Photoshoots - a bit disappointing...

We did 11 photo shoots over the weekend and I think the best atmosphere was in the Sam Jones Prop Shoot on the Saturday at end of the day,I was a bit diappointed when I first saw the prop but actually with the green screen and a good photo it actually looks pretty cool.

The Carole Ann Ford photo shoot was o.k., I'd rather have a photo with her than not at all and not everyone wants to be given a bear hug. I remember when Keeley Hawes did a shoot a few years o.k., I asked her if it was o.k. if I put my arm around her, and she said thank you for asking and she wished others had as well !

All the other photo shoots were fine, yes it has to be quick as they would never get through them and I did have to go round again for Nicole De Boer as the printer ran out of ink/paper so my first pic didn't come through and as the female showmasters crew member said to me, it can't be a bad thing that you get to go round and give Nicole another hug ! :smile:

It's funny you should say that about going round again, as I have twice had to do that (once at this show), and would rather have just had my photos re-printed. This time round I had a fantastic photo with Thomas Robins which had a slight line across it due to the printer. I pointed it out and unfortunately had the photo ripped up and asked to go round again. The lady I asked was very friendly and happy to help in any way possible, but I would rather have just had my original re-printed. Now I'll need to pay an extra £5 to get it from the online store. The second photo was fine and I have no problems with it, but the first one was absolutely perfect in my opinion. I can understand the need to keep things speedy at hectic photo-shoots, but the quieter ones, can we not be given the choice to stand at the side and wait while they re-print it? Possibly after everyone else has gone through?

I thought the Carole Ann photo would be like that since she did a shoot back in March which, in my opinion, looked a bit rubbish. It was her sat on one side of a table and the the fan sat on the other side, with about 3 ot 4 feet between them. Looked very cold and uncomfortable. Not seen any of her shots from this event but it sounds similar. Glad I have a fair few pics with her from back when she was comfortable doing them.

I was surprised that she was doing a shoot at all, so good to get a photo with her. There were two chairs set out, one for you and one for Carole Ann and they were a fair bit apart, I leaned in quite a bit on mine and she did lean in a bit as well, but there is still quite a gap. I think to be fair to her if she is uncomfortable doing shoots then this is a good compromise so that you can at least get a photo with her. I certainly wasn't disappointed and she was very pleasant both in the shoot and when signing as well. Sometimes guests have had bad experiences in the past , or it's just not their cup of tea, I think the fact she did one is all credit to her as it's obviously not something the is really comfortable doing.

I do think a seated photo shoot option is a good call as well though for some of the older guests in particular who must get quite tired over the whole day, although it would be good to have those seats a little nearer, even if it meant just politely asking people to refrain from grabbin or hugging the guest.

It IS good for those who have never had a photo with her. I suppose I am just comparing it to the ones I've had in the past with her. I first met her thirteen years ago and even then there was mention of her not wanting to be man-handled in the photos, but strangely it never really affected her performance in photos. She was always ok with photos and being stood right next to the fan. It was only following the Bad Wolf convention a few years back that she withdrew from photos altogether, until this year when she did a VERY limited one in Barking (the shoot was cancelled at the last minute but she had to honor the few pre-ordered shoots that they'd sold), one for a charity con, then this.

Edited by Zagreus

It IS good for those who have never had a photo with her. I suppose I am just comparing it to the ones I've had in the past with her. I first met her thirteen years ago and even then there was mention of her not wanting to be man-handled in the photos, but strangely it never really affected her performance in photos. She was always ok with photos and being stood right next to the fan. It was only following the Bad Wolf convention a few years back that she withdrew from photos altogether, until this year when she did a VERY limited one in Barking (the shoot was cancelled at the last minute but she had to honor the few pre-ordered shoots that they'd sold), one for a charity con, then this.

The good news then at least is she is back doing photo shoots and I suppose over time she may feel more comfortable again with the whole thing, She always seems a very lovely lady when you meet her and all credit to her coming round to doing shoots again after a bad experience.

I rarely do photo shoots but I have to say noel Clarke gave me the biggest hug before the photo and alex vlahos was so funny, my shirt clashed with his jumper so I took it off ( I had a black t shirt underneath) as I approached him he said are you ready now and we both laughed abouy what could have been a terrible colour clash then he gave me a big hug after

Edited by rosie727

I think the photoshoots are either made or broken by the celebrity. Every photoshoot I had this weekend was a fun experience. Sam J jones was so comfortable and so much fun in the photoshoots making the experience great for all his fans, the same goes for Jon, Lexa and Michael too. They were all laughing and making the experience enjoyable for everyone.