Newcastle Film and Comic Con

Really hope this is a good show and doesn't just turn into another Glasgow.

don't worry if the event is not good enough for you we have plenty of museums and if you seen geordie shores or bouncers you can tour the sites as they are just round the corner...including the pink triangle

don't worry if the event is not good enough for you we have plenty of museums and if you seen geordie shores or bouncers you can tour the sites as they are just round the corner...including the pink triangle

I live in Newcastle :)

I love all comic cons, loved London and am now totally excited to hear about Newcastle getting it ! My home town !!! Fantabulous !

Would love to see ...

Amanda Tapping

Teryl Rothery ( contact via @langleylegends)

Patrick Stewart

Matt Smith

David Tennant

Any one else from Stargate....Star Trek, and Dr Who !!

Cant wait !!!!!

• Like 1

These would really bring in their huge following of fans for certian! That would be great for NFCC !!

Amanda Tapping ( SG1. Sanctuary, Supernatural )

Teryl Rothery. (SG1, Cedar Grove)

Chris Judge. (SG1 )

Matt Smith. ( Dr Who )

David Tennant. (Dr Who)

Kate Mulgrew ( Star Trek, Warehouse 13)

Patrick Stewart ( Star Trek, the X Men)

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's early days but will the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones be there? Come to think of it, any Game of Thrones actors and actresses will be brilliant!

Agreed, that would be cool to have picture taken on the Iron Throne :)

Looking forward to this, my last even was LFCC in 2010 - but with this being in my home town I can't let it slip by.

Danny John Jules will be awesome to meet but hope they get some other people to meet before then. Some comic writers/artists would be welcome too as we have some great home grown talent:

Andy Diggle

Jock

SImon Furman

Geoff Senior

Kieron Gillen

please!

• 2 weeks later...

i was at Glasgow earlier to see Lance Henriksen. all i can say in response to your somewhat stupid comment is that if this is anything like that one, it will be a triumph. that show was packed out both days, and the queue was all the way through the mall and almost out the door whn i left before midday.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hotel booked. We will be coming down and having a mosey around. Any information on places to eat at night time much appreciated. Thanks. Agree with the above comment, Glasgow is good and is expanding since earlier shows. So in my opinion going in the right direction.

Hotel booked. We will be coming down and having a mosey around. Any information on places to eat at night time much appreciated. Thanks. Agree with the above comment, Glasgow is good and is expanding since earlier shows. So in my opinion going in the right direction.

Are you coming to the con via car, as it's near Metro Centre, which has a ton of restaurants like Frankie 'n' Bennys, McD's, Pizza Hut, Subway, a chinese food buffet, Eds Diner among other stuff. This is what my mom and myself are thinking of doing if we can get up to Newcastle for the NFCC.

Are you coming to the con via car, as it's near Metro Centre, which has a ton of restaurants like Frankie 'n' Bennys, McD's, Pizza Hut, Subway, a chinese food buffet, Eds Diner among other stuff. This is what my mom and myself are thinking of doing if we can get up to Newcastle for the NFCC.

It's actually at Newcastle Arena, which is about 10 mins walk from Newcastle Central train station, near the Redheugh Bridge, so some distance from the Metro Centre itself. There is a world of food places in the area - if you are staying in Newcastle central check out the Quayside as many of the Italians and bars are surprisingly cheap, and most of them are really decent, particularly those lining Dean Street on the way down to the Quayside (Babucho being my favourite, but Prima next door, and Sabatini's on the actual Quayside next to the Tyne Bridge also being good). There's a fabulous little restaurant that does good set meals across from Babuchos in a cellar which does good slightly posher nosh, called Oak (I'm not sure what type of food you are looking for, but this place is lush for a treat) - http://www.oaknewcastle.co.uk/. In Pink Lane, near Newcastle Central Station, there's a great pub called the Forth http://www.theforthnewcastle.co.uk/ - though beware some of the other pubs there! There's also a cute American diner nearby.

