LFCC winter 2013

Hello,

just returned from LFCC 2013 thought it was excellent really.great loction really easy to get to by

train.Felt it Olympia was much nicer than Earls court.meet some really nice people there cannot

wait for the next LFCC. :clap:

• Like 2

My boyfriend Matt and I went yesterday and really enjoyed it. We had previously met Billie Piper and Hannah Spearritt when they did signings in MK but wanted to meet them again because they had both been so friendly before and we still had things for them to sign. We also wanted to meet Natasha Henstridge . We arrived at 10pm and were told that we did not need a vq ticket for Billie. This was a big surprise as there had been loads of people for her in MK. Billie was lovely and signed and dedicated 2 photos for us which we were very pleased about as there wasn't time for dedications last time. She was polite and chatty. We asked her if she would appear in any more episodes of Dr Who after 50th anniversary special and she said that she did not have any plans to at the moment but feels that there is always a possibility it could happen in the future. We were also able to join Natasha's line without a ticket. Natasha was very friendly and smiley and seemed to be enjoying chatting to people. She shook hands with us both and said that she had been working on some new projects but said that unfortunately some of her recent projects have not been released in the UK. We got a vq ticket for Hannah but did not have to wait long. Hannah remembered Matt from MK. He had mentioned then that he remembered her from high school as she was a few years above him. She was really nice and down to earth and asked us where we live now and chatted about the local area / how long the journey took us. She also said that while she does not have any theatre projects lined up at the moment she is working on an independent film. She agreed to have an over the table photo with Matt which came out really well. We then had photo shoots with Billie, Hannah and Natasha. The photos were good quality and the people in charge of all photo areas were really helpful and organised. Thank you to all involved. I hope everyone attending over the weekend enjoys it.

• Like 2

100% better than Earls Court, great venue and no horrible yellow lighting!!

Agree about the lighting but when the summer one was there last year it was far too hot with the Sun burning in through all that glass. Like being in a greenhouse. Very unpleasant, especially with how packed it was. Both have plus and minus points but all that glass really does make things uncomfortable when it's hot.

Also had a great time. I was only there yesterday but it did seem like a well organised event that I enjoyed visiting, I only met one person Walter Jones and he was very pleasant. Not sure I agree with people saying the venue is better than earl's court, I certainly don't agree it is easier to reach than earl's court and I personally prefer that venue but Olympia is good and the balcony did make a nice feature. I will go next year for sure if there is anyone I want to meet.

I had a good time and today was much quieter than yesterday. I did want to ask what happened to the partitioning for the queues for autographs? I just felt sorry for the crew members (all of them that I dealt with were great by the way) who had to shoo out of the area people who were not in the queues.

• Like 2

I had a good time and today was much quieter than yesterday. I did want to ask what happened to the partitioning for the queues for autographs? I just felt sorry for the crew members (all of them that I dealt with were great by the way) who had to shoo out of the area people who were not in the queues.

That seemed a bit over zealous in that respect, people just wanting to have a look at the guests were moved along which seemed a but harsh. It's not as if people haven't paid to get in.

Overall pretty great - liked it being quieter, which was why I picked Sunday as luckily all my guests were available on that day. Thanks to the red shirt who let me redo my Noel Clarke photo after having a blink moment. One of those times were one eye had started blinking but not the other, and I've had some crew refuse to redo because of that - leaving me with a photo where I look like I've been boshed over the head!

Only slight complaint was the photgrapher in area A not really framing the photo well with Noel Clarke. There's less than a centimetre of backdrop between my head and the edge of the photo, and it goes right down to low thigh. Not very flattering ;) But if I crop it to waist level, the photo itself is good, thanks to the redo - both eyes open!

Thanks to the crew, had a bit of a chat with some, good times :).

Had an absolutely amazing weekend, met so many lovely people and spent so much money but defo worth it.

All SM staff were absolutely lovely, had no trouble getting my free entry ticket I won on Twitter and it was overall a fantastic event!

As it was my first London event I expected it to be bigger than Mk and it was exactly that! So many stalls, talks going on, photo shoot areas and more than ever cosplay people! I loved the gaming section and the fact you could just chill on the balcony. Will 100% be attending again! had an amazing weekend!

Thank you SM!! :D

• Like 2

Got there around ten past nine Sunday morning and strolled straight in, it was really quiet. Only needed to meet Walter Jones who was a nice guy and told me some stories about the two shows he appeared in which I was interested ( non Power Rangers ). The guy in front of me asked for a photo even though there was a no posed photo sign and Walter said he was not supposed to and pushed his photo shoot but then posed for a photo anyway ( I didn't like to ask ). More guests than normal seemed to have no posed photo signs up and I hope this isn't the start of their agents or whoever sensing a way to make more income.

