General Chat

bunnycure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a lot more space to work now - we had two large hive panels and two small ones, those are being upgraded and hopefully we'll be able to add some lights and effects to them and improve the "chestburster" effect.

Sounds great,will need to get a photo this time didnt manage to get one last year as it got really busy

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle was amazing, well worth it! I'm excited for next year already. I'd recommend making the trip.

Edit: Meant to quote vodkawrestling with this but apparently I still haven't got to grips with the quote button!

Edited by jadelouised

Newcastle was amazing, well worth it! I'm excited for next year already. I'd recommend making the trip.

Edit: Meant to quote vodkawrestling with this but apparently I still haven't got to grips with the quote button!

No worries wee bud :) One of my best mates lives in Croydon and after Glasgow being crazily busy last year, I was thiking about going to a different one this year. I don't mind heading along but London area means I can hook up with him. NE would make it a day trip or overnight stop, plus you lot are pretty friendly anyway :D

Im sure if I do a wee Twitter search I can find some info as well and people on the day to take pity :dance:

Edited by vodkawrestling
  • Like 1

Iam really looking forward to free comic book day on saturday and was wondering what comic's everyones is looking forward to the most :smile: Apart from the free comic's iam also looking to pick up the latest issue's of The Walking Dead,The X File's season ten and Ghosted :smile:

I always feel bad picking up freebies. Horrible explaining to my son last year why there were no comics left as queues of grown men had snaffled them all early doors. Im sure I heard they are going heavy on GotG this year to build interest for later in the year. The recent Brian Michael Bendis run has been really good.

Just one of these things bud. We made a day of it as Hamleys were doing a superhero day but when we went by FP at 1030ish they were out already lol. Geek Retreat was the same. Its great putting days on like this though, roping kids in and getting that emotional tie.

The wee guy wasnt exactly stuck for comics, my house is packed with them anyway haha. Have a good day bud :)

iam glad to hear you and your son had great time at the hamleys superhero day :smile: i had read about it and was going to take my nephew last year but couldnt make it i think darth vader was going to be there,i know what you mean we went to the comic shop in stirling last year and my nephew really enjoyed it and cant wait to go this year :smile: thanks mate hope you have a great day too

It was such a friendly atmosphere. I noticed a lot of people came along alone and left with friends! I'm going along with quite a few people next year anyway. We're pretty weird but we're friendly!

Cool, thinking thats the way to go. Might just get my buddy along for company.

Doh, meant to ask, is there a Twitter account for the event at all? Cant beat a Tweet :clap:

Also.

Free comic book day?! The North East needs that........

It's worldwide, not just Scottish. It gets bigger and bigger each year. I just went into Stirling instead of Glasgow this year, much easier :dance:

Cool i was in Stirling for Free comic book day too i was there at about 10:30 :smile:

Edited by carnosoul

Also.

Free comic book day?! The North East needs that........

It's worldwide, not just Scottish. It gets bigger and bigger each year. I just went into Stirling instead of Glasgow this year, much easier :dance:

Cool i was in Stirling for Free comic book day too i was there at about 10:30 :smile:

Nice and early lol. Seen your wee side thing, Im in Dunipace as well most days so Stirling is handy for it. Shame Falkirk has nothing, but not sure of a huge demand.