Sign in to follow this  
Spacecadet is here

Getting to the venue

As this is my first time to a Autographica event. How easy is it to the venue? I will be travelling up by train. Is the Venue walking distance from Birmingham Railway station or is there a bus we use? Sorry for the late question was going to google it but thought I will ask on here first? Regards :smile:

You need to get a train to Birmingham International. The hotel is then a short walk through the NEC. Alternatively, you can get one of the free buses that run from the station.

One thing to think of on the walking front, bear in mind the weather we've been having lately might make the walk a bit nasty to say the least!

It's the Hilton at the NEC. Which is a short monorail ride from the airport.

As to the walkable/not thing: if you've only ever gone by free bus, it may seem like a long way, but that's because the bus takes a route about 4 times longer than the route you can walk.

All the travelling information is here http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-birmingham-metropole-hotel-BHXMETW/maps-directions/index.html Even I've walked it before on crutches, I wouldn't recommend it if you're in pain/unfit as there's not a lot of options for sitting down en route. However for physically able people it's absolutely doable through the NEC. But the courtesy bus is the lifesaver, but bear in mind it only arrives/departs twice an hour.

Sign in to follow this