Cosplay

carnosoul

Jason would be good, mate. Classic photo opportunity if someone goes as Freddy or Michael Myers too!!

You should try and cobble it together for Glasgow - a blood-soaked Jason is precisely the kind of thing id like to see this year Cosplay-wise...

I've made up my mind iam going to be cosplaying as Jason next year,I've always wanted to get more into the cosplay but always been too shy iam hoping it will help me get over my shyness and make new friends :smile:

• Like 2

I'm sure your Jason will be awesome, carnosoul. And I hope I'm not being presumptuous here in saying that if you're on this board, you've already got friends at the con!

Seriously people, it's gonna be great to see you all! Hope we get the chance for photos - last year was a bit stowed out.

• Like 2

I'm sure your Jason will be awesome, carnosoul. And I hope I'm not being presumptuous here in saying that if you're on this board, you've already got friends at the con!

Seriously people, it's gonna be great to see you all! Hope we get the chance for photos - last year was a bit stowed out.

Thanks ZaraMcA :smile: It is one of the things i love about this forum everyone is truly friendly,I cant wait to see you all and fingers crossed get pictures with everyone too :smile:

I'm going as Catwoman, originally wanted to go as Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time but have left it too long to get everything in order for that & instead have purchased a Catwoman costume - Feel terrible about not actually making my own :(

Looking forward to this event so much, it's the first I've ever been to :) :)

• Like 4

I hear you.

I'm large myself, thats just the way it is.

So im fortunate that my cosplay of Deathstroke allows me to pad the crap out of arms, legs, chest etc with foamed plates akin to the characters Armored vest and arm guars and leg protectors etc, so im likely to get away with it, and hopefully will end up with a loadout on the day that makes me look like a beefed up man-mountain, which sells the character even more cos hes built like a tank!!!

Its all about what you can get away with, StockingFairy!!

And i think your costume is sound - all the pieces are there so as long as its accurate, people arent gonna be checking anything else out.

Actually, youve kinda made me more certain than ever to do it here, cos ill admit i was wavering, and yet now i dont feel like the only one who fells this way before doing a character..

Lets do this...!

I do this for every character, end up hating it and then when i wear it to the event people compliment me and ask for photos and i feel a whole lot more positive about it (sounds a wee bit big headed of me lol)

Are you literally me?

This will be my first con, so a bit of a confidence issue........ Hence the big Fk off latex mask lol.

I'm on the chunkier side too, but you don't look large. So Calm down and cosplay yer heart out lol

Yes you are literally me. I cannot wait to see your Moxxi tho. You have NAILED the cell-shaded look of the games. You look fantastic, really hope I get to see you at the event.

Aww thanks Swanny! I'mone of the cosplay guest stars again this year so i will be at a stall, doing some panels and also judging the contest so you will see me kicking about.

Then I'll make a point to come over and do my "I'm looking at some fantastic cosplay work" dance. Which is a lot of screeching, gesturing and generally making everyone very embarrassed.

Edited by Swany

I'll take a virtual cookie :)

I agree Zara, everyone here is awesome.

Really glad I found this forum & I feel much better about attending dressed up, I was petrified at first, especially after I was watching some videos of Collectormania on YouTube, it didn't seem like there were all that many people dressed up for the event.

Question to anyone who happens to see this, are you guys going dressed up or are you changing at the event itself...?

I need to get a train then a bus from Dumbarton and I'll more than likely be dressed up on the journey (which will be a new experience to say the least!!).

Next year I swear I'm going to actually spend time and effort making my costume, I'm going to feel so bad when I see all the awesome one's you guys have come up with, you'll all put me to shame!

• Like 3