Cosplay

carnosoul

Sorta off topic, although she has said she'd wear it next year - anyone able to point me in the right direction of someone/somewhere I could get a hold of a pink power ranger costume for my wee girl?

We went to the Power Rangers Megaforce/20th Anniversary bit on the Sunday before we came in to Collectormania, and when she saw all the folks dressed up (especially the girl dressed as a minion!) she was desperate to come as the Pink Ranger.

Lord knows why the toy company only do the Red Ranger outfit, they're totally missing a trick there.

Cheers

http://www.amazon.co...r ranger outfit

Enty, you are a LEGEND!

Still need a decent mask, but fantastic!

I am definately coming next year, couldn't come this year as had commitments... think I missed a good one lol.. I am trying to make a Borg costume.. and so far seems to be costing a bit lol.. anyone have any good suggestions? like for instance want an extended arm (with a laser at the end..) not sure how to make one?

• Like 2

@Alliecat, welcome along to the forums. So Borg, love the choice though it will require quite a bit of work it shouldn't cost too much as mostly it's made from bits and pieces. I've found a number of different links to try give you a good idea how to go about making the costume, feel free to pick and choose the elements you feel will work best for what you have in mind.

the following is from a star trek forum:

"i started with hockey equipment as the base for the torso, attached peices of pond liner (makes great flexible armour pecies, etc.), bolted on additional plastic peices stolen from hockey pants, used foam tubing and automotive wire, spark pulg wire holders for the Borg's wiring. A section of a fishing rod case was the base for the Borg arm, a toy robot "grabber" was dismantled and rebuilt into the arm to create a handle to open and close the "grabber". Some old computer parts, coloured wire, anything that looks mechanical and some led lights completes the arm. I used a kid's spy toy for the head peice. Holds to your head with a functional telescoping arm that drops a magnifying glass in front of your eye, I added some kalaidascope style material to make it holographic like. On the other side it come with a spring loaded arm that drops and lights up a red led lite, pretty cool! Paint everything black except for the accents wires, etc. Add leds powered by battery packs, face paint, white latex glove and you are good to go! Oh and it helps to be shaved or use a bald cap!!!"

Links: http://www.pinterest.com/theizzeb/borg-costume-with-annie-and-denise/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-Borg-Headset/

http://borgcrazy.tripod.com/id21.htm

http://www.instructables.com/id/Borg-Halloween-Costume/

I am definately coming next year, couldn't come this year as had commitments... think I missed a good one lol.. I am trying to make a Borg costume.. and so far seems to be costing a bit lol.. anyone have any good suggestions? like for instance want an extended arm (with a laser at the end..) not sure how to make one?

Hi when I was putting together my Leia costume I found ebay was a treat for getting accessiories and little hard to find items, however your costume will be more complex but will be awesome when complete, if your starting now you will have a whole year to work on it, look forward to seeing it ;)

• Like 1

Hi Alliecat welcome to the forum,everyone here is really friendly :smile: a borg costume sounds great cant wait to see it next year,my sister is right ebay is a good place to find hard to find items,there is star trek costume sites and forums that might have information on how to build a borg costume from scratch i found a article on the startrek.com site on how to build a budget borg www.startrek.com/article/guest-blog-building-a-budget-borg hope it helps :smile:

• Like 1

So, today is a book day event at my wee girls school - they were supposed to take in their favourite book & dress as a character from it.

She's actually ended up going in a Cleopatra costume we found in a shop, even though her book of choice is "What the Ladybird Heard"!

Really wish I had some costume building skills - there should be courses or workshops in this stuff!!

(don't start me again on the pink ranger thing - I seriously grudge paying £35 for such a simple & cheap looking costume!)

• Like 1

So, today is a book day event at my wee girls school - they were supposed to take in their favourite book & dress as a character from it.

She's actually ended up going in a Cleopatra costume we found in a shop, even though her book of choice is "What the Ladybird Heard"!

Really wish I had some costume building skills - there should be courses or workshops in this stuff!!

(don't start me again on the pink ranger thing - I seriously grudge paying £35 for such a simple & cheap looking costume!)

Don't worry about it man, I'm sure she looked great :)

As for costume stuff, I totally agree on grudging the £35 like. If you need any advice at all, or even to bounce ideas about, my email is bubba666[at]hotmail.co.uk :) don't hesitate to email me at all :)

We'll get ya sorted!

• Like 3

ive let a few weeks pass since the show so i could past the fact that 11 months of planning and damn near £70 spent on costume building came to nothing when my nephew bricked it spectacularly both days n couldnt go further than the arena door.

we had been going as deathstroke n deadpool respectively n it had been worked on n worked on n workd on n i thought we loked awesome tbh.

but we never quite got there...

best we got was a half hour on the sunday in plain clothes but he still just wanted to bail.

im going somewhere with this....

i was soooooo very disappointed to say the least but watever so drastically changd his mind at the 11th hour, its not my place to drop the blame on the poor lad, so im posting this to start looking towards '14s show n what to go as so...

so razen? care for a logan / victor team up next year maybe? i could grow my nails....(!)

or a S.T.A.R.S. team loadout, claire?

haha.

id love to hear ppls suggestions...

it certainly cant work out any worse than it did for me this year lol

• Like 3

ive let a few weeks pass since the show so i could past the fact that 11 months of planning and damn near £70 spent on costume building came to nothing when my nephew bricked it spectacularly both days n couldnt go further than the arena door.

we had been going as deathstroke n deadpool respectively n it had been worked on n worked on n workd on n i thought we loked awesome tbh.

best we got was a half hour on the sunday in plain clothes but he still just wanted to bail.

i was soooooo very disappointed to say the least but watever so drastically changd his mind at the 11th hour, its not my place to drop the blame on the poor lad, so im posting this to start looking towards '14s show n what to go as so...

so razen? care for a logan / victor team up next year maybe? i could grow my nails....(!)

haha.

Poor lad, to be honest the first time I done cosplay I got nervous, I guess its a form of stage fright, but once you get into the spirit of the event and how cool everyone is it soon passes, I would def be up for a team cosplay :) what does everyone else think? x

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have been researching my Claire Redfield costume idea and what im looking for is really hard to find or if I do find it, its mega expensive, so was looking for suggestions from you guys on here for a good costume idea, although im more than happy to go with the zombie ideas that's floating around on here ;) x

• 2 weeks later...

haha.

Sounds awesome! Haha I'm torn between Hank McCoy, Wreck-It-Ralph, Jedi or Pokémon Trainer for my second day costume :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...