Cosplay

Zonic

I'll only be doing one day this time I think (not sure if it'll be Saturday or Sunday yet), but seeing as Sean Maher is there I'll definitely be bringing my River Tam out again.

Inara Serra (from Firely/Serenity)

Ooh yay, your Inara is great! What day are you gong as Inara? We'll have to try & meet up again if we're there on the same day.

Ahah awesome and thankies :). I'm 99% sure I'll be doing Inara on the Sunday, and this time the costume will be a hella lot better and complete XD. would be ace to catch up with you!

Scratch the previous one, I'm deffo doing EVA, but I'm gonna be doing either Elizabeth from Bioshock or Jill Valentine from RE3

Dunno why I bother as well to say "Oh gonna do such and such cosplay" then change my mind XD

Anyway, here is the FINAL ideal cosplays -

Megaforce Blue - Power Rangers Megaforce/Gosei Blue - Tensou Sentai Goseiger (lil kids will relate to Megaforce Blue rather than Gosei Blue even though it's the same suit)

Belle - Beauty & The Beast (if I can, if not, it'll be this) -

Lunar Wolf - Power Rangers Wild Force

Harley Quinn - Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Scratch the previous one, I'm deffo doing EVA, but I'm gonna be doing either Elizabeth from Bioshock or Jill Valentine from RE3

Dunno why I bother as well to say "Oh gonna do such and such cosplay" then change my mind XD

Yep....I've been flip flopping for weeks now. I've narrowed it down to a bustle dress (unless its super hot and which case I can drape a roman outfit from fires of pompeii in a heartbeat...well two hearts beats). Depending on how I decide to trip its either femme sherlock [victorian] or femme 10th doctor [victorian].

yea, anyway I've just looked at both Megaforce Blue and Red Ranger cosplays and Red is a tiny bit cheaper than Megaforce Blue (since Megaforce Blue helmet is from Ebay xD), so gonna go with Red instead of Blue.

Well, thanks to CosplayHouse jacking up their cosplay prices for Power Rangers, I am no longer able to go as Gosei Red/Megaforce Red Ranger and Lunar Wolf ranger. Now I'm going to have to go with something else. I will still be doing Harley Quinn - Injustice: Gods Among Us though.

Edit: CosplayHouse had a little fiasco with their currency converter program and everything changed the prices around really bad. Now it's changed back to normal, I'm still going to be going as Megaforce Red Ranger and MMPR White RAnger alongside Harley Quinn cosplay (White Ranger is instead of Lunar Wolf Ranger)

Edited by Namine

I am after some advice. I am planning on doing a captain America cosplay for lfcc 2014.

I was planning on buying a wood shield that I saw online and paint it to make the shield. But I happened to spot on the rules that wood items are not allowed. So my cosplay would be a bit pointless without the shield. What else could I use to make the shield that would work and stand up to being at a convention all day?

I am a bit limited on space as I live in a flat so I don't have loades of room to make stuff.

I am after some advice. I am planning on doing a captain America cosplay for lfcc 2014.

I was planning on buying a wood shield that I saw online and paint it to make the shield. But I happened to spot on the rules that wood items are not allowed. So my cosplay would be a bit pointless without the shield. What else could I use to make the shield that would work and stand up to being at a convention all day?

I am a bit limited on space as I live in a flat so I don't have loades of room to make stuff.

Maybe if you could make a wire and fabric frame...then cover it using Brown paper parcel tape (the water activated stuff). Then you can paint and varnish it. I've used the stuff to make myself a tailors dummy and its quite solid.

• Like 1

Make a basic shape out of tin foil and cover with papier mache we use pva glue with a little water added and an old phone book, dries really hard and it fairly light. we used this method to make props for the drama groups panto and stood up to under 12s handling all day.

• Like 2

I have been doing a bit of research on Google and I think I might be making the shield out of polycarbonate, lightweight and very very strong. I just need to see if I can get an of cut from some where to see how hard it is to paint.

well with what I said about MMPR Red ranger, no longer going as that, gonna be going as KuwagaRaiger (aka Navy Thunder Ranger) from Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (aka Power Rangers Ninja Storm), Ariel Mermaid and Harley Quinn Injustice Gods Among Us attire.

So its definately either victorian sherlock or victorian clara for me. As I've started on sewing the costume.

Using historically accurate techniques...although not nessasarily the historically correct fabric.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

hmmmmm.....I was serching pinterest for inspiration and now I like the thought of a 1930's 'vintage' interpretation of snow white...if I use the victorian sherlock for sherlocked (depending on what date etc. it is) then it won't feel like a wasted effort.

But then so many people tell me I look like penny crayon...I could cosplay her.

Edited by LadyDeTemps