Information on photos please

jbondcollector

Hi,

This is my first Autographica and I would like to get a photo with each of the guests (Bond persons).

I notice that you do photoshoots. Is this the only way to have a photo with the guests?

If so can we pay on the day or must we book in advance?

Other signings I have been to, you can use your own camera.

Can you please clarify.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Just in advance of any official confirmation, you can often get 'over the table' photos with guests at the signing tables, assuming you are paying for an autograph, although some may not be keen to do so. Usually though anyone not doing table pictures will have a sign up saying that is the case.

This is just my personal opinion but I prefer to get the professional photos, they are usually of a better quality and you get the chance to pose the photo decently. The downside with table photos is if the guest isn't inclined to stand up, as some of the guests who aren't as young as they used to be can be, you can end up with a slightly awkward thing with you straining to lean over the table and the guest sitting there. There is always the chance of getting someone in the background spoiling the picture as well. I have an over the table photo of me and Henry Cooper at home which is a great shot but standing between us in the background is a slightly confused, insane looking old woman with a very sour look on her face, kind of took the gloss off the thing if you take my meaning!

Downside is of course the professional sessions do come at a price so dependent on how many you want the price can tot up a bit.

Count is correct. Where possible you will be able to have a photo taken with your own camera when collecting an autograph. In some cases this is not possible in which case there will be signs up staying this no photos/no posed photos.

The event photo shoots (not taken with your own camera) can be purchased on the day if they have not sold out.

The professional photoshoots taken are now also instant prints on high quality printers so you can walk out of the shoot immediately with your photograph. Remember to bring something with you to carry them in afterwards so you don't get them bent on the journey home. As others have pointed out there maybe a number of reasons that guests are unable to carry out a daily amount of over the table shoots (migranes etc - but maybe able to have the lighting set to something more manageable in a staged, restricted timing, photoshoot)