Cosplay

carnosoul

Yeah i would get ready there but the "Cosplay Changing Facilites" Don't Exist, As my first year the storm troopers kicked us out so they could store their stuff. One year i had a really expensive and heavy costume and I couldn't wear it from home, i had to bring it in a suitcase and change in the public bathrooms and wheel the suitcase with me as i went until the cosplay desk let me leave it with them.
So massive crowd of people just show up in costumes

i am pleased to announce that i am nearly finished oogie boogies mask that i made intirely out of scratch like foam and plastic canvases and etc so i hope to get a photo of you captain sparrows again but in the SECC :clap::dance:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=685130638233364&set=a.270175159728916.64692.100002093036509&type=1&theater and everyone else who likes The Nightmare before Christmas of course

Edited by wagitagi
  • Like 1

Cosplay update. finally started moving my butt in gear. Battle bunny Riven is 1/3 done (unsure if i will have carrot blade for cm tho), Nami i havent even started on though ...woops.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person in this situ. I'm running out tomorrow to buy fabric for Assassin Robes that I'm hoping to make for CMG.

• Like 1

Question to anyone who happens to see this, are you guys going dressed up or are you changing at the event itself...?

Last few times I got the bus in full zombie make-up, that got some pretty funny reactions. It can be a bit nerve racking though it's the perfect way to get used to not just being dressed as someone but beginning to "be" them, it's the perfect excuse to go a bit nuts and have fun with it.

Plus you kinda act as a walking advertisement for the event since you end up telling so many folk what it's for. It's all part of the experience and you'll still be smiling from all the crazy moments weeks later.

Edited by Brian Cairns
  • Like 1

Question to anyone who happens to see this, are you guys going dressed up or are you changing at the event itself...?

Last few times I got the bus in full zombie make-up, that got some pretty funny reactions. It can be a bit nerve racking though it's the perfect way to get used to not just being dressed as someone but beginning to "be" them, it's the perfect excuse to go a bit nuts and have fun with it.

Plus you kinda act as a walking advertisement for the event since you end up telling so many folk what it's for. It's all part of the experience and you'll still be smiling from all the crazy moments weeks later.

Brian you have guts to do that! Iv to get a train up to Aberdeen on Saturday as jack to open a thorntons chocolates haha and s***ting it about the journey! Edited by Captain_Sparrow
  • Like 2

@Captain_Sparrow - You'll do brilliantly! Just remember; you are Jack, and Jack does not care about the looks people give him. Unless they are pleasant looks in which case he is interested :P Lol, nah, seriously though, you'll probably just get people wanting photographs. Again. Can't go anywhere without getting mobbed when in costume, can you?

Right: In answer to LuckyLorri's question: I just tend to go in costume. Granted, I usually come with my Dad and my brother and because of ~reasons~ we bring the car. (The main reason being it would be two or more buses to get to the damn place, and half of the time buses in my area work on a 'show up if we feel like it' basis. There are others, but that's the main) That being said; I have walked around Glasgow in odd costumes and you usually just get people asking what the costume is form.

I mean, like Brian said, you do sort of end up as a walking advertisement for the event, which is always good. Though; did anyone seen the recent issue of Doctor Who Magazine? CG has a half page ad in it!

• Like 2

I've been on the bus from Lenzie to glasgow as Ryuko. In her start outfit and the proper senketsu outfit. Onetime when wandering around Glasgow I was stopped by some people who'd seen me at DeeCon. I'll prolly wear my Yang Xiao Long and Novice Robes on the bus cause I hate carrying too much stuff around.

• Like 1

Yessss. Oh my gosh. I've some friends who want to do a FFX group next year, and tho I've NO knowledge of the series I love the costume designs and really want to do Lulu. It looks like an outfit that'd be really forgiving to my awkward shape.

Also forgetting my manners. You look fantastic. Can't wait to see the belty skirt finished.

Man, you gotta love Toys R' Us when ur in a pinch.

Struggled for a few weeks to fix myself a good looking mask for my Deathstroke.

Youths Ice Hockey Protective Face-Mask for £5.99? :spidy:

Done.

Been modifying it and sprayed it the desired colour earlier on, so thats the last piece of the puzzle done...Ready for the Show!

I hope...

• Like 2

Progress on Assassin Novice.

Marias Dagger. If there'd been time and the weather wasn't terrible I'd have used an EVA floor mat, shaped with a dremel. instead it's craft foam.

10518696_10204470383259085_5582518612030

Fugly robes. Prayer circle my bias tape arrived while I'm at work tomorrow.

10612950_10204456000859534_2241232551388

• Like 2

Really looking forward to Saturday, and to seeing you all! Costume is all ready, as are the needed props, so all that is needed now is to get there!

Seriously; it'll be awesome seeing you all, and feel free to come up and go all "hiii" to me (because I am fail and forget to hunt people down for pictures)

• Like 1