Sign in to follow this  
norse_sage

Guest Suggestions

D*mn :no: ... This is scary... Have never seen it so quiet here (even the forum of DSTL was never so long so quiet.)...

With only 3 days to go.. I'm starting to doubt if there's going to be any guests announcement in December at al.. Don't like it... (then January must bring A LOT of MAYOR guests)

I agree with you Annick, it is awfully quiet on here. With 2 months to go DSTL was buzzing with new threads. If not announcements then just random questions and chatter from people attending. I'm hoping everyones just tired from Xmas and it will get busy in the new year!

I did think for a little while that I might be on the wrong forum. Is there a German language DSTG forum where all the German locals are chatting?

Another forum? Don't think so... This would show on the site itself..

During DSTL there was only one forum (the same one as this).

DSTF is also on twice Facebook, but the official DSTF facebookpage (the other one is fan made) is an extension of the Twitter page, and both have no (or hardly) activities. (Last thing is from the Trekkie Girls, from the 18th, nothing special - if you ask me).

Yeah, there were so many more subjects last time. But if I'm not mistaken, at DSTL at this time (2 short months before it took place), more guests were announced already.

If DTSF wants to be as great with guests as DSTL, they'll have to announce at least 20 new guests in 2 small months (then - with 20 more guests - the counter says 33, that are 10 guests less as last time). A miracle has to happen or this is going to be a small event with 13 guests so far...

Surely very soon we should see some more guest announcements! I really want to come but can't justify the cost as it stand right now. A gold ticket would be good, but if there are only 13 guests then it will never get busy enough to be worth it. Can just do everything with the standard ticket

Sorry, never heard about the guy, but more guest actors have been asked and confirmed (this Kitty Swank wasn't a regular, right?), so we'll see. (Personally I hope for some good and bigger names, no names with only a one or two time guest role)

Never heard of the guy. But a quick look at his imdb profile tells me he is a working actor, and for all I know he might have at least some level of recognizability in Germany. For that reason alone, sure, why not, one can consider inviting him to Destination Star Trek Germany. Might be cool for the Germans attending, provided of course he has some level of following for other roles in Gemany. No one else will care though.

As a general thing, I keep it to myself when a guest I have zero interest in is announced. The guest could be a really nice person, and others could be stoked for him/her (even if why sometimes is beyond me). In this case however, we are dealing with guest suggestions, not guest announcements - so I'll make an exception on this one occasion. This kind of ultra obscure no-name guests, with nothing more than forgettable bit parts no one cares about to their names; if they do show up, will more likely than not largey be ignored by everyone for the duration of the event. That's not cool for anyone, least of all the guest him or herself.

So more guests announced today. Hurray! I hope at least 8 (random number, I was aiming at 10)!

Well, count 6 less and you have the winning number.. :thumbdown:

Well, count 6 less and you have the winning number.. :thumbdown:

I really was hoping for more and "Next week we will be announcing the final guests..." doesn't look very promising... and unfortunately Jonathan Frakes has cancelled his attendance :no::thumbdown:

Though I'm absolutely happy about the announcement of Karl Urban :clap::dance::clap: He is one of my guest wishes, besides Marc Alaimo whom I'd love to see again :smile:

Me too, I am basolutely thrilled about Karl Urban!

I would have preferred more guest announcements, sure, but if one of them is Karl Urban...then it's all good as far as I'm concerned :thumbup:

News from DSTF, just came up on FB

We are really excited and we hope you are too.

THE FINAL 10 GUESTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK!!!

Which consist of:

- Movie guests

- Enterprise crew

- TNG crew

- Voyager crew

- Series Producers

Here's to hoping that Patrick Stewart (Picard) is one of the 10, not knowing that is basically what's holding me off from buying tickets to the show for the moment.

Ten more names will help. A lot.

I was already sold with Urban Shatner, but everyone else is a bonus.

Here's to hoping that some of those ten new guests are names found in my original post of this thread.

Here's to hoping that Patrick Stewart (Picard) is one of the 10, not knowing that is basically what's holding me off from buying tickets to the show for the moment.

Although this is purely speculative... but alas Sir Stewart willen never be along those 10 ;).

Hyping an event is all about showing off the big guns. As you would agree, Sir Stewart is the Big Bertha of guns ;). Therefore there is only the slimmest chance he'll be announced as 'one of the 10 last guests' (alas).

Edited by Vivec

Patrick Stewart is currently in a play on Broadway until 30 March, so (sadly) I very much doubt he will be free on the weekend of DSTG.

Don't want to (to use a Dutch expression translated to English) "cut myself in the fingers", but a / any other captain/headline guest as final announcement... That would surely be a surprise..

Patrick Stewart is currently in a play on Broadway until 30 March, so (sadly) I very much doubt he will be free on the weekend of DSTG.

I see. Thanks for the info. In that event I think I'll cancel my hotel reservation and wait for another opportunity in the future (assuming there might be one).

In the States you'll have more chance of meeting any of them, since there is *almost* every month a convention somewhere...

(Too bad the States are so far and and flights/staying there/visit any convention isn't cheap otherwise I would go)

Yeah, nevermind though. I'm sure there will be another opportunity somewhere in Europe.

again Frakes cancled. I was trying to meet him now the 5t time on a event. boooh. :no:

Would love to see Will Wheaton

Scott Bakula

Nichelle Nicholas

George Takei

again Frakes cancled. I was trying to meet him now the 5t time on a event. boooh. :no:

Would love to see Will Wheaton

Scott Bakula

Nichelle Nicholas

George Takei

Well, one or more of last 10 guests is/are TNG crew so options are Will Wheaton and Denise Crosby. Maybe April Grace or Colm Meaney (though Colm Meaney should be DS9 crew). Whoopi Goldberg? Diana Muldaur?

Movie guests I would love to meet: Malcolm McDowell, Christopher Plummer, Christopher Lloyd, Kim Catrall, Peter Weller and Eric Bana. And we need another captain - Scott Bakula or Kate Mulgrew, since no DS9 crew.

Edited by Praetor Steiner