Who did you meet today?

I've been looking forward to this event for some time now and I was not disappointed when I attended today. I made my list of people I wanted to meet and have photo shoots with. First off, met Robert Englund who was fantastic, friendly and my favourite meet of the day :dance: . Next up were the 3 dwarves, John Callen, Adam Brown and Mark Hadlow who were lovely. Being a Buffy fan I of course had to meet Anthony Head and have my photo taken with him :clap: !! I also met the marines from Aliens, and some of the sports stars. Last but not least I had a photo shoot with the legend that is Brian Blessed...even got him to do the devil horns!! All in all a FANTASTIC day out for the first ever Cardiff Film and Comic Con :thumbup: .

Be interesting to hear other peoples experiences :smile:

Met David Hasslehoff, Kai Owen, Chris Rankin, John Leeson, Kenny Baker and Brian Blessed. All brilliant!

But special mention to David Hasslehoff! I paid £30 for one autograph and came away with three! My kids love him in Spongebob, so we got out 10x8 signed, then he gave them two extra postcard signed as well, plus a mask and had a photo with my daughter! The postcards he had specially made up as he is the only live character in the Spongebob movie, so children will recognise him, so therefore he is prepared when he meets kids! Best £30 I have ever spent!

• Like 2

I had a Colette Hiller 10x8 free after my fiancé paid to get his Aliens poster signed...bargain :smile:

Colette was lovely, I had an Aliens poster that I asked her to sign and she was more than happy to do another sig (and phrase) on an 8x10 as well as pose for a photo that her crew member took. Genuinely lovely person.

Also met Robert Englund briefly (it was late and his line had been moving slowly but still had a little chat), and Lance Henriksen who gave me a funny look after I accidentally implied that watching his bad guys in the 90s influenced my morality. Again, happy to pose for a quick photo too.

Shout outs to John Leeson who watched me take a photo of my friends next to K-9 as he was returning to his booth and let out a 'that... is... satisfatory'. Oh, and the Dalek who said 'Mornin!' to me when we were posing for a photo.

I managed once more to resist meeting the lovely Tony Head on this occasion. :P But I saw Robert Maschio on the Saturday (for a reshoot, which was much better than my 2012 LFCC version), and on the Sunday I met Alexander Vlahos and Miltos Yerolemou, both of whom were delightful. (Alexander was a big flirt in his photoshoots and I love the way Miltos was hugging EVERYONE by way of greeting in his shoots; some of the guys just did not know how to handle it! Heehee.)

Saturday:

I met Lance Henriksen who was my main guest for the day. I had previously met him at another event in the States 2 years ago so it was really nice to catch up with him who I could literally talk for hours with. Whilst in the queue, I was witnessing some funny moments with Robert Englund interacting with people. I love how he gets into character when they take his picture; most noticeably he shouts "TAKE THE PICTURE!!" in his Freddy voice.

I also met Alice Krige who is absolutely lovely; I think she was quite taken back knowing I had traveled all the way from London for only a couple hours to meet her and then catch my coach back. I also met the awesome James O'Barr where we had a nice long chat about the new The Crow movie that's currently in pre-production (not a reboot/remake as he made it quite clear to me).

I must say the event was so much busier than I had predicted; I spent the 1st hour queuing outside from 1pm! It's great to see these events getting more popular, can only mean bigger and better things to come in the future. Thanks for a great day for the small amount of time I had there.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions

Yeah, hearing Robert put on the Freddy voice to mess with people was awesome. Everything I ever read about him said that he was an incredibly nice person, and it definitely came across at the autograph booth. I didn't really have anything to ask/say, so only had a very brief chat but definitely a highlight of the day.

I had a feeling that despite the serious roles I mainly know Lance from that he'd have a good sense of humour, he comes across as a good dude... definitely someone you'd want to go for a pint with!

Gail Simone was my one and only on saturday and wow, just amazing!

She was so lovely and chatty and friendly and aaaaaaaaaah! Everything I hoped for being such a big fan. Unlike others we found her pretty fast (and geeked out) so went off to see what else we could buy for her to sign and then met her later on with big piles of comics :P

She was great to sign them all, we apologised for all the work lol I hope her busyness proves to SM that if you get current, bigger comic names loads of us will meet them. Hell she was the sole reason I even came to the event!

• Like 1

As i'm not into graphic novels and comics i felt a bit bad walking past all those amazing sketches/drawings etc

I'm a big TV/film freak/geek whatever you want to call me ! And mostly i prefer photo's these days to autographs as i never know what to say at the table's :/

So Saturday i had photo ops with Kai Owen (again), Fraser Hines (first time), John Leeson (first time) very lovely gentleman and Anthony Head (again). Didn't do the talk's but had photo's with ET (legend lol), Gollum (i put my gun to his head ! lol) and sat the Throne :)

Sunday i did the Doctor Who and Merlin talks which were fab. Had photo's with Kai (suprise suprise), Colin Baker (first time and don't know why i haven't met him before he's wonderful) and Alexander Vlahos (think i upset him with my back to back pose, as everyone else had side by side's. I did think he was going to say no but i think it was maybe his sense of humor as i'd never met him before so didn't know how to take him!)

I did succumb and get 3 autograph's though. I got Anthony Head's auto on a Merlin pic to go with my ones from Buffy and DW ! Kai Owen's on our photo shoot pic, funniest pic ever ! And Alexander Vlahos's auto where he called me his pose breaker lol

• Like 1