Thanks to all the staff!

Just wanted to post a thanks you to all the Showmasters staff at the first Cardiff Con! You guys helped make our day and were so helpful and fun! I'd especially like to thank those organising the talks upstairs for fitting us into back of Merlin and making our wait for Star Wars entertaining! You guys rock!

Also thanks to all the mods here for answering our newbie questions!

See you all back here in March!

• Like 4

A personal huge thank you to Emma D who sorted out my son's David hasslehoff autograph. She made an effort to come and find me and help my son get his autograph. Big big big thank you to her x. Oh and that's not to say that the other staff were not great too because 99% of them were excellent (only one bad experience) but Emma D went over and above what I would have expected....

• Like 2

A personal huge thank you to Emma D who sorted out my son's David hasslehoff autograph. She made an effort to come and find me and help my son get his autograph. Big big big thank you to her x. Oh and that's not to say that the other staff were not great too because 99% of them were excellent (only one bad experience) but Emma D went over and above what I would have expected....

That was me, and you're more than welcome. Just glad I could help...didn't want the young man disappointed :) x

• Like 3

That was me, and you're more than welcome. Just glad I could help...didn't want the young man disappointed :) x

OMG you are a legend.... My son has just gone back to school and told his friends how Emma D sorted it for him to see David Hasselhoff in private to get his autograph....Their faces were a picture....lol....

OMG you are a legend.... My son has just gone back to school and told his friends how Emma D sorted it for him to see David Hasselhoff in private to get his autograph....Their faces were a picture....lol....

I was taking his cash on that day, were you the last person waiting? Glad Emma managed to track you down in the Photoshoot would have been a shame to miss him!

• Like 1

I was taking his cash on that day, were you the last person waiting? Glad Emma managed to track you down in the Photoshoot would have been a shame to miss him!

Yes, we were the people who kept running off upstairs for photoshoots and then coming back down to see if he had returned from his break... His very long break....lol... Thanks so much for all your help.

The staff were phenomenal. Patient, good rumoured and slightly dazed. Lol.

Big shout out must go to the guy in the red shirt organising the talk queues, while trying to sort out the back end of the photo queues.

If it was Saturday. then that would have been me :smile:

Thankyou for your kind mention - I was lucky enough to have a couple of great crew helping and the sterling volunteering of one of our forum moderators to get us through!

• Like 1

I think the 'red shirt' man upstairs holding the line before the talks on Sunday was Mike, it was his first Con he was telling us. He was very entertaining and also very lucky to get his laminate back from my youngest son who he put in charge for a bit ;) as we were at the front of the Star Wars line. Hopefully he won't be like a Star Trek redshirt and will be back for the next episode! It is excellent staff like him, who make these events just as memorable as meeting the Guests themselves. Thanks again and please all stand up and take a bow!

• Like 1

Excellent first show held in Cardiff by Showmasters, I knew it was going to be a busy one and the loooonnnng queue outside proved me right. Thanks to the staff for doing such a good job keeping things in order and I'm now looking forward to the second show in March; keep up the good work.

I think the 'red shirt' man upstairs holding the line before the talks on Sunday was Mike, it was his first Con he was telling us. He was very entertaining and also very lucky to get his laminate back from my youngest son who he put in charge for a bit ;) as we were at the front of the Star Wars line. Hopefully he won't be like a Star Trek redshirt and will be back for the next episode! It is excellent staff like him, who make these events just as memorable as meeting the Guests themselves. Thanks again and please all stand up and take a bow!

Mike is my partner. I'll pass your comments onto him. he'll be thrilled. It WAS his first con and was nervous at first. He'll defo be back and is looking at Milton Keynes in November. Edited by RainbowDisney
  • Like 1