Where is everyone staying? What's everyone upto on Saturday night?

Yeah it was cost for me really, cheaper to stay alittle further out and tube it there inb the morning, its only half hour or so, so not too bad really.

Didn't realise people stayed in hotels so far away. Probably why I only see a few geeky tyes in the bar/breakfast when I'm staying at hotels at these events.

Yeah have noticed hotels have gone up quite a bit recently even booking way ahead. IBIS was £150+ for LF&CC in summer so didn't stay over for that one. IBIS wasn't too bad for this one as it's not right next to the venue but but Hilton Olympia is quite pricey - stayed there before and wasn't particularly impressd with it (apart from gorgeous receptionist ;-) As I say im probably just lazy but also like to pick up a bit of the convention 'vibe' by being close.

Yeah it was cost for me really, cheaper to stay alittle further out and tube it there inb the morning, its only half hour or so, so not too bad really.

Didn't realise people stayed in hotels so far away. Probably why I only see a few geeky tyes in the bar/breakfast when I'm staying at hotels at these events.

I stayed at the Travel lodge in Fulham for LFCC and it was a 15 min walk to/from... £100 for the whole weekend so was chuffed with that. You only need a place to lay your head so when I looked and found some of the B&Bs near Olympia quite dodgy and the reviews just put me off. So sticking with Travel lodge - finding the Park Royal one for £105 for the weekend so a great price and I enjoy the tube journeys.

Way I look at it, you only spend a few hrs in the room so you can either stay next door and spend £250+ or travel a bit and have £150 to spend at the show...

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 2

Exactly what i thought. we arrive in london the friday night so will just chill out and grab food the 1st night, but the sat and sunday we will be at the show both days so will hardly be in the room, just the evenings when we get back in the evening so paying so much to stay next door wasnt worth it.

I stayed at the Travel lodge in Fulham for LFCC and it was a 15 min walk to/from... £100 for the whole weekend so was chuffed with that. You only need a place to lay your head so when I looked and found some of the B&Bs near Olympia quite dodgy and the reviews just put me off. So sticking with Travel lodge - finding the Park Royal one for £105 for the weekend so a great price and I enjoy the tube journeys.

Way I look at it, you only spend a few hrs in the room so you can either stay next door and spend £250+ or travel a bit and have £150 to spend at the show...