Amy Acker - Cancellation

Massive Events

Would fhere be any chance of a refund?

Refund policies are on the website. You could transfer your ticket in case the event sells out, but that hasn't happened yet.

Are there plans to try and get a replacement? - I see it wasn't mentioned in the announcement of the cancellation? Like others have pointed out - the other headliner is sponsored so it would be nice to know that attempts were being made to get someone else.

They're always trying to get a replacement for a guest, that's why it wasn't specifically mentioned. It's still some weeks to go, that's a lot of time in convention time. Those "we're trying to get a replacement" notes are usually put in cancellations much closer to the date.

I'm really sad she cannot make it but I'm glad it is going well for her. That said, I have to say the Alyson joke makes total sense. I'm sure she'd love to come with Alexis. But with HIMYM, I'm not sure she has the time or the energy. I would also love it if we got a replacement but I know they're doing everything they can. Two years ago we got Anthony Head as a replacement, so that was pretty awesome. Would love to see James Marsters, Alyson Hannigan or Amber Benson. Someone as "big" as Amy would be rather nice. But hey, the guests are still pretty awesome so I am not going to complain! See you all in October!

Edited by frenchwhedonist

Would fhere be any chance of a refund?

Refund policies are on the website. You could transfer your ticket in case the event sells out, but that hasn't happened yet.

Are there plans to try and get a replacement? - I see it wasn't mentioned in the announcement of the cancellation? Like others have pointed out - the other headliner is sponsored so it would be nice to know that attempts were being made to get someone else.

They're always trying to get a replacement for a guest, that's why it wasn't specifically mentioned. It's still some weeks to go, that's a lot of time in convention time. Those "we're trying to get a replacement" notes are usually put in cancellations much closer to the date.

Thank you very much for this message, Queen_Sindel. Just knowing that Showmasters are at least attempting to find a replacement is wonderful news! :smile:

Gutted about the news with alexis being a sponsered guest your not getting much for your £80 ticket. You will have to replace her with another headline guest.

Charisma carpenter

J august richards

David boreanez

Eliza dushku

Allison hannigan

Michelle trachtenburg

Sarah michelle gellar

Any of those would be good, come on showmasters you still have 3 weeks to sort something out don't let us down

• Moderators

As lineups are usually around 4-6 guests, I don't think anyone needs to be throwing around any threats of "you better replace her!" or "don't let us down!" etc. The lineup is still strong, and I'm sure if it's possible for them to get someone else they will.

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 3

As lineups are usually around 4-6 guests, I don't think anyone needs to be throwing around any threats of "you better replace her!" or "don't let us down!" etc. The lineup is still strong, and I'm sure if it's possible for them to get someone else they will.

I'm pretty happy with the line-up personally as I'm going to meet friends of mine just as much as I'm going for the guests themselves.

Whilst I'm happy with the line-up, I can see why other people aren't. There are 7 guests if you include Brad Bell (which is great!), but only one of these guests in a headline star (the other one is sponsored so has additional costs). Last year, even though there were only 3 guests in the end with Sean Maher cancelling at the last minute, you could argue that all 3 that remained were headliners (none of which were sponsored guests). Plus, due to Sean Maher's cancellation, the people who attended Hallowhedon 4 received free group studio photos, etc.

So whilst I'm happy personally, I think people asking for another guest (whether headliner or not) isn't asking for too much. :smile:

At another show a guest pulled out at the last minute leaving only 1 headline guest. The mood at the show was just awful everyone i spoke to ssid they would not be coming back. Collectormania always puts good shows on so i would hate this to happen to them

I love the line up and I'm very thankful to have met Amy a few times before, IF and it's a big IF we could request a replacement I'd really like to meet Marc Blucas, hated Riley at the end of Buffy so I'd be intrigued to hear what he thought about his characters ''journey'' :D

Too bad, would have loved to meet Amy!

Although I do think that it's not more than fair that the crew takes Amy off the main page of the convention. It would be really sad if somebody decides to go just because of Amy, not knowing that she already has cancelled.

I totally agree! It's too bad there aren't any updates on the main page. That's what sells - not the forum.

Hi,

A quick heads up - Can someone change the Halloweeden home page http://massiveevents...k/hallowhedon5/

- it doesn't say anything about her cancelling and could be misleading?.

i.e. incase someone buys a ticket (which are none refundable) etc.

For me i was about to book my non refundable train and hotel based on that homepage, but luckily decided to check within the link to the forum (which some people might not do).

Me and my wife were only going to go if she was going - can someone kindly remind me if i have any options on getting the absentee pack instead or something along those lines etc.

Also does the photo pack automatically get refunded?

Thanks

Edited by kev2000cav

I've already paged the office and let them know. They're probably still in London or on the way back to Milton Keynes, but the update should be sone shortly.

I'm not sure if I am understanding correct. Do you have a ticket yet and are asking if you could get your autographs picked up for you?

The booked photo sessions will automatically be refunded, yes.

I've already paged the office and let them know. They're probably still in London or on the way back to Milton Keynes, but the update should be sone shortly.

I'm not sure if I am understanding correct. Do you have a ticket yet and are asking if you could get your autographs picked up for you?

The booked photo sessions will automatically be refunded, yes.

Hi,

sorry i'm usually not very clear

Photo shoot answer perfect thanks - does it get refunded after the event or now ish

I was just checking what happens if we choose not to attend now? - does our programme kit turn into an absentee pack or nothing etc

appreciate your help, if you suggest there's a better topic to talk post on let me know thankyou

Edited by kev2000cav

I was just checking what happens if we choose not to attend now? - does our programme kit turn into an absentee pack or nothing etc

I you choose not to attend the kit doesn't turn into an absentee pack by default.

Try dropping the office a line at info@showmastersonline.com. Maybe something could be arranged.

I you choose not to attend the kit doesn't turn into an absentee pack by default.

Try dropping the office a line at info@showmastersonline.com. Maybe something could be arranged.

thanks again - I have emailed them

also the homepage for Hallowhedon 5 has been updated which is great

Edited by kev2000cav

Noooo :( Gutted. Wish I hadn't bought silver now.

Glad she's busy working of course, but was soooo looking forward to seeing her and Alexis together in the talks. She's been high on my to-meet list for years.

This only leaves us with one headliner and he's sponsored, so I hope they're able to get someone else.

• Like 1