Who did you meet?

I met Sam Jones, Noel Clarke, Joanna Cassidy and Julian Glover. I dried when I got to Sam (augh) and Noel was pretty busy so wasn't able to say what I'd planned, but my Flash Gordon prop shoot is my favourite of the lot (and I like all of my photos!) and Noel was very interactive with everyone during his photoshoot. Best chats were with Joanna and Julian. I was talking Blade Runner with Joanna, natch; I actually avoid getting Star Wars autos on the whole as that universe is so special to me I feel that getting autos would ruin it for me somehow, but as there were no GoT Maester Pycelle photos, I ended up breaking my rule to get one of Julian as General Veers, because that character was one cool cucumber.

So, yes, all really good encounters for me.

My friend met Garrett Wang and he was really nice too.

We met a whole load of guests over the two days and had some great experiences, from Doctor Who we met:

Billie Piper

Paul McGann

Noel Clarke

Bonne Langford

Sarah Sutton

Fernanda Marlowe

Karen Gledhill

Dick Mills

Neve McIntosh

William Russell

Carole Ann Ford

Richard Franklin

(only two we didn't meet were Colin Fay and Ray Scammell)

Plus

Steve Cardenas

Walter Jones

Veronica Taylor

Natasha Henstridge

Sam Jones

Margot Kidder

Julian Glover

Nicole De Boer

Hannah Spearitt

Jett Lucas

Bobby Holland Hanton

Mark Lewis Jones

Busy weekend !

Edited by GoldenGreen

we met: brian blessed, natasha henstridge, kelly kelly, maryse, martin griffiths (ghostbusters/thundercats and marvel uk comic artist) and michael rooker on his surprise appearance.

all were superb but maryse was a little disapointing though..didnt seem as outgoing and interested as the others there 2bh but all in all had a good meet and greet day.

Edited by teabelly83

Mark Lewis Jones - said knew him best for 55 Degrees North as was filmed back hyem and asked did he have fun doing it.

Carol Ann Ford - remembered me from the photoshoot due to my Sea Shanties t-shirt and asked if i was going to sing one, if I'am in a band/could sing. Said only in the shower and if I tried sing at the show I'd get done for making everyone deaf!!

William Russell - mentioned that last time saw him randomly picked photo from Adventures of Lancelot and that Christmas got the dvd box as a present and whilst some episodes have dated more than others really enjoyed them and even that sat down with me mam who knows him better for that than Dr.Who and w eboth enjoyed seeing to which taken a little back and thanked me for saying that and it meant alot to him me saying that. True gent!

Fernanda Marlowe - pleasant lady who was happy talk bout Cpl.Bell being a last minute character.

Kate O'Mara - got her to sign my Hammer Glamour on her page then posed pic over table where she said I'd have do most the leaning as she'd a bad back

Julian Glover - due large queue just kept it to asking him sign his character name under his sig.on my mini Game of Thrones Throne pic (probably have to retire that soon might see if Iain Glen can sign it then Lena Heady when/if she returns).

Sam Jones - brieft mention about "Ted 2" andtold him I'd been in the joint photo shoot queue for him and Brian Blessed and asked if he'd worked with anyone louder/over the top, replied John Rhys Davies and both him and the crew member seemed like my suggestion of getting Brian, John, Tim Curry, Simon Callow & Alan Rickman at his Sheriff of Nottingham/Hans Gruber best together in same film to see who'd win :D

Joanna Cassidy - asked if they'd be script problems on Ghosts of Mars, namely a lack of a one to which she leaned back laughed and clapped. Then asked me what did I think? Well IF there was one it was either done on bag of cig packet or a beer mat and lets set a film on Mars oh yeah we'll do it in desert and then paint it red! Lovely lady.

Dick Mills - had pleasant chat about the number of events he's attended so far this year and looking forward to the last one next month where he'll have a wee break afterwards, how he's been lucky when driving on the M25 whilst his daughter hasn't. Absolute gent.

Karen Gledhill - had enjoyed the day and was looking forward to future events.

Andrew Hayden Smith - asked how his day been and things been ticking over nicely. Asked where my accent was from told where bouts in Newcastle and which hospital with him replying he's a QE hosptial baby. Asked if coming out gay had affected way people dealt with him or affected his career which he said hasn't. Told him how I'll know him best for Byker Grove and more so for CBBC with Kate Heavenor whom he recalled being fun to work with.

Lexa Doig - looking at her photos said only really knew her for Jason X and her crew member showed me the one they had to which I just said, 'Nah, I'll tek this one as does he more justice (one of her with lab coat on from Stargate. Managed put my foot in it by saying American when she's actually Canadian - wooooooooooops!! To which said please accept my sincerest apologies.

Natasha Henstridge - lovely lady who 'defended' Ghosts of Mars as being academy worthy! :lol: Had chat about how both her characters in Species & GoM were strong women (and in case GoM a responsible role) and not just glorified secretaries like Uhura. Which she said doesn't know who she is as not seen Star Trek, that's blasphemy for some people isn't it? ;) Also went 'yes, good and great big smile,' after I said women are always right even when they're wrong but they're never wrong.

Paul McGann - went up to him at end and told him met him at an EMS where said I enjoyed his role in The Three Musketeers and he'd challenged me to pot his other appearance. Found it told him so and described it and he went 'wey', shook my hand, congratulated me and said you win a prize.........no idea what the prize is but you've won it!

Also saw Lee Bradley and Henry Davies for a chat and got Henry do a drawing of Alf Tupper Tough of the Track for me.

Edited by madmilburn

All the guests I met were fantastic this weekend. My favourite by far was Sam J Jones. When I was talking to him at the signing I really struggled to not call him Flash! He was a very good sport and at the photoshoot happy to interact with fans and improvised some funny poses and he asked me to dance! The photo came out great and I can honestly say I think he is one of the greatest guests Showmasters has ever had. I also had the prop photoshoot which came out great and once again he was laughing and joking with everyone. Several people I spoke to all agreed he made the event for us all. Top bloke! I hope he comes back again soon.