what did everyone think of the Flash Gordon background shoot ?

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

i just wanted to get some background from the people that took part in the Sam Jones Flash set photo shoot from Ted ?

it was something i thought would be very cool and we worked out how to put it together and on the day i thought it was great , Sam also thought it was really cool also and really got into it :-)

we are going to now look into other sets and props with backgrounds to offer more of these shoots in future.

if you have your images from this shoot post them on here and let others see what they look like , i hope you all enjoyed them :-)

jason

• Like 2

When we initially came in to the shoot I was a little disappointed as I thought we would be sitting with Sam, but there was a great atmosphere in the shoot and using the green screen plus Sam's great acting skills produced a great picture which I was really pleased with.

I loved the prop photoshoot, it was my main reason for coming! Sam Jones was amazing, and with the props aswell it made the photo something I'll treasure for years to come. Future photoshoots on the same line would be very welcomed indeed!

Can I just say, related backdrops make all the difference to prop photos. I deliberately avoided the prop shoots at Collectormania as they looked really lifeless. Seeing the ones at Collectormania Glasgow with their amazing backgrounds would definitely tempt me in future. I didn't go for this one and did have my doubts but from what I've seen they look really good.

it was AMAZING!!!!!! so pleased you thought of doing that jason! :)

i love sam jones and loved flash gordon since i was a kid, ted is also one of my fave films.

sam was just so nice to meet and was so much fun.

heres my pic, i may look a bit mad but i dont care i THOROUGHLY ENJOYED IT!!

thankyou so much jason! :thumbup:

Scan0002.jpg

• Like 4

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

for 5 year i worked in the film industry making Film and TV props, the one thing you remember is that these props never look that cool in real life its when they have been photographed or filmed when they come to life.

Sam was very cool and had a lot of fun with the fans and i think you all will agree its an amazing photograph to keep and show your friends .

we will be unveiling more shoots like this in the future and you can be reassured that they will be very cool images.

and remember "he will save everyone of us"

Flash :-)

• Like 1

I thought it was absolutely awesome! Would definitely love more shoots like it in the future.

Just one thing, was it mentioned that a green screen would be used? As quite a few people got caught out wearing green, one girl even had green hair. Maybe a warning next time if it wasn't in the small print.

This one worked brilliantly and was such a laugh - my favourite shot of the weekend. If more prop shoots could be done like this, i.e. in front of a blank screen which could then be replaced with a computerized backdrop, it would be amazing. I adore my Indy bike shots, but imagine how much better they would look with a contextual backdrop like a country road behind them! So I'm glad to hear you're planning more of this kind of thing.

hi all

for 5 year i worked in the film industry making Film and TV props, the one thing you remember is that these props never look that cool in real life its when they have been photographed or filmed when they come to life.

Sam was very cool and had a lot of fun with the fans and i think you all will agree its an amazing photograph to keep and show your friends .

we will be unveiling more shoots like this in the future and you can be reassured that they will be very cool images.

and remember "he will save everyone of us"

Flash :-)

In hindsight if I could have gone back and had it done I would - So if you ever get Mr Jones back and he consents again, reserve me ticket #1 please

Loved it, I was concerned in advance that it wouldn't live up to expectations but I'm really pleased with it. I was impressed by the technology and both Sam and Giles seemed to be loving doing it. I agree that there should have been a warning that it was green-screen so that people could dress accordingly but otherwise, brilliant.

samjonesphotoshoot.jpg