Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Destination Star Trek Germany

Edit: please do not mention/discuss other events not affiliated with the organisers on this forum. Thanks.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Got my ticket for sat and sun already booked :D.

These quests are exactly what I wanted. Missed Connor Trinneer last time and Alice Krige as well.

It'll be hard to get all photoshoots done at this rate ;)

Brent Spiner, Jeffrey Combs and Connor Trinneer are enough for me! Alice Krige as a bonus. I`m very happy, really :clap: .

first of all, I hope everyone who's going have a great time.

I would love to meet Karl Urban & Ira Steven Behr.

But february is a bad month for me getting time off and money wise so i'm going to miss this one,

but already have made plans to go to LFCC 2014 in July (much better time to have a con) instead. so i might see some of you there,.

hope you all have a good time.

It says on the website that anyone who buys a Friday night party ticket will also get a ticket for the opening ceremony. According to the timetable, Friday hours will be 2 pm to 8 pm. What time will the opening ceremony be? It say that "The opening ceremony will begin from 7pm on Friday 21st February on the main stage*. You will be introduced to all of the DSTG guests before the main event happens." Is this the final time? And what do they mean by "before the main event happens?" I don't want to buy a ticket for it unless I know the time, to be sure that I can be there at that time. Any advice?

Edited by Amazon

Also, there is an option to have a photo take with Suzie Plankson, costumed. However, which costumed will she wear? She has been 4 different aliens - a Vulcan, a half Klingon, a female Q and and Andorian!

It says on the website that anyone who buys a Friday night party ticket will also get a ticket for the opening ceremony. According to the timetable, Friday hours will be 2 pm to 8 pm. What time will the opening ceremony be? It say that "The opening ceremony will begin from 7pm on Friday 21st February on the main stage*. You will be introduced to all of the DSTG guests before the main event happens." Is this the final time? And what do they mean by "before the main event happens?" I don't want to buy a ticket for it unless I know the time, to be sure that I can be there at that time. Any advice?

The opening ceremony is due to start at 7pm, although the hall may be loaded earlier than that (my awful memory thinks that DSTL was about an hour before).

The event is open from 2pm. Autographs etc will be taking place as on Saturday and Sunday. Plus you can see the exhibition, stalls, take part on the bridge shoot etc.

Thanks 1of2. So no autographs on Friday, ok. I was thinking of doing all the guest photo taking on Friday, in order to have the photos for autographing on Saturday. Is that do-able? I thought that on Friday it might go faster as there will probably be less people. Is my thinking logical and according to your experience? (I've never been to such a event before.)

Also, there are also no bridge shoots/borg shoots on Friday, then? Please confirm.

Thanks for the tip about the opening ceremony.....

There WILL be autographs on the Friday, as 1of2 stated. All the main activities available over the weekend will also be happening on Friday.

Hi. I'm Adrian from Romania and this is my first convention.

I wish to know if it is permitted access with professional foto camera?

Thx.

\m/

Thx.

\m/

Attendees are allowed to use DSLR cameras, in the general display, stall, etc areas. You can take photos of the guests at the autograph signings unless otherwise stated (either via signs or crew)/ Again photography is normally allowed during talks (unless stated otherwise). You can not use a camara during the photo shoot sessions - the only one allowed is that of the event photographer.

Thx.

\m/

Attendees are allowed to use DSLR cameras, in the general display, stall, etc areas. You can take photos of the guests at the autograph signings unless otherwise stated (either via signs or crew)/ Again photography is normally allowed during talks (unless stated otherwise). You can not use a camara during the photo shoot sessions - the only one allowed is that of the event photographer.

Thank you!

Actually, I'm not very lucky with the final guest announcement comparing it to last DSTL.... only Karl is really interesting for me, Armin is a nice one, Frakes would have been my favourite but he has been canceled :no: the rest is not to bad but not a reason for me to go to DSTG......I've seen Bill 4 time now, thats enough...I was hoping that at DSTG will be at least 4 guest from the new movies and some more TOS guests ( brigde crew). I really glad that I live only twenty minutes away from the event, if I had booked a flight hotel etc... I would :spew:

Is it so hard to bring only ten guest but really curent or important ones like Chris Pine, Benedict Cumberbatch, John Cho, Alice Eve, Simon Pegg, Zoe Saldana, or some more Captians like Scott Bakula or Patrick Stuart... or from behind the scenes like directors or producers or SPFX persons... I said it before and I will say it again : better more quality than more quantiy!

The guest list depends on who is available, affordable, and willing to attend, though. Patrick Stewart is busy with a play in New York, for instance. Chris Pine is a major Hollywood star with a new movie just out. I doubt that conventions are high on his list of priorities. Some of your others are more realistic, but all are working actors and may simply be busy in Feb. BTW, you have met Shatner 4 times?! I envy you!

Hi!

