Lanter

James Arnold Taylor

Ashley Eckstein

Dee Bradley Baker

Ashley told me she would love to come to London to sell her clothing range.

Ooh. My video game wishlist:

Steve Ogg (GTA V - Trevor)

Ned Luke (GTA V - Michael)

Shawn Fonteno (GTA V - Franklin)

David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid - Solid/Naked Snake)

Mark Meer (Mass Effect - Commander Shepard)

Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect - Commander Shepard)

They've all done conventions before and are usually big sellers. The GTA three did a massive panel at Comic Con NY the other week.

Great to hear Showmasters future plans to invest more in guests. We had a great time meeting Charles Martinet who was very popular over the course of the weekend (he had a bigger queue than some guests). As a big video game fan I would like to see more game related voice over guests; especially actors from the Uncharted series please.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the best news I've heard in a long time and glad you're considering a bigger focus to Voice Actors. I'd be very willing to spend a bit more money to have the bigger names over. Here are my usual suspects/wants:

Peter Cullen - Transformers / Voltron / Winnie the Pooh / Dungens and Dragons etc

Frank Welker - Transformers / Muppet Babies / Garfield / Futurama / The Real Ghostbusters etc

Casey Kasem - Scooby Doo / Transformers

Eric Idle - Shrek the Third / South Park / Transformers (and Monty Python)

James Avery - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle / The Real Ghostbusters (and Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince!)

Kelsey Grammer - The Simpsons - Sideshow Bob (and Cheers/Fraiser)

John DiMaggio - Futurama

Gregg Berger - Transformers / Garfield / Spiderman

Tress MacNeille - Simpsons / Futurama

David Jason - Count Duckula (and of course Only Foos & Horses / Touch of Frost)

Michael Bell - Gobots / Rugrats / Centurions

Wally Burr - G.I. Joe / Bucky O'Hare / Transformers

Jim Cummings - Darkwing Duck / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Looney Toons

Jack Angel - Transformers / Voltron / Beetlejuice

Alan Oppenheimer - Mighty Mouse / He-Man / Flash Gordon

Edited by LSM
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...