Battlestar Galactica

bunnycure

Hi guys been watching the old classic Battlestar Galactica and haven't watched any of the new series yet, so I thought I would come on here to my sounding boards :) and find out what you think of the new series and if its worth a look.

Give it a go. I remember seeing the original version in the cinema (yes, I'm that old) and didn't get into the remake when it was originally broadcast but after meeting Aaron Douglas (The Chief) last year I was inspired to give it a proper rewatch (plus firm persuasion from a friend), Went through the whole thing in about 2 weeks and really enjoyed it. It's dark and there is some filler, especially around the middle, but I was much more appreciative of it and it was well worth sticking with in my view.

• Like 1

Give it a go. I remember seeing the original version in the cinema (yes, I'm that old) and didn't get into the remake when it was originally broadcast but after meeting Aaron Douglas (The Chief) last year I was inspired to give it a proper rewatch (plus firm persuasion from a friend), Went through the whole thing in about 2 weeks and really enjoyed it. It's dark and there is some filler, especially around the middle, but I was much more appreciative of it and it was well worth sticking with in my view.

Thanks ill give it a whirl :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard that Aaron Douglas is a hoot at cons!

Took me a few tries to get through all of BSG - but overall it really is a top show.

One of my gripes was that over used shot of a battle or some action sequence going on then a fast zoom in on the action, it's been getting done to death since Attack of the Clones (at least that's as far back as I can recall seeing it) and now it's thrown in everywhere - Man of Steel went crazy with it as well.

Felt great getting that off my chest!

Now, let's talk about how awesome Starbuck is!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was a fan of the original series so was excited to see the reboot. At first (for an hour or so) I was angry that they had made Starbucks a woman. After that first hour I was a fan of the new Starbucks and loved the series. I've rewatched it several times and have the prequel Caprica and Blood & Chrome on dvd.

So I'm wandering around Dragon*Con in Atlanta, in 2011... Cutting through an outdoor smoking area.

Suddenly, I hear a voice raised in my direction...

"DUDE! ARE YOU SCOTTISH?!"

'Yup! I, unlike 95% of the people here wearing kilts, AM legally qualified to do so!'

"Awesome! DRINK THIS!"

He hands me a jam jar filled with what looked like water.

It was not water.

It could, however, very probably have been poured into the fuel tank of the Millenium Falcon and cut down that controversial parsec thing even further!

Or, y'know, gotten the Galactica and her rag-tag fleet back to Earth in about 5 minutes.

Of course, I drank some.

We've got a reputation to uphold, after all ( And by "We" I mean the UKCM as well as the Scottish! DOUBLE JEOPARDY, FOLKS! )

Thing is, I bumped into the guy many more times over the following few days ( Officially, D*Con is Fri - Mon. Officially ;) )

And every single time, no matter what costume I wore, he offered me more moonshine!

I got him the odd drink in return - There's a story involving 18 year old McAllan whisky, and a trip across town that I'll tell the grownups among you in person come August if you ask me :P

If you're under-18... Then I drank some orange juice and went to play Laser Tag.

Oh, and he phoned up a friend of mine to berate her for not being in Atlanta! Forgot about the time difference. She was displeased, until she checked her voicemail.

I should point out that the gentleman in question wasn't actually attending the con as a guest - No, if he;s not booked to attend something fun, he generally pays his own way and shows up just because he LOVES going to conventions!

tl;dr:

This guy is a legend!

305111_1507279179767_3406037_n.jpg

( See the relevance now? ;) )

• Like 1