I was wondering something - is there a limit to the amount of photo shoots you can have in one day? Or is it that there’s no limitation but there’s a number that is sort of “realistic”? :)

I’ve booked 2 on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday so far. And I’d like to book 4 more. (ideally 3-4-4 or 3-5-3)

I know that on Friday it’s 14-19, Saturday 9-19 and Sunday it’s 9-18 so it makes more sense to book more photo shoots in the weekend, right? :)

I just really want to make sure that if I book extra ones they’re realistic ones so that I won’t lose the opportunity/money etc.

If for some reason (overlapping, lots of people queuing, guest leaving early etc (meaning something other than me just missing it)) I don’t get to my booked photo shoot, is it possible to have it the next day (excluding Sunday of course)? :)

Thank you in advance, really important to know !

PS I’ve contacted http://destinationstartrek.com/online-ticket-enquiries twice during the past few weeks considering the matter I stated in the previous page and still no answer :( Should I contact tickets@destinationstartrek.com instead or just assume everything’s alright?

Have 4 or 5 a day is no issue at all. It's usually less than 5 minutes from entering the photo studio to leaving it. There can be queues outside the photo shoot area, but we'll do our best to minimise these. The best thing to do is talk to the crew member dealing with the queue, they'll be the best placed person to tell you when to arrive for a specific photo shoot.

There might be overlaps but as far as I know the guest photo shoots are going to be next to each other so if you do have a clash you don't have far to go for the other one. As with all SM shows if you have a clash please just let the photo shoot crew know and they'll do their best to get you through the first one quickly so you can get to the second one as soon as possible.

Officially tickets are day specific and so should be used on the day they are bought for, but if you should miss one for some unforseen reason, come and see us at the photo shoot area and we should be able to sort it out for you.

Hello everybody

I would like to visit the star trek convention in frankfurt and have some questions. Hope you can help ;)

Which of the"highlights" are recommendable? foto shoots? talks? night party ticket?

Is a standart ticket recommendable or do i really have to pay for every additional stuff? Whats included?

Can i also bye some of the additional tickets at the convention or do i have to preorder this tickets?

I think the homepage is not really helpful ...

thank you in advance

Hello everybody

I would like to visit the star trek convention in frankfurt and have some questions. Hope you can help ;)

Which of the"highlights" are recommendable? foto shoots? talks? night party ticket?

Is a standart ticket recommendable or do i really have to pay for every additional stuff? Whats included?

Can i also bye some of the additional tickets at the convention or do i have to preorder this tickets?

I think the homepage is not really helpful ...

thank you in advance

Ich antworte Dir mal in Deutsch, das ist einfacher.

Standard-Ticket heißt Du kommst in die Halle und kannst Dir die Ausstellungen etc. anschauen. Dazu kannst Du dann Tickets für kostenfreie Sachen holen, einige Talks kosten beispielsweise nichts. Fotosessions und Autogramme, Party-Tickets oder die kostenpflichtigen Talks sind beim Standard-Ticket nicht im Preis inbegriffen.

Mit den Highlights, das ist schwierig. Du warst noch nie bei einer solchen Veranstaltung? Gibt es einen speziellen Gast, wegen dem Du hingehst? Ich würde vielleicht mal mit dem Fotoshoot Deines "Lieblings" (wenn es denn einen gibt) anfangen und mir Tickets für einige kostenfreien Talks holen.

Tickets gibt's auch vor Ort zu kaufen.

• Like 1

Dazu kannst Du dann Tickets für kostenfreie Sachen holen, einige Talks kosten beispielsweise nichts.

--------

Brauch ich für die kostenlosen Talks auch Tickets? Ich hätte jetzt gedacht, früh da sein und gut.

Wo bekomm ich denn diese Tickets? Vor Ort oder schon vorab im Ticketservice?

Dazu kannst Du dann Tickets für kostenfreie Sachen holen, einige Talks kosten beispielsweise nichts.

--------

Brauch ich für die kostenlosen Talks auch Tickets? Ich hätte jetzt gedacht, früh da sein und gut.

Wo bekomm ich denn diese Tickets? Vor Ort oder schon vorab im Ticketservice?

Ja,

da brauchst Du auch Tickets. Die gibt's dann vor Ort.

are the timetables final or they will be modified during the upcoming days?

I noticed that for example that a Friday's photoshoot of Tim Russ (that i initially purchased) it not listed anymore on Friday and its not even available to book for Friday. I havent received any email regarding this change so im wondering what will happen to my ticket? will it get rescheduled for another day? Anyone else has the same issue?

Timetables are normally not 'set in stone' and changes can happen.

I will enquire about the Tim Russ issue.

Hi,

First, sorry for my bad english ;)

On my booking confirmation mail, i see the photoshoot day only for Dominic Keating and Connor Trinneer, for other stars Karl Urban, LeVar Burton and Tim Russ, there is no day.

What i have to do?

Kevin

Same here. I do not see the day for my photo shoots with Shatner and Sirtis... and I cannot remember what I bought. Any help? It is hard to plan the weekend without knowing this... :)

• Like 1