Scott Carpenter

Count Fooku

Spacefans... a link here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2453495/Scott-Carpenter-Pioneering-astronaut-second-American-orbit-Earth-dies-aged-88.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I met him in 2007 at Autographica, a very nice gentlemen and a true hero. He should have had a Gemini or Apollo mission, he would have made a great commander and 'moon walker'....

Its only though Autographica we can meet great people like him, thank you Dave and the team and thank you to Cmdr Carpenter for the stories...

God Speed...

von Dawson's Express

I was lucky enough to meet him twice at Autographica shows and see him do a talk.

Really great to meet, and very sad to hear this news.

It's very true that without Autographica I'd never have had the chance to meet him.

That's what keeps me coming back - to meet the true heroes of space and film and tv history.

Only one of the original 7 Mercury astronauts left now, John Glenn.

It's very sad to see the people seeking to profit immediately from CDR Carpenter's death. I was watching an autographed photo on eBay for £54.95. The day he died, the item ended and was miraculously re-listed the following day for £69.95. And that's from a professional seller who should really know better :no:

Edited by NeilPearson

Sad news. Met him before at Autographica, nice chap and certainly played a key role in our exploration of space. I must admit I'd not realised he had also played a key role in our exploration of the ocean as well until looking at the recent reports on his life.