As always many thanks to Showmasters for putting on the event from the crowds I saw on Sunday morning it was certainly no big money maker for them !!

At more and more events lately the only queues seem to be at Dr Who related guests I just really hope it is still worth the expenses in bringing over guests from the USA.

At more and more events lately the only queues seem to be at Dr Who related guests I just really hope it is still worth the expenses in bringing over guests from the USA.

I shouldn't worry about that, Sam jones had a TON of people queueing for his prop shoot on the sat, and the hobbit/LOTR q&a was the most attended, so there is very definately a variety of people meeting a variety people as it should be :)

• Like 1

That seemed a bit over zealous in that respect, people just wanting to have a look at the guests were moved along which seemed a but harsh. It's not as if people haven't paid to get in.

I agree, was waiting in queue for Julian Glover when a member of the crew said I couldn't wait here as I was past the line, said I was better off coming back as he was at his photo shoot. Now I had already taken time out of the show as he didn't arrive until 12:30 and when I left a gap at the invisible line others starting queuing in front of me so I just joined in, the crew member in charge just let the queue grow larger as she had no control over it; pretty pathetic really as you say we paid to get in so if we want to queue we will queue.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Got there around ten past nine Sunday morning and strolled straight in, it was really quiet. Only needed to meet Walter Jones who was a nice guy and told me some stories about the two shows he appeared in which I was interested ( non Power Rangers ). The guy in front of me asked for a photo even though there was a no posed photo sign and Walter said he was not supposed to and pushed his photo shoot but then posed for a photo anyway ( I didn't like to ask ). More guests than normal seemed to have no posed photo signs up and I hope this isn't the start of their agents or whoever sensing a way to make more income.

As always many thanks to Showmasters for putting on the event from the crowds I saw on Sunday morning it was certainly no big money maker for them !!

Sunday was busier than expected and everything went well :)

I did notice that there seemed to be a larger number of no posed photo signs up on the Sunday, 12-14 out of 35 film/tv/wrestlers. Think one or two had done posed pics the day before, some had them all weekend. With some of the guests thought fairly obvious it would be no posed pics from the off ie Noel Clarke.

Whilst overall I did enjoy the show there was a sense of weirdness in how quiet it got on Saturday bout 3 or half-3, would say it reached it's peak by 1 and the Sunday touch busier but also became quiet well before end of the show.

Thanks and well done to the female crew member who was organising the photo shot queue for Brian Blessed & Sam Jones, Carol Ann Ford. If hadn't heard her making sure people had right tickets I might've missed my pic with Carol altogether.

It was definitely busier than last years EMS. I think changing the name has helped as people are less confused as to what the show is about! Our stall was opposite Photo B and we could hear Brian Blessed shouting all through his photoshoot :D We had a great weekend.

The queues were mainly for the one day guests. The two day Trek guests were as good as open queue on Sunday from the start, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 90/10 split in terms of autographs they signed for Sat/Sun.

I think changing the name has helped as people are less confused as to what the show is about!

Indeed, some of my friends never knew what show I was on about when I said EMS, despite having been there themselves in previous years.

though one or two of them still missed it, not being ready for a Winter show at the start of Autumn ;)

Edited by TerraHawk

I had two great days there with my son, so may great memories of the weekend we had a fantastic time although absolutely shattered when we got back on Sunday night.

Some highlights for us:

- Cosplayers - more than ever and all I can say is "wow" , my son always loves getting photos with them and even convinced me to buy him a Captain America costume from one of the stalls so he can wear a costume next time, in fact when I got home last night, he was there with his brother and a friend doing their own superhero themed cosplay ! Special mention for the Weeping Angels on the Sunday, AMAZING !

- Doctor Who Guests - these were the main ones we had gone for over the two days and they were all absolutely lovely, and one or two even better, Bonnie Langford is such a lovely lady, Dick Mills was a fine gent with some great tales , Billie and Noel were fantastic and took time to speak to my son even though they had busy queues, all were great

- Sam Jones Prop Shoot - great atmosphere and fantastic photo, I was a little disappointed initially as I thought we would be sitting down, but very pleased with the photo

- Women of Sci-Fi Talk - Absolutely fantastic to see these three actresses together on stage who had played such iconic Sci-Fi film characters, great idea to have the three of them together in the talk

- Veronica Taylor - What can I say, such a lovely lady, chatted for ages, very friendly , happy to do her voices etc, very similar in a way to Charles Martinet from the Summer in terms of top guests, lets have more voice artists please.