Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Destination Star Trek Germany

I haven't actually booked the tickets yet either, need to decide wether we are going Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday.

(Speaking of which, will there be any signing taking place on Friday?)

I think loads of others also haven't booked their tickets in lieu of a more complete guestlist, so presales must be really sluggish. I can't imagine otherwise.

DSTL was promoted with all four captains half a year in advance, DSTL is at the time of this writing a month and a half away, and William Shatner is their ONLY heavy hitter guest. One just isn't enough.

They better have some huge announcements, and within days.

Agree with you, norse_sage (though there were five captains :angel:, not four - that was their big catch..). They announced everything and everybody far more in advance.

Wonder if they beat the 13.000 pre booked fans this year... (or was 13.000 the whole lot, pre booked and ticket-bought-at-the-venue?)

My guess, is the people who weren't at DSTL have booked already, but for those who know what is is and what we can expect will wait until later.

I booked flights, hotel and entry tickets back when the TNG cast were announced, but I'm starting to regret being so eager! I got a "Happy Christmas" email from DSTG in December that said "tickets selling fast!" but I can't imagine that they really are selling fast, given the small guest list and lack of new announcements. It's beginning to concern me a little, like a lot of others here, and I agree that we need some new guests fairly quickly!

What kind of information / updates would you want to see if there are no new guests?

we know there is a bridge photo

we know there is also a borg photo

we know there is a Saturday and Friday party

we know there is a museum.

we know there is that TNG thing with Shatner

Ehm... am I missing something? Oh, free talk info.. can't be shared without knowing who's gonna give it. Is the same for paid talks.

Ofcourse... no offence :smile:

I don't know about signings but I had photo with William Shatner at about 15:00 on friday so I guess they are working full hours. I think I bought everything for DSTL at least 3 months before it started, so far for DSTF I haven't bought anything and if things stay this way I'll attend only Saturday and not the whole weekend. Pitty, since DSTL was great for all 3 days!

The more you know in advance, the more you can arrange, so that makes sense.. I booked the entrance tickets also quite early (end April) and photo when it it came on the site.

I may not say it, but the post the DSTG FB page made a second ago, almost made me laugh...

The countdown has started...

I may not say it, but the post the DSTG FB page made a second ago, almost made me laugh...

The countdown has started...

There is a countdown? With or without a timer?

If with when does this countdown end?

It was a "letter" message on the Facebook page. But last time there was - don't know how long - also a true countdown timer on the site.

I used the customer service and asked what`s going on. We have to be patient, as they say, there are problems with shedules, there will be new annoucements very soon. So, we`ll see.

Has Jonathan Frakes cancelled? On a non-assocaited website it is listing Jonathan Frakes as being cancelled for this event. Info about his canc was uploaded on 04/01/14.

(though there were five captains :angel:, not four - that was their big catch..).

Perhaps its like Chain Of Command - There were 4 Captains! and Scott Bacula. Or there were 6 - Captain Jack Harkness :whistling:

Nothing yet on the DSTF site, but maybe it comes online with the other announcements this week.. My, so little guests so far and also a cancellation.. That's not good.

- No reliable news regarding events, guests etc. since several months

- The whole event is supposed to take place @ Frankfurt Trade Fair hall 3.1. I´ve been to the Frankfurt Fair on several occacions. 3.1 means that they dont actually have a hall but only one storey within it. How big can this thing be???

- Appearent cancellation of Johnathan Frakes appearance without any news on the mainpage; WTF???

To quote another big SciFi franchise: " I have a bad feeling abouth this..."

Edited by Queen_Sindel
offensive part removed

The same people successfully ran the large-scale DSTL con in 2012, so they are clearly trying to run a successful follow-up. I'm concerned, too, though. This event doesn't seem to have been organised half as well as DSTL, for the reasons you list. I'm sitting here with tickets etc. booked, so I'm as annoyed as everyone else by the lack of news. I cannot see the event going ahead as is, with only 13 guests (or worse, 12 without Frakes). It would be a tiny event and a pathetic follow-up to London! Either 1) a lot more guests are announced very shortly or 2) the event is cancelled. I have my fingers crossed for option 1 !!!

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I can't see it being cancelled. It seems to happen a lot with big official events in the UK and the rest of the Europe, they don't bother to inform till the last minute.

Perhaps the gamble of a short lead time will backfire. It did with lords Of Time.

Perhaps UK fans are hoping it will fail, and that will force it back to the UK. Risky.

With the UK though SM's biggest competitors for Star Trek guests was themselves.

Its different in Germany.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
Quote removed

Perhaps UK fans are hoping it will fail, and that will force it back to the UK. Risky.

UK fans have no influence on this what so ever. They can be irritated that it's not in their country this year, but who knows where is will be in 2015 or 2016? Is "Destination Star Trek" not Destination Star Trek UK.

I don't like the lack of information and the small guests list either, but I'll wait until further information is given.

Guys, can we please keep it civil in here? I understand posts when someone is worried or concerned about the guest list. But if accusations start as in the edited post I'm sorry, we really have to step in.

I'm afraid we can't answer a lot (okay, most) of these questions on the forum simply because the mods do not have the information you are asking about. All I can advise is that you use the contact form on the website if you have concerns like for example about the size of the venue.

• Like 1

Guys, can we please keep it civil in here? I understand posts when someone is worried or concerned about the guest list. But if accusations start as in the edited post I'm sorry, we really have to step in.

I originally quoted the cancellation fear (still there) as it was on the previous page so it didn't look lile I'd started it.

The DSTG facebook page has been updated this evening to say that more guests will be announced tomorrow (Thursday)!!!