General Chat

bunnycure

The season one finale of Under The Dome airs tonight on channel 5,its been a great series Dean Norris is good as Big Jim Rennie in it :smile:

Watched this a while back. Even though some of the acting can be a bit ropey at times I really enjoyed the series. Let me know what you think. Big Jim by far the best character in it.

Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 1

The season one finale of Under The Dome airs tonight on channel 5,its been a great series Dean Norris is good as Big Jim Rennie in it :smile:

Watched this a while back. Even though some of the acting can be a bit ropey at times I really enjoyed the series. Let me know what you think. Big Jim by far the best character in it.

I will let you know what i think of the finale :smile: i recorded it and will be watching it tonight,iam really looking forward to seeing how it ends and sets up the storyline for season two :smile:

Glad you enjoyed it. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. Like the walking dead, its straying from the book enough to be fresh. It'll be pretty interested to see just how much they change.

I wasnt quite expecting the way it ended too,It will be intresting to see how the story goes as they are going to go beyond the books story,I read that they are going to introduce new characters including one related to Big Jim and Junior and concentrate on the people behind the dome and the reasons behind it :smile: I loved the last episode of The Walking Dead too it is great what they have done with The Govenor totally unexpected

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. Like the walking dead, its straying from the book enough to be fresh. It'll be pretty interested to see just how much they change.

I wasnt quite expecting the way it ended too,It will be intresting to see how the story goes as they are going to go beyond the books story,I read that they are going to introduce new characters including one related to Big Jim and Junior and concentrate on the people behind the dome and the reasons behind it :smile: I loved the last episode of The Walking Dead too it is great what they have done with The Govenor totally unexpected

Dare I say it...but I actually prefer watching the Gov's story to the prison goings-on. After that last episode, I kinda like the guy now..and he's got a wicked eye patch.

• Like 2

The Governor certainly is one of the most enigmatic of TWD characters, though i find it difficult to sympathise with him as he's too overly devious and his destructive personally is the root of his own misery.

Edited by Brian Cairns
  • Like 3

The Walking Dead mid-season finale......WOW!

I know what you mean it was really shocking what happend

This season (so far) has been incredible. Hate the fact that I'll have to wait until February to see the next episode though. David Morrissey steals every episode as the Governor. He'd make a great guest.

• Like 1

Just read that one of my favourite films of recent years is being made into a TV series. Frank Darabont is supposedly developing a mini-series for The Mist. Don't know wether to be excited or not. I love the mist and am one of the people that loved how they changed the movie ending from the original short story.

The special edition DVD had a black and white version of the movie as this was how Frank Darabont imagined it, which upon a very hesitant viewing, was amazing. Gave it a true B-movie/horror feel and made the CGI more impressive in my opinion.

Edited by Matthewman

This season (so far) has been incredible. Hate the fact that I'll have to wait until February to see the next episode though. David Morrissey steals every episode as the Governor. He'd make a great guest.

I've really enjoyed this season too,i enjoyed the character arc they have given the Governor this season,i totally agree David Morrisey would make a great guest

Just read that one of my favourite films of recent years is being made into a TV series. Frank Darabont is supposedly developing a mini-series for The Mist. Don't know wether to be excited or not. I love the mist and am one of the people that loved how they changed the movie ending from the original short story.

The special edition DVD had a black and white version of the movie as this was how Frank Darabont imagined it, which upon a very hesitant viewing, was amazing. Gave it a true B-movie/horror feel and made the CGI more impressive in my opinion.

I didnt know Frank Darabont is making a mini-series of The Mist,It was a good movie with awesome monster sfx

It was an awesome mid season finale, would love it if David Morrissey was a guest, have to confess he is a very charming man when I saw him on Talking dead :) cant wait till Feb.
  • Like 2

It was an awesome mid season finale, would love it if David Morrissey was a guest, have to confess he is a very charming man when I saw him on Talking dead :) cant wait till Feb.

As long as he wore the patch :smile:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Nope, pass on that. I absolutely love the original though the sequel is awful and not in a glory horror way. I always hate when great Horror films are continued by other studios/directors and it looses all the impact of the original, like the Saw films i loved the first, the second was decent and the third was just alright after that i totally lost interest there was far too many and each successive sequel was just becoming more of a gimmick to shock rather than tell a story, the "final" (i pray it is) one was the worst, succumbing to the overload of 3D money spinners.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2001: A Space Odyssey is my favourite film in any genre. I saw it on the big screen in Edinburgh and it was a visual feast.

Alien, Aliens (the theatrical cut without the "derelict visit" scene), Star Wars, Trek, The Thing ('82), Predator, Blade Runner, The Matrix, Dark Star...there's so many.

I'm into Prometheus just now, watched it twice last week.

• Like 1

Well, we're working on upgrading the "Alien hive" set we had by the prop display table last year, so photo ops with the UKCM should be even cooler this time round ( Assuming we get the same space! )

I've just moved house and I now have some workshop space so if all goes to play there'll definitely be some eggstra stuff to see!

• Like 4

Well, we're working on upgrading the "Alien hive" set we had by the prop display table last year, so photo ops with the UKCM should be even cooler this time round ( Assuming we get the same space! )

I've just moved house and I now have some workshop space so if all goes to play there'll definitely be some eggstra stuff to see!

cool cant wait to see it :smile:

• Like 1

you guys looked great last year. Look forward to seeing what you come up with this year. Never got a picture with you guys last year but hopefully this year I'll get round to it.

I felt kinda sorry for the alien guy last year when i saw him remove the head. Poor guy was sweatin buckets. Great effort though as the suit was awesome.

Edited by Matthewman