Cosplay

carnosoul

Providing I can get there, I'm considering going as Ghostface from Scream for a laugh. I picked up the proper replica mask a few years ago and that coupled with a full length black cape goes quite well lol

i think i'll only be doing my oogie boogie costume in the one in the SECC just the green woven version of oogie boogie you know which one i mean, a mate of mine will be Jack skeleton so hope to get pictures please :coolthumb:

Edited by wagitagi

I have a feeling people may be sick of hearing this from me - it happens pretty much every year - but my cosplay has changed and this is the final one now. And... yeah, I'm pretty pleased with the idea of this, even if I have commissioned it instead of making it myself. (I know, I know, the horror. But by the time I got a decent sewing machine I would have been out near enough the same price as the cost of commission - which I only did because it was on sale.) All I need to get now is a wig, shoes, and the appropriate prop, the latter of which is proving the hardest to achieve so any advice for someone on a budget would be greatly appreciated.

... Wait, I haven't said who, have I? *scans* No, I haven't. Sorry about that. Erm, yeah. I'm going as Merida, from Disney Pixar's Brave.

• Like 1

I have a feeling people may be sick of hearing this from me - it happens pretty much every year - but my cosplay has changed and this is the final one now. And... yeah, I'm pretty pleased with the idea of this, even if I have commissioned it instead of making it myself. (I know, I know, the horror. But by the time I got a decent sewing machine I would have been out near enough the same price as the cost of commission - which I only did because it was on sale.) All I need to get now is a wig, shoes, and the appropriate prop, the latter of which is proving the hardest to achieve so any advice for someone on a budget would be greatly appreciated.

... Wait, I haven't said who, have I? *scans* No, I haven't. Sorry about that. Erm, yeah. I'm going as Merida, from Disney Pixar's Brave.

Fully approved here

hi again folks.. have a few ideas now for my Borg costume..just trying to buy it all as it is costing me a fortune lol...but am getting there.. hopefully will have it all by the time I need it lol.. :thumbup:

Hi Alliecat A borg costume sounds great cant wait to see it :smile:

I have no idea how to quote posts.. pressing the quote button doesn't seem to be working for me (if someone wants to explain that to me feel free!)

Thanks Brian! I'm really excited to come to the Glasgow con in particular as it's one place in Scotland I've never been, despite spending so much time up there.

Yes, it'll be a Tardis dress :). I'm definitely going to have sounds and lights! I've got some ideas. I'd like to make the dress quite interactive, and have everything incorporate into the outfit (I'm gonna wear tardis head gear, have a tardis bag to carry my stuff around etc.). Early days but I'm so excited to get on with it!

Hi Jadelouise Your Tardis dress sounds awesome,it will be cool to see,you will really enjoy the glasgow con it has a great and quite relaxed atmosphere :smile:

• Like 1

Oh gosh. OK so this is a noob move I'm sure I'm about to make.

I'm going to Collectormania this year, and though I can see rules on props I've looked and looked and I can't see any rules on actual costumes. Just because I know a lot of cons have restrictions on what people can and can't wear. I've seen examples of cosplayers been asked to cover up at some cons. Like a girl cosplaying Yoko from Gurren Lagann (bikini top and booty shorts) at a con was asked to cover up. this show's rule is "An amount of coverage comparable to typical swimwear is fine-If planning a skimpy or delicate costume it is recommended that you take extra precautions beneath the costume to avoid exposing yourself."

Is it the same for Collectormania, or am I gonna get kicked out for the cosplay I'm planning? I mean I do think I saw pics of someone cosplaying Slave Leia so maybe I'm just worrying needlessly.

That aside, I'm hoping to make a Pyramid Head costume for one of the days. If the one I'm planning isn't allowed I'll probably wear one of my old cosplays or finish my Mami Tomoe.

• Like 2

Hey matey I so want a pic with you if your pyramid head! That bugger scared me as a child hahahahaha

Oh gosh. OK so this is a noob move I'm sure I'm about to make.

I'm going to Collectormania this year, and though I can see rules on props I've looked and looked and I can't see any rules on actual costumes. Just because I know a lot of cons have restrictions on what people can and can't wear. I've seen examples of cosplayers been asked to cover up at some cons. Like a girl cosplaying Yoko from Gurren Lagann (bikini top and booty shorts) at a con was asked to cover up. this show's rule is "An amount of coverage comparable to typical swimwear is fine-If planning a skimpy or delicate costume it is recommended that you take extra precautions beneath the costume to avoid exposing yourself."

