Amy Acker - Cancellation

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately Amy will not be able to make Hallowhedon due to work commitments! She sends her apologies and is gutted that she won't get to see you all this time. We will certainly be trying to reschedule her for a future event!

Whilst we are disappointed Amy wont be with us we are pleased that her career is still so strong, wish her all the best and hope to see her over in the UK with us in the near future! :smile:

We still have an amazing weekend planned for you all and can't wait for the next 3 weeks to pass!

Take care,

Mark :smile:

hmm not surprising but really gutted this is the 4th time in the last few years Amy has not made it to the uk!.I guess we kind of knew something like this would happen when Much Ado came out to critical acclaim.

She has been cast a a regular for a while now on Person of interest i had wondered if she could work round the schedule - shame. I just hope Alexis is still ok too as he has work on Grimm.

Well sure we will still have a fab time as always but was looking forward to seeing Amy again but sure she will get over here sometime.

Edited by buffy2k

Alexis is coming, he's married to Alyson Hannigan...just saying....family vacation to England for the weekend.... ;)

That was a joke, by the way...sort of...

To quote Fred Weasley: "Just trying to diffuse the tension...."

:P

Edited by Shangel
  • Like 3

Had a feeling this was going to happen. So can't say I'm surprised.

Any plans for a replacement guest or a price cut for Alexis' autograph? Amy is the other headline guest so would like to see ticket money going towards something else.

Such a shame she's had to cancel yet another UK appearance, yet not a complete surprise.

Does anyone know if those of us who pre-booked photo tickets for Amy will be automatically refunded the cost or can we just ask to put the money towards something else at the con?

Always disappointing but suspected it might happen given her role in Person of Interest thats just restsrted (and is very good). Makes my decision on whether to go or not. Was going to leave it until last minute and maybe drive up on the day but Amy was the main draw for me do looks like I'll be giving this one a miss.

That's such a shame for us fans, I was really looking forward to meeting her. But I am glad that she has got work, and it is the nature of conventions so not totally unexpected. I hope you can get her at another event soon (and one that I can go to!).

I've still got three people at the event that I am particularly looking forward to seeming (like I was with Amy) so I am hoping that they all still make it to the event.

I obviously tempted fate this morning when I ordered a couple of items for her to sign!!

Noooooo! So gutted about this as she's cancelled about 4/5 appearances on me now since I started doing cons! Feel like I've never going to meet her =(

But, yes, obviously I'm happy she's working and is going to be on our tv more!

But Let's not joke about Alyson making an appearance with her hubby as Amy's replacement......it's what all my convention dreams are made of!!

Xxx

P.S. I am aware that Alyson never does cons but I can still dream! Along with meeting Seth Green!

• Like 1