Cosplay

carnosoul

Thanks for the I requests guys....

I'm on holiday. In September, sailing in the Caribbean ( Disney cruise)

I'd like to attend however........

I've never done anything like that in my life!

I'm probably the oldest here (50) .... ( but extremely young looking lol)

And I'm a bit shy about it all.

I produced the original costume as a challenge.

The current work in progress in the same , but both were only for the cruise's pirate night.

But we'll see how it goes. Might be fun

• Like 1

ive let a few weeks pass since the show so i could past the fact that 11 months of planning and damn near £70 spent on costume building came to nothing when my nephew bricked it spectacularly both days n couldnt go further than the arena door.

we had been going as deathstroke n deadpool respectively n it had been worked on n worked on n workd on n i thought we loked awesome tbh.

but we never quite got there...

best we got was a half hour on the sunday in plain clothes but he still just wanted to bail.

im going somewhere with this....

i was soooooo very disappointed to say the least but watever so drastically changd his mind at the 11th hour, its not my place to drop the blame on the poor lad, so im posting this to start looking towards '14s show n what to go as so...

so razen? care for a logan / victor team up next year maybe? i could grow my nails....(!)

or a S.T.A.R.S. team loadout, claire?

haha.

id love to hear ppls suggestions...

it certainly cant work out any worse than it did for me this year lol

Poor lad, to be honest the first time I done cosplay I got nervous, I guess its a form of stage fright, but once you get into the spirit of the event and how cool everyone is it soon passes, I would def be up for a team cosplay :) what does everyone else think? x

I have the same worries lol.

Building the new costume for Florida in September, which should be complete by August. But wearing it 5000 miles away, on a ship full of strangers, is waaaaay different from strapping it on , in my home town.

The only thing is , people wouldn't recognise me in the Mack anyway......... Except those who know I built one last year.

ive let a few weeks pass since the show so i could past the fact that 11 months of planning and damn near £70 spent on costume building came to nothing when my nephew bricked it spectacularly both days n couldnt go further than the arena door.

we had been going as deathstroke n deadpool respectively n it had been worked on n worked on n workd on n i thought we loked awesome tbh.

but we never quite got there...

best we got was a half hour on the sunday in plain clothes but he still just wanted to bail.

im going somewhere with this....

i was soooooo very disappointed to say the least but watever so drastically changd his mind at the 11th hour, its not my place to drop the blame on the poor lad, so im posting this to start looking towards '14s show n what to go as so...

so razen? care for a logan / victor team up next year maybe? i could grow my nails....(!)

or a S.T.A.R.S. team loadout, claire?

haha.

id love to hear ppls suggestions...

it certainly cant work out any worse than it did for me this year lol

Poor lad, to be honest the first time I done cosplay I got nervous, I guess its a form of stage fright, but once you get into the spirit of the event and how cool everyone is it soon passes, I would def be up for a team cosplay :) what does everyone else think? x

I have the same worries lol.

Building the new costume for Florida in September, which should be complete by August. But wearing it 5000 miles away, on a ship full of strangers, is waaaaay different from strapping it on , in my home town.

The only thing is , people wouldn't recognise me in the Mack anyway......... Except those who know I built one last year.

I am definately coming next year, couldn't come this year as had commitments... think I missed a good one lol.. I am trying to make a Borg costume.. and so far seems to be costing a bit lol.. anyone have any good suggestions? like for instance want an extended arm (with a laser at the end..) not sure how to make one?

Claymore ur never too old mate! Iv got friends who do barbossa who r in their 50s! I'm in the process of making an "on stranger tides" wig :) thered be a rum in it for u if u make it!

Yep , I'm 52 lol

I'll see how the new costume progresses over the next couple of months, and smoke a decision.

Might need to meet a couple of you guys before going in, so's I don't go in myself.

As I say, I'm a bit unsure ( shy ?!?,) about it all. It all started as a laugh/ bet

Haha I'd meet you outside and get you in! Last time it took me 45 mins to an hour to get in as folk were hounding me for pics!

Claymore ur never too old mate! Iv got friends who do barbossa who r in their 50s! I'm in the process of making an "on stranger tides" wig :) thered be a rum in it for u if u make it!

Yep , I'm 52 lol

I'll see how the new costume progresses over the next couple of months, and smoke a decision.

Might need to meet a couple of you guys before going in, so's I don't go in myself.

As I say, I'm a bit unsure ( shy ?!?,) about it all. It all started as a laugh/ bet

Hey to everyone! Loving seeing the ideas flowing. I agree with Captain_Sparrow, you should really come in your cosplay Claymore! I'm sure at some point a meet up will be arranged for people to hang out before the event!

As for me ... well, I'm a bit stuck on ideas right now. Though I am kind of toying with the idea of maybe coming as a St. Trinian. (Judge me not, those girls are extremely awesome)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Just checking in, as I've been busy at work.

Just updated the progress of the new sculpt at The RPF if you want to have a look.

http://www.therpf.co...24/#post3180879

It also shows the wee test rig I'm using to test and set up the animatronics.

This looks amazing... cant wait to see the end result.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.therpf.co...2406d1391556408

Hows about a wee tentacle animatronic trial.

This will be one of the "side" tentacles which will just show a kind of slithering repetative motion.

Still aways to go tho'

Awesome Claymore mate!! Will be awesome locking swords with ye!! Was doing a gig for yorkhill childrens hospital and was kindly given "the heart of davey jones" chest!!

http://www.therpf.co...2406d1391556408

Hows about a wee tentacle animatronic trial.

This will be one of the "side" tentacles which will just show a kind of slithering repetative motion.

Still aways to go tho'

Awesome Claymore mate!! Will be awesome locking swords with ye!! Was doing a gig for yorkhill childrens hospital and was kindly given "the heart of davey jones" chest!!

Dammit I was wondering where that had hot to lol.

Might be cool to do something like that - give a little back.

The look on the kids faces must have been cool.