Is it the same for Collectormania, or am I gonna get kicked out for the cosplay I'm planning? I mean I do think I saw pics of someone cosplaying Slave Leia so maybe I'm just worrying needlessly.

That aside, I'm hoping to make a Pyramid Head costume for one of the days. If the one I'm planning isn't allowed I'll probably wear one of my old cosplays or finish my Mami Tomoe.

Oh man, I better get to it then. This'll be my first large prop. And my first helmet.

What's even funnier is I never completed Silent Hill 2 myself. I reached the hospital and gave up 'cause even non-Hellworld hospitals freak me out.

• Like 2

Haha I remember playing it in an arcade down south yrs ago and I was scared crazy and some of the other kids laughed hahaha if they laughed now they'd get run through with me cutlass hahaha

I've never played the arcade game, but right from the start of 2 I was spooked. Not so much by the monsters cause I've read up on them and seen so much of them they don't phase me anymore (hahahah that's a lie). But even just the ambient sound and music is spooky.

Speaking of swords, tho! I spent the better part of this evening out the back cutting foam for a cosplay sword. And driving my neighbours dog crazy with the noise.

tumblr_n3dcdo3rDF1two8fgo1_r1_500.png

I'm making this for Deecon this weekend, but I'll be reusing it for one of my cosplays at collectormania. Probably Sunday I'll be wearing Junketsu. Saturday'll prolly be P-Hiddy.

Also while I'm here. Can I ask how long everyone has been cosplaying? It's only been like 6 or 7 months for me, I came into it late (I'm 24) but I love it.

• Like 2

@Swany That sword looks incredible! You've got amazing amounts of skill there! Personally I've only been cosplaying for ... a few years, I think, but it's only once or twice a year. I mostly stick to closet cosplays, so this year will be my first step out of that (though at the same time, I'm working on making a cosplay that is my own take on the Doctor)

On a random note, still looking for a bow and arrow set on a budget. Surprisingly hard. Huh.

• Like 3

Haha I remember playing it in an arcade down south yrs ago and I was scared crazy and some of the other kids laughed hahaha if they laughed now they'd get run through with me cutlass hahaha

I've never played the arcade game, but right from the start of 2 I was spooked. Not so much by the monsters cause I've read up on them and seen so much of them they don't phase me anymore (hahahah that's a lie). But even just the ambient sound and music is spooky.

Speaking of swords, tho! I spent the better part of this evening out the back cutting foam for a cosplay sword. And driving my neighbours dog crazy with the noise.

I'm making this for Deecon this weekend, but I'll be reusing it for one of my cosplays at collectormania. Probably Sunday I'll be wearing Junketsu. Saturday'll prolly be P-Hiddy.

Also while I'm here. Can I ask how long everyone has been cosplaying? It's only been like 6 or 7 months for me, I came into it late (I'm 24) but I love it.

The sword looks amazing your really talented,i've always wished i had the skill to make my own cosplays :smile: Silent Hill 2 has always been my favorite of the games.I liked the music too it was very atmospheric i really enjoyed the story too,I also thought Silent Hill 4 The Room was a creepy game too lol :smile:

• Like 1

The sword looks amazing your really talented,i've always wished i had the skill to make my own cosplays :smile: Silent Hill 2 has always been my favorite of the games.I liked the music too it was very atmospheric i really enjoyed the story too,I also thought Silent Hill 4 The Room was a creepy game too lol :smile:

I remember playing the first silent hill on the original play station when it first came out. The one memory that sticks in my brain from it was quite early on in the game where a cat jumps out a locker. I pretty much jumped from one end of my room to the other when that happened lol. The 2006 movie was pretty good, They nailed the look of the game pretty well with old P-head having the stand out scenes. Good luck with the costume.

• Like 1

I was so busy over the past few days getting ready for DeeCon I couldn't post any more WiPs of the sword.

But I got some pics at Deecon. Heres one of myself and another KLK cosplayer I came across.

tumblr_n3mehocQP11ql74odo1_500.jpg

Edited by Swany
  • Like 2