Comic guests no-show.

• Moderators

A pity that so many of the comics guests hadn't turned up as I was looking forward to meeting them.

Who didn't turn up? For an event with Comics in the name, there needs to be a greater focus on them and to bring in higher profile names.

With a whole zone dedicated to comics, and people focused on organising it, there is attention on it this year and going forward.

They were all there on the Saturday. I spoke to pretty much each one of them and they were all really cool guys who each gave really good advice for an aspiring comic book writer like myself. I got some lovely prints too for a very reasonable price. There were some great small press guys there too. Well done showmasters, more please!

I was looking for Robin Furth on sunday to get a Dark Tower comic, but couldn't find her anywhere. The info desk had no idea either (which they actually should at future events), real pity :(

I met her on the Saturday to get my Gunslinger #1 signed - A real highlight as she couldn't attend the Summer con due to a family emergency

A pity that so many of the comics guests hadn't turned up as I was looking forward to meeting them.

Who didn't turn up? For an event with Comics in the name, there needs to be a greater focus on them and to bring in higher profile names.

With a whole zone dedicated to comics, and people focused on organising it, there is attention on it this year and going forward.

As more of a comics fan with an interest in film & TV shows, I'd like there to be some higher profile American guests much like many the film guests are. Neal Adams was great during the summer, more like this please.

Is there anyway some more of the dealers from the London Comic Mart to attend? I could have spent far more but there wasn't much in the way of choice.

I think Showmasters are trying to improve things and I hope this continues at future events.

I think the Comic Zone was one of the few failings in what otherwise seemed like a really good event; there was a full panel of talks, but at no point did I see a schedule for them - just that a full programme of talks would be happening. On the plus side, it meant there were plenty of seats for having a sitdown - the show's other main failing! ;)

all be it, with 3 comic guests cancelling before the show didnt help at all, i felt the comic area could have been better.

I felt (with some exceptions) if you didnt like Judge Dredd, Transformers, Dr Who Comics and then various others - and the couple of comic people that attend every show, it was no draw.

Hopefully at the next one there will be some current guests, like from Dc

I know that then others will say they have no interest this, like i have no interest from the ones i listed, but this is just my own personal feedback.

thanks

Shawlax

I was looking for Robin Furth on sunday to get a Dark Tower comic, but couldn't find her anywhere. The info desk had no idea either (which they actually should at future events), real pity :(

I met her on the Saturday to get my Gunslinger #1 signed - A real highlight as she couldn't attend the Summer con due to a family emergency

Robin Furth was announced as attending the Saturday only. Here's the Tweet from the official LFCC Comic Zone Twitter page: https://twitter.com/LFCCComicZone/status/383235033705639936, and quite a few others were only announced as Satuday guests, which was why so many tables were empty on the Sunday.

We appreciate all feedback though, and will do our utmost to improve all future events, so keep suggestions and criticisms coming (though please, don't be too hard on us...we can only deal with so much at a time, and there's only four of us that have to try and be everywhere and know everything at once).

Robin Furth was announced as attending the Saturday only. Here's the Tweet from the official LFCC Comic Zone Twitter page: https://twitter.com/...235033705639936, and quite a few others were only announced as Satuday guests, which was why so many tables were empty on the Sunday.

We appreciate all feedback though, and will do our utmost to improve all future events, so keep suggestions and criticisms coming (though please, don't be too hard on us...we can only deal with so much at a time, and there's only four of us that have to try and be everywhere and know everything at once).

Problem may have arisen because on the main LFCC site it's saying she was there both days - To be fair that is what I went by and didn't even know there was a Comic zone feed. Not really a comic person myself and she was the only one I knew, though I will be trying to spend more time with the artists in the future.

Robin Furth was announced as attending the Saturday only. Here's the Tweet from the official LFCC Comic Zone Twitter page: https://twitter.com/...235033705639936, and quite a few others were only announced as Satuday guests, which was why so many tables were empty on the Sunday.

Problem may have arisen because on the main LFCC site it's saying she was there both days - To be fair that is what I went by and didn't even know there was a Comic zone feed. Not really a comic person myself and she was the only one I knew, though I will be trying to spend more time with the artists in the future.

That's true. It was also announced on the forums here that she would be attending both days, so I can see where things went wrong. There are so many different guest announcements, and days certain guests are attending that there's bound to be mistakes. It's just unfortunate that others were effected by them.

There is, however, a Comic Zone Twitter feed (http://www.twitter.com/LFCCComicZone), and there's a Facebook page, also (http://www.facebook.com/LFCCComicZone) for future reference. :smile:

• Like 1

I felt (with some exceptions) if you didnt like Judge Dredd, Transformers, Dr Who Comics and then various others - and the couple of comic people that attend every show, it was no draw.

I agree, hopefully at future shows there will be a wider variety of guests and some popular comics people of today, from yes DC, plus Marvel and Image.

I was planning to meet her on the Sunday - but had a 15 min window on the Saturday, was passing by and she was alone so dropped by for a chat - Such a lovely woman and gave me the best news ever.... That 'The Dark Tower' is being picked up again so looks like we'll have 'Roland' around for a little longer it seems.

I'll make sure to check with you guys in future if I'm going to the CZ

I agree, hopefully at future shows there will be a wider variety of guests and some popular comics people of today, from yes DC, plus Marvel and Image.

Thanks for that feedback. We'll definitely take that into consideration and try our best to get a more varied guest line-up.

I was planning to meet her on the Sunday - but had a 15 min window on the Saturday, was passing by and she was alone so dropped by for a chat - Such a lovely woman and gave me the best news ever.... That 'The Dark Tower' is being picked up again so looks like we'll have 'Roland' around for a little longer it seems.

I'll make sure to check with you guys in future if I'm going to the CZ

So glad you got to meet her; she really is lovely!

But yes, do keep an eye on the CZ Twitter and Facebook feeds; we were live-tweeting throughout the event with photos, updates and time schedules, and any questions will try to be answered through there as well.