There is a yellow bus service that travels from one end of Newcastle to the other, and includes the Quayside - you can buy one ticket which you can use to get around all day (and night!). Again, in central town there is Grey Street- most of the pubs down there have food, as does the Gate near Westgate Road (and about 15 - 20 mins walk from the Arena - this is more typical Frankie and Bennys, etc). Annoyingly the only place they don't run is the Arena itself, which is in an odd place and an absolute car bottle neck.

You should be able to pick up a free city map from either central station, Central Library or from Tourist info - this is near Monument (which is basically the central point of Newcastle) in Windows Arcade. And like every other town in the UK, there are Prets, Starbucks, Costas etc everywhere.

You can tell I live / work in Newcastle! One place to avoid (particularly on a weekend night) - the Big Market. It really is as bad as they say!

Hope this helps.

It's actually at Newcastle Arena, which is about 10 mins walk from Newcastle Central train station, near the Redheugh Bridge, so some distance from the Metro Centre itself. There is a world of food places in the area - if you are staying in Newcastle central check out the Quayside as many of the Italians and bars are surprisingly cheap, and most of them are really decent, particularly those lining Dean Street on the way down to the Quayside (Babucho being my favourite, but Prima next door, and Sabatini's on the actual Quayside next to the Tyne Bridge also being good). There's a fabulous little restaurant that does good set meals across from Babuchos in a cellar which does good slightly posher nosh, called Oak (I'm not sure what type of food you are looking for, but this place is lush for a treat) - http://www.oaknewcas...tle.co.uk/. In Pink Lane, near Newcastle Central Station, there's a great pub called the Forth http://www.theforthnewcastle.co.uk/ - though beware some of the other pubs there! There's also a cute American diner nearby.

There is a yellow bus service that travels from one end of Newcastle to the other, and includes the Quayside - you can buy one ticket which you can use to get around all day (and night!). Again, in central town there is Grey Street- most of the pubs down there have food, as does the Gate near Westgate Road (and about 15 - 20 mins walk from the Arena - this is more typical Frankie and Bennys, etc). Annoyingly the only place they don't run is the Arena itself, which is in an odd place and an absolute car bottle neck.

You should be able to pick up a free city map from either central station, Central Library or from Tourist info - this is near Monument (which is basically the central point of Newcastle) in Windows Arcade. And like every other town in the UK, there are Prets, Starbucks, Costas etc everywhere.

You can tell I live / work in Newcastle! One place to avoid (particularly on a weekend night) - the Big Market. It really is as bad as they say!

Hope this helps.

Yea, I live in Ferryhill (about a half hour drive away) and I know how bad it can be at Metro Radio Arena as I've been there twice for WWE events and it was manic/chaos trying to get food and drinks, hence why my mom and I are driving up to Metro Centre instead for a bite to eat and chill out for half an hour until we go back and enjoy ourselves again at the convention.

Guest announcements can be made right up to the event. With over a month left before the event I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of guests yet to be announced.

Hope so! Especially guests from the walking dead and things not covered by the current guest list

Actually one place I forgot to mention was Old Eldon Square in the centre of town, where you have Wagama s, nandos, pizza express, etc. Its where the goth and alt crowd generally hang out on the green. You definitely won't starve.

And I may know Newcastle but this is my first con, so any advice on how to approach the many delights appreciated. I'm a book geek and so looking forward to seeing Robert Rankin and the Talbots, but also love Doctor Who. Though its always been Buffy I've adored.

Teleute - have a good time. There's plenty of stuff there to do like stalls, they're really well priced stuff on there. If you see cosplayers, don't be shy and go up and see if they are alright to have a photo taken with em.

Hi Thanks for all the replies guys! We are coming down by train and think the first thing I need to do is get a street map LOL! Thank you so much for all your replies and know at the vey least there are lots of things to do at night. Thanks very much.