Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

OverGeek

Set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the show follows on from the events of The Avengers and focuses on the operations of Shield, the top secret unit lead by Nick Fury.

The show centres on a group of agents lead by Phil Coulson who we last saw being fatality killed (or so it seemed) by Loki. The pilot has the group recruiting new members to there team as they face a new though familiar threat.

A great start to the series with loads of references and setting up of several threads that are sure to be expanded upon as the show continues.

• Like 1

I actually really loved the final scene, it's designed as show appealing to geek culture in general as that was most definitely a reference to Back to the Future.

Though it is within Marvel continuity to showcase levels of tech outside present ability, much like the Helicarrier. The show isn't meant to be serious, it's purposely absurd.

It was good, definitely worth watching again. Good to see J August Richards (Gunn) from Angel as well, not seen him in anything for a while and also Ron Glass was in there as well, so plenty of people from Whedon shows in the past popping up.

Not sure on the two techies as well, reminded me a bit of the techie guy in Dollhouse, can get a bit annoying after a while.

• 1 month later...

The show definitely is keeping itself very disposable by not showing anything that would make an impact on the MCU like the introduction of a known character or what Shield are doing the time of a movie rather than a very brief moment in a episode. The show has potential to be great, maybe it needs someone to die on the show before it realises it's own worth!

• 3 months later...

thoroughly looking forward to this coming back.

i think the ripping its been taking regarding it not living up to the hype is a bit premature really.

its one of the more action orientatd shows on right now n the coulson story is rivetting.

plus Sifs gonna be in the mid season premiere?

sold.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, this cracked me up.

Almost as bad as an episode I saw of late 90's spy show, La Femme Nikita, which had two of the principal cast travel to what was essentially a construction site set with the scrolling text on the screen reading "Glasgow, Scotland".

I know a location shoot would be pricey but come on - show a motorway or a mountain or something to give the vague hint that it actually is Scotland.

Is that how the world sees our fair city? haha :)