Cosplay

carnosoul

Haha yeah there's no tougher look than minions and frozen in the background! Didn't have the badges on at time this picture was taken but managed to finish them off tonight so good to go...went with the SG1 set, though it was a tough choice between that and Atlantis!

• Like 1

hey guys,

I totally forgot about the forum, my bad, (but I was also out of the country stuck on a ship at sea for 6 months so the internet was a premium there!). I've only been back in Scotland for a few months now and working my ass off to make money and survive but I've been working on my cosplays for this year.

I'm going to be there as Elsa (from Frozen) on Saturday and Poison Ivy on Sunday. Neither costume is finished yet (AAAAAAAAAARGH!), my hands hurt from the needles and the glue and the spray paint.... and my kitchen is a state, but I'm getting there!

Can't wait to see everyone's costumes this weekend and I'm glad to see quitea few disney ones are planning to be there :D

• Like 4

Aww :( I'm so so so so so ashamed that I've not made a costume (just because I left it too late with stuff in general going on).... You're all going to look awesome :)

I am dressing up but unfortunately my costume was purchased and not hand made :(

Can't believe it's almost time.... 3 more sleeps :) :) :)

• Like 2

No longer fugly robes. Hood was JUST too small for the collar, but it's lined, which is something I'd never done before. So I'm rather proud.

Just to paint the knife and if I can find more navy ribbon, add on the black tails. Based them off the female Novice robes but with some minor alterations. Wanted to base the colour scheme off a Magpie.

10418305_10204498501642027_1096645651063

• Like 1

Aaaargh!
It's 4:15am, I'm still painting stuff!

This is what happens when you have Collectormania the week before another event, then you're DJing a geek party ( In Walkabout :P ) the week after THAT, then the weekend after THAT you have a DayZ zombie special at your Airsoft site for which you need to make ~90 LARP-safe melée weapons for under £3 each, and ~30 zombie masks...

ammadie.

SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY!!

( And yes, we will have the Alien hive for more photos, assuming wherever we're put has space - We don't know where we'll be yet, but we DO have a table! )
(( Stockingfairy - Still on for Borderlands group pics on Sunday, right? ))

hey guys,

I totally forgot about the forum, my bad, (but I was also out of the country stuck on a ship at sea for 6 months so the internet was a premium there!). I've only been back in Scotland for a few months now and working my ass off to make money and survive but I've been working on my cosplays for this year.

I'm going to be there as Elsa (from Frozen) on Saturday and Poison Ivy on Sunday. Neither costume is finished yet (AAAAAAAAAARGH!), my hands hurt from the needles and the glue and the spray paint.... and my kitchen is a state, but I'm getting there!

Can't wait to see everyone's costumes this weekend and I'm glad to see quitea few disney ones are planning to be there :D

I need to grab you for a pic for me step daughter! She is obsessed!!! With Elsa! :)

Hi, I have made an oufit.. but not sure whether to wear it or not or save it for comic con later in the year.. its a Borg outfit (Star Trek) is that too much for Collectormania? everyone seems to be wearing "nice" outfits lol...and I wouldn't want to be walking around Braehead Arena in an outfit thats like a bit too much maybe? I made it myself.. looks ok to me lol.. just scared I spose about actually wearing it in front of people lol..would like other peoples views though :blush:

• Like 3

i wish i knew.

Some folk on here have mentioned in the past about dressing rooms being on site or watever but that theyre usually taken over by one of the large cosplaying groups early on and cant really be used by the odd person here and there.

Toilets it is, i think...

Hey, even cybernetic superbeings need to relieve themselves at some point...

• Like 3

hey guys,

I need to grab you for a pic for me step daughter! She is obsessed!!! With Elsa! :)

lol, i think most young girls are. i worked for disney so I know what it's like to hear let it go on karaoke constantly!

Hi, I have made an oufit.. but not sure whether to wear it or not or save it for comic con later in the year.. its a Borg outfit (Star Trek) is that too much for Collectormania? everyone seems to be wearing "nice" outfits lol...and I wouldn't want to be walking around Braehead Arena in an outfit thats like a bit too much maybe? I made it myself.. looks ok to me lol.. just scared I spose about actually wearing it in front of people lol..would like other peoples views though :blush:

I know exactly what your thinking as the last few times I was pretty much the only zombie so did seem a bit random and pointless that it was great cause it was something totally different a bit scary and I was able to have loads of fun with it chasing after people and doing my zombie voice. So I say totally go for it, get used to wearing it and being comfortable walking around as a Borg. It's also a great way to figure out what elements work well and if you need to streamline different parts and get the look your after.

There is a changing area "somewhere" (i have no idea whereabouts though as I have never seen it sign posted or anything) so I'm afraid unless someone is able to direct you to were they are then it looks like your stuck with a toilet (maybe use a disabled cubical that way you have more room and have your own area to yourself to get prepared.

Looking forward to seeing loads of pics of your costume.

• Like 1

Thanks to all that made my first ever Con a memorable experience.

First Prize on the stage with Kenny captain Jack Sparrow- wow , so chuffed to bits ......... Even though I fluffed my line. I'd bloody practiced it too.

I'm soooo sorry I missed or didn't recognise some of you, but cosplay is that kinda thing....... And I have always been the same lol memory like a sieve.

Once again thanks to the judges for voting us to first place.

• Like 8

Thanks to all that made my first ever Con a memorable experience.

First Prize on the stage with Kenny captain Jack Sparrow- wow , so chuffed to bits ......... Even though I fluffed my line. I'd bloody practiced it too.

I'm soooo sorry I missed or didn't recognise some of you, but cosplay is that kinda thing....... And I have always been the same lol memory like a sieve.

Once again thanks to the judges for voting us to first place.

That's great news especially reading that you were worried about the outfit :clap: