General Chat

bunnycure

Hey guys, I was just thinking of popping into Stirling sometime this week. Anybody know any good spots in the comic department? ;)

Woohoo! (I live in Stirling)

Basically when you exit the train station (I'd assume you'd come from a train) if you cross the road where a big red building is and follow the path into your left, you will see a big road, McDonalds should be on your left, but in front of you is a big arcade, enter it and a few shops down on your left is a place called "Bannjaxx Comics" and boom you are surrounded by a million comics :-D

• Like 4

I was looking at the comments in a group for LFCC and was reading how much people where dehydrated in the sun, so then I talked to my mum about it and had an idea (which we are hopefully doing)

We will be getting big packs of bottles of water and I and my friend will be handing them out while my mum is in the que, we won't be selling the bottles of water (like people where doing at LFFC :( ) we will give a bottle of water in exchange for a smile, I will be vlogging it all and I'm wondering how many smiles we can get.

• Like 4

okay so having been reading through all the LFCC stuff i have a couple of questions. (i know glasgow isn't at all the same scale as LFCC, but it got me thinking that i literally have no idea what i'm doing, and there isn't a pro tips thread anywhere that explains anything. the bits on the website explain what it is but not how it works, so i'm still stumped.)

1. Early Entry tickets/Entry Queues - are these limited so that everyone is garuanteed to get in early? i've bought mine already so does this mean i can just walk straight in at 9am on Saturday or is there still going to be a huge queue? What are the queues to get in sectioned into? ie. is it pre-pay one side, pay on the door the other and then each of these split into early entry and standard?

2. VQ/VTs. - (is there a difference between these or are they the same thing but just people using different names, i'm assuming the latter?) Anyway, how does this work? Is there 1 queue to pick up ALL virtual queue tickets, or is there a queue for each persons talk/auto etc? Also, once you've got the ticket, where do you find out what number the queue is up to? Also i've seen comments about people without VQs getting autographs - how do you know whether you need a VQ or not?!

3. Re-entry - if you leave to get food or whatever can you just walk straight back in or do you have to join a re-entry queue or whatever?

Sorry for all the questions, just things I think it's worth knowing fully about beforehand rather than gettnig there on the day and realising i have no idea what i'm doing.

Also, is it worthwhile perhaps having a Pro Tips thread somewhere, where showmasters explain fully what everything means and how you go about utilising it as i think this would help a lot of people. Like explaining the VT/VQs/Queuing to get in/Photo Ops/Talks etc? In full, from what they mean to what happens at them and how to go about getting one etc. I assume it's mostly the same idea for all cons, so it would maybe fit with the Welcome to Showmasters Forums thread? And then SM fans can add their two cents with other tips as well. Just a thought... perhaps there already is one, but i haven't found it anywhere...

• Like 1

1. The queues for Glasgow don't tend to be very big at all. Be there for half 8 and you'll be fine.

2. If someone is in a VQ (i haven't seen it happen *much* in Glasgow) then a crew member will give you a ticket with a number on it beside where the person is signing. Lets say you are given 134. On a board next to the guest there will be numbers, usually 1-25 then 1-50, 1-100 and so on. When your number is included on the board you can join the queue :).

3. You can walk straight back in. You get your hand stamped.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

1. The queues for Glasgow don't tend to be very big at all. Be there for half 8 and you'll be fine.

2. If someone is in a VQ (i haven't seen it happen *much* in Glasgow) then a crew member will give you a ticket with a number on it beside where the person is signing. Lets say you are given 134. On a board next to the guest there will be numbers, usually 1-25 then 1-50, 1-100 and so on. When your number is included on the board you can join the queue :).

3. You can walk straight back in. You get your hand stamped.

Hope that helps!

So from point 2, do you have to get the ticket at the start of the day or just go over when the signing or talk is about to start?

ok so to get the ticket at the start of the day is it just to the autograph stand or is there a different place to get them at the start?

and talk-wise roughly how early is it best to be queueing for a talk to make sure you get in?

sorry for all the questions, i just want to make sure i'm well prepared for all circumstances :angel:

The tickets for VQs are next to where the person is signing :). Just head over there and you'll either get given a ticket or you'll just be able to join the queue.

Talks I tend to arrive 15/20 minutes before the talk. Unless it's someone super popular that is always enough ^_^

Last year I arrived about 8.45 with my early bird ticket thinking it would be mobbed, sat and had an egg mcmuffin for breakfast and went in just after 9. There was no queue to get in at that time and also very little people inside the hall, Managed to get my photoshoot ticket for Robert Englund at the desk straight away then went straight to meet the man himself. The early bird ticket is totally worth it and i'll be doing it again. I remember leaving around half 3-ish, and by that time you couldn't move in the hall. Was glad I went in early.

The VQ system was great, I didn't have any problems and thought it was well organised. I also managed to get into all the talks I wanted with no bother. Joined the Queue for the Robert Englund one about 10 minutes before it started and managed to get a seat no problem.

And before you ask, No, i don't work for showmasters :thumbup:

Edited by Matthewman

Thanks. Glad to hear that i don't need to get there too much before the early entry to get in early. My plan with buying early entry was so i didn't have to get up early to queue :P

I assume as well, if for whatever reason i was late (lets say i did everything (beside the photo shoots scheduled on sunday) on the saturday and the shoots were in the afternoon) and there was a queue to get in still for pre-bought standard entry but not for early entry i can essentially just walk up to the front and show the early entry ticket and still get in? Or would it be a matter of 'you missed early entry, join the queue?'

Finally got off my rs and bought my early bird ticket for the Saturday :dance:

Ok showmasters..... now hit me with some big guest announcements (preferably some horror/80s icons).

Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 2

Hey all, thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Never been to a convention of this sort before, went to the Glasgow Comic Con at the start of the month but think this has bigger potential, so bit the bullet yesterday and bought an early bird ticket for Sunday (can't make Saturday unfortuately).

Quite looking forward it as you lot seem a good bunch so hoping the atmosphere is a welcoming one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, thought I'd pop in and say hello.

Never been to a convention of this sort before, went to the Glasgow Comic Con at the start of the month but think this has bigger potential, so bit the bullet yesterday and bought an early bird ticket for Sunday (can't make Saturday unfortuately).

Quite looking forward it as you lot seem a good bunch so hoping the atmosphere is a welcoming one!

Hi DrunkenMonkey Welcome to the forum,you will really enjoy Collectormania Glasgow it has a good relaxed atmosphere and lots of great stalls plus everyone is truly friendly :smile:

• Like 1