Guest meetings and experiences with them over the weekend

Firstly a big thank you to all the SHOWMASTERS TEAM and to alot of you guys on the forum for helping with directions etc. Me and my sister has an amazing weekend and we got to the venue and did almost everything we wanted without any hiccups so it was a great weekend! i missed out on the Ludo photoshoot but nevermind!

Anyway, i thought i would post a quick opinion and experience on the guest meetings i had. We headed for the autographs first thing on saturday when we got in to the venue so it was all done and out of the way. I got Brian Blessed and Natasha Henstridge first and both of them were amazing. so so friendly and chatty! answering questions, taking their time to talk with us and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. again both of them were amazing later in the morning when it was their photoshoot. brian was shouting and making everyone laugh and it made it such a fun time. Natashas photoshoot was fun too and she was great with everyone who was getting pics taken that day.

I did say to brian he should be a 'sir' by now and he laughed and said he should be a 'baron' so he can look down on ben kingsley lol.

After these meetings, i headed for the wrestlers and got Kelly Kelly and Maryse signatures. there was a few people talking to kelly kelly so i went for maryse first and i have to say, she came across very closed off and not very interested in being there. didnt have alot to say and answered my questions with brief answers, wasnt too chatty or outgoing, same at her photoshoot really.

Kelly kelly was the total opposite, she was out going, chatty, really smiley, seemed like she was enjoying meeting fans and was nice at her photoshoot too.

to top it off i was mindblown by meeting michael rooker wandering around as a regular attendee, was such a fun shock. glad i got a picture with him too!

All in all, had a super weekend, venue was great, staff were brilliant, cosplay was amazing and had plenty of things on stalls to purchase. was alot of fun!

The whole two days goes by in such a whirl, we had 11 photoshoots over the two days and met 22 guests for autographs, I think my overwhelming experience was they were all good, I don't think I was disappointed in meeting any of them. Sometimes if guests are busy, it can be a short meet, but I think that is only fair, otherwise loads of other people wouldn't get the chance.

Our highlights over the two days:

Sam Jones Prop Photoshoot - This was great fun and Sam was having a good time as well, green screen effects and prop gave a really good fun photo

Doctor Who Guests - We met pretty much all of them and had a good experience, it was nice to get a bit more time to chat with some of them that weren't so busy and Dick Mills was a fun meet with lots of great stories about the BBC

Veronica Taylor- Absolutely lovely lady, so friendly and down to earth and a real fun meet, happy to get up for her photo and come round to us, her daughters was even taking the photos and took about 3 in the end

As I tend to have one or two sons in tow with me who are still quite young it is always interesting to see how the guests relate to them, and most are excellent and really make an effort. When we met Natasha Henstridge for example she was chatting to my son and asked him how many of her films he had seen, I quickly went none of course, and she chuckled and winked at me and said "I was only testing, didn't think he had !" Sam Jones was great with my son as well, and got him to keep shaking his hand, so that he gave a "proper handshake". Loads of great memories and photos from the two days.

• Like 1

Sounds like you and your kids had a fun weekend! :) busy though!!

we had a great weekend all round too, no complaints at all really, was just wanting to say the feeling igot from maryse on the wrestling table, she didnt have a line waiting for her so wasnt due to being too busy, but wasnt as chatty as everyone else thats all...but all in all it was a super weekend!

The whole two days goes by in such a whirl, we had 11 photoshoots over the two days and met 22 guests for autographs, I think my overwhelming experience was they were all good, I don't think I was disappointed in meeting any of them. Sometimes if guests are busy, it can be a short meet, but I think that is only fair, otherwise loads of other people wouldn't get the chance.

Our highlights over the two days:

Sam Jones Prop Photoshoot - This was great fun and Sam was having a good time as well, green screen effects and prop gave a really good fun photo

Doctor Who Guests - We met pretty much all of them and had a good experience, it was nice to get a bit more time to chat with some of them that weren't so busy and Dick Mills was a fun meet with lots of great stories about the BBC

Veronica Taylor- Absolutely lovely lady, so friendly and down to earth and a real fun meet, happy to get up for her photo and come round to us, her daughters was even taking the photos and took about 3 in the end

As I tend to have one or two sons in tow with me who are still quite young it is always interesting to see how the guests relate to them, and most are excellent and really make an effort. When we met Natasha Henstridge for example she was chatting to my son and asked him how many of her films he had seen, I quickly went none of course, and she chuckled and winked at me and said "I was only testing, didn't think he had !" Sam Jones was great with my son as well, and got him to keep shaking his hand, so that he gave a "proper handshake". Loads of great memories and photos from the two days.