Thank You Showmasters

FON

Wow what a great day yesterday. Much busier then I ever expected. Just shows what they can do with a well promoted show and great guests. THANK YOU FOR COMING TO CARDIFF, I've only been nagging for about 6 years ;)

So many highlights with loads of guests. Hillier was so nice to my son, I think he will remember meeting her for years. All the guests seemed to sign loads and I guess I best make a move for day 2 :)

THANK YOU

Jason

Yes i was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people that turned up and even though i was there for the 11am opening i was dismayed that there was no indication at all that said which que was which. It took me two ques and at least an hour to actually get into the venue. Still nil desperandum. I managed to get the nine people i wanted but it was a close call in getting Robert Eungland as i had to leave at half 2 sharp to catch a bus. But i do feel that the venue was too small for the amount of people that turned up.

The only other gripe i have was the amount of gawkers that still persist in just coming in and taking photos of the guests this happened to me when i was about to meet Chris Barrie when a guy came up and just asked Chris for a photo and i am amazed that the crew member did not say anything to him. But to be fair the look on her face did say "cheeky bugger" . the times i had to walk around groups of people who were just standing in ques even though they were not waiting for the guest themselves was beyond belief. But all gripes aside i am glad i went and heres hoping that the next one in March next year will be in a more spacious venue.

I can't imagine it being anywhere other than the Motorpoint next year to be honest, I can't think of anywhere else they could hold it. I don't know the Millenium Stadium that well mind (from a convention pov), but things of that scale tend to happen at the Motorpoint. It's kind of the 'to go' place here really.

However, hopefully next time around the venue will be properly prepared. I was told around total foot traffic yesterday was in the region of 6-7x what was expected and the staff count reflected that. With more stewards the queuing situations would probably have been better, lucky the crowd were for the most part well behaved which helped a lot.

Personally, I turned up around 9.45am and was surprised I didn't have to queue to get in at all... I just walked through the door. When we went for lunch, it was going around the block.

I went yesterday and it was my first ever convention so didnt really know what to expect crowdwise but we got there early as didnt want to be disspaointed. there were a lot of people cueing but it was to be expected and everything went fine. it was pretty busy/gongested at times but like i said as i was a convention virgin i was expecting this..so very suprised to hear that even convention regulars thought it was rammed.

Just wanted to say what a great time i had. met Robert englund who has always been on my wish list and he was an absolute legend, really down to earth and couldnt have been cooler. properly engaged in convorsation with us and we talked for a good 10 mins, couldnt have asked for a better experience meeting him. also James O'barr was equally as nice and great to meet, his crow graphic novels are a huge part of my life so was brilliant to meet him.

I think its safe to say after my first convention im now officially hooked. Cant wait for the enxt one. Really hope cardiff continues to host these great shows for us the fans.

Yes i was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people that turned up and even though i was there for the 11am opening i was dismayed that there was no indication at all that said which que was which. It took me two ques and at least an hour to actually get into the venue. Still nil desperandum. I managed to get the nine people i wanted but it was a close call in getting Robert Eungland as i had to leave at half 2 sharp to catch a bus. But i do feel that the venue was too small for the amount of people that turned up.

The only other gripe i have was the amount of gawkers that still persist in just coming in and taking photos of the guests this happened to me when i was about to meet Chris Barrie when a guy came up and just asked Chris for a photo and i am amazed that the crew member did not say anything to him. But to be fair the look on her face did say "cheeky bugger" . the times i had to walk around groups of people who were just standing in ques even though they were not waiting for the guest themselves was beyond belief. But all gripes aside i am glad i went and heres hoping that the next one in March next year will be in a more spacious venue.

Motorpoint was an excellent place to hold the event and I actually think it was big enough.

The only thing I would change is where the photoshoots were situated which did get crowded at times.

All in all and excellent event and I look forward to the next one in the Motorpoint.

Edited by reddragon

Talking about bigger venues only shows what a great show this was. Just got in from day 2 and where it was not as busy as saturday (all shows are the same) it still had a fantastic turnout.

Roll on March :) saying that we have LFCC and Collectormania before that lol

Jason

I got the impression that a lot more people than expected turned up but it was still a good show and I enjoyed it very much! :-) My only (minor) complaint was that the Motorpoint staff serving food were disorganised (one tiny card menu rather than something on the wall for everyone to see... really?) and one of them was unnecessarily rude to myself and several other people there. I appreciate they were busy but taking it out on your customers is a big no-no in my book (and I've worked in a lot of high pressure environments with loads of customers so I do know what it's like).

Other than that small thing, the Showmasters staff were great and really helpful plus it was a great weekend that went too fast as these things always do when you're having fun! :-)

- G

As a first time stall holder at Comic Con's I have to say the venue was ideal for me and the response was great!

I loved the atmosphere in the place and thought the staff did a tremendous job overal.

I would love them to come up to Liverpool and do an event here :-)

Hope to do many more Cons in future :-)

This was my first ever convention and was not disappointed. I expected it to be busy but after reading others posts, it's not usually that cramped. But that was what I was expecting. Looking forward to March 2014. I hope to get early bird tickets next time as I was too late to get talk tickets.

I loved Saturday, and although downstairs was mega busy, personally it never felt as crowded as London. I do agree that the upstairs queues should hAve been better thought through, but I can't fault the staff for their patience and good humour. I really don't think they knew what had hit them, when we went to talk area for the doctor who talk tickets (I wasnt online to see the notice if going to the main desk) the young gentle man said it would be quiet enough that we would not need tickets, luckily I didn't listen to him, and the look on his face later that day was priceless. So I think they all managed admirably when the sheer volume took everyone by surprise. The queues where very claustrophobic, I was one of the people who came out if a talk right into the blessed queue, and the staff really seemed to be trying their hardest in an impossible situation. Hopefully next year they can have talks on floor two and photos on floor one.

My biggest regret of the day was the cos players seemed to be limited to the second floor, while queuing for photos and talks I saw loads of brilliant cos players going to and from the cos play room, and hardly any down stairs. There was room for them I'd say?

I have said my thanks on both FB and Twitter but now i am here i must once again say thank you thank you showmasters. It was my first con and what a great day i had. I had an amazing experience meeting the legend that is Robert Englund who i have been such a huge fan of since i was a kid back in the day and also the beautiful and lovely Sarah Douglas. Both such nice people. Also Dave Prowse and Virginia Hey.

It was very busy and somewhat overcrowded but i am glad as such a turnout meant another in march. Good stuff. I would also like to thank the stewards working Robert's sign line who very kindly let me tag on the last one of the last queue before his break as my number was the next up. That lady with the glasses whoever you are i meant it i love you for that.

I made small guest wish list in the film cast and crew section. so again thank you and can't wait for march. Oh one more thing can you please make buying advance tickets over the phone as i was unable to do so last time. Just wouldn't accept payment.

Just for anyone who is complaining about the amount of people inside and it was their first con, this was a relatively small amount of people in a relatively small con. They are a generally very very crowded and it is always difficult to get around some of the london cons are absolutely mental.This is isnt a stop complaining comment or anything but a heads up that it will be worse as itll be more popular next year and other cons are also pretty mental if not more.

Great event guys, managed to see everyone I wanted too and spend all my cash so total success imo :)

One of the reasons I will never do the London con is the huge numbers of people, I thought te crowd leves were ok at Cardiff. Tbh I think next years will be fine unless they get bigger guests then it could hit issues, we will just have to see in march. One thing I know for sure is my little one will be kept in her new buggy cos losing track of a child in the crowds would be very easy I kept losing te boys and that was frightening enough.