Cosplay

carnosoul

@Sparrow Naaaah, didnae worry yer wee pirate heid about these things, I'll watch out fer ye wi' my bow an' arrow. ( :P ) (Also dude, you know you are awesome, Don't deny the awesome)

@Claymore Ah yes, meeting yourself, well, that's a paradox, and I'm sure there'll be enough Time Lords there to help us deal with any sort of paradox. Seriously though; everything you've shown so far about your costume rings as awesome, it'll be a pleasure to see it in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Today i got my butt in gear and ordered the stuff i needed for my cosplay for collectormania, I will be spending maybe the whole weekend as Nami from one piece but 2 different outfits.

@captain_Sparrow oooh im gonna come get pics :3

• Like 2

Hey folks! On the 30th June, 1st July and 6th July I'll be appearing at hamleys as part of their pirate week so if your in town please come and say hi!!!

See you there Kenny.

I wonder if I could get my old costume cobbled back together by Sunday

@Sparrow Ooh, might come along and see. Got to try to look for a gift for one of the little cousins anyway, so just means extra fun. Will make sure to get pics ^^

Claymore, I hope you can get your stuff cobbled together in time!

It happens every year.

Theres a plan made at the beginning of the year where "X" amount of us will go to CMG come August, and sure enough its now July and its down to me and one other guy who now will be out of the country that weekend too.

So if your see a sullen, billy-no-mates dressed as Deathstroke walking around the arena on the day, thatd be me, cos im still gonna go even if its just me haha.

Too much time and energy has went into this cosplay over the last 18 months to not go now!!

• Like 1

I know I said I'd be making Pyramid head. But I've literally no way to store it once it's made so I'll prolly wear one of my already existing cosplays.

I'll be Yang Xiao Long one day cause a friend says he's dressing his wee girl as Ruby Rose (Yang's little sis) and the chance for adorable pics is too good to miss.

Other day could be anything. I've got Yang, Jade Harley (homestuck), Ryuko Matoi, Bucky Barnes, Scarlet Witch and possibly Mami Tomoe or Lady Loki. So plenty to choose from.

Also want to make Wanda Maximoff's House of M outfit, if anyone has any experience making full gowns.

*Whispers* cosplay

• Like 1

Hey all!

After much deliberation and putting it off I'm finally about to start my costumes >.<

I've decided on doing Scarlet Witch one day and then revamping one of my Harley costumes for the second day!

I'll post pictures soon when things start shaping together, lots to be done though! Hope everyone is getting on great with theirs !

• Like 3

Really need to grow a set and do this. I took my wee boy as Iron Man last year and he had a blast.

There was a girl last year dressed as a Tardis who was perfect. As in comic book, movie star, blueprint perfect lol. Cosplay should really come with health warning labels haha.

Genuinely stunned at the standard people dress to. Taking that much time and dedication is something to be super proud of.

• Like 2

Hi guys, new to this forum so apologies in advance for the newbie questions...though I've attended a few conventions over the years including LFCC a few weeks ago (awesome!)

Anyway, this is the first time I'm getting up the courage and determination to engage in a bit of cosplay rather than just looking at everyone else in jealousy and awe haha! Decided to go with a Stargate costume....but this has generated a question....with the gun (and fake gun) laws in the UK these days what's the deal with us being able to carry a toy/replica pistol or machine gun? Anyone more experienced than me who can help would earn gratitude the likes of Rodney McKay being handed a fully charged ZPM haha!

Cheers guys :)

• Like 2

Nice one, buddy.

Im a huge fan of Stargate and always feel that the Glasgow one is a bit under-respresented when it comes to SG1, Atlantis and Universe in both guests and folk cosplaying as characters.

So itll be nice to see someone flying the flag for the franchise and dressing up!

Going as anyone in particular?

Proud to say i went as Col. Young in 2010 to Glasgow as my first foray into Cosplay :thumbup: !

The laws relating to the carrying of replica weapons are tied in with "breach of the peace" - In short, if you carry it in a public place and cause fear or alarm, you can be arrested ( Or shot, if you're REALLY stupid! )

Being as conventions like Collectormania are on private property, and prop weapons are part of the expected proceedings, you're fine once you're inside... But make sure you have a decent bag to carry your kit to and from the event.
Ideally, odd as it may sound, NOT a rifle-bag. A 2-zip holdall that you can put a wee lock on is ideal - And I'd advise that you put a wee printed note inside on top of your gun explaining what it is.

You might hear people try to tell you that "If it's got a red tip, then it's legal" - That's utterly false. Red tips ( "Blaze Orange", actually ) are an American legal thing, and irrelevant in UK law ( albeit some con organisers include mention of them in their rules, because they've believed the wrong people! )

The only mention of a gun's colour in UK law is in the Violent Crime Reduction Act - Wherein it's illegal to SELL a Realistic Imitation Firearm to someone who isn't both over 18, and a member of a properly insured Airsoft skirmish site or re-enactment group.

Confusingly, it doesn't matter whether the gun is actually capable of firing BBs - the definition of a Realistic Imitation Firearm is basically "It is gun-shaped, gun-sized, and gun-coloured". So even if it's solid plastic with no moving parts - It still counts.

Imitation Firearms ( Note no "Realistic" ) are also known as 2-tones, and must be at least 51% brightly coloured. It's legal to buy these once you're over 18, even if you don't have a smirmish site/reenactment group membership... However, spraypainting them black or silver is classed as "Manufacturing", and is also illegal ( Again, unless and until you join a site/group ).

Hope that helps - If you have any specific questions, ask away!

Here's a link to the UKCM's carry rules:

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11540

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat
  • Like 1