guest suggestions

malky

Any chance of getting John Levene to join Richard Franklin, Jean Marsh or a real long shot, Jackie Lane to come along on the Saturday, I'm coming down from Aberdeen for John Leeson?

Obviously Chris Eccleston, Freema Agyeman, John Barrowman, Catherine, Tate, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill would be nice but I'll not push it!

• Like 1

Any chance of getting John Levene to join Richard Franklin, Jean Marsh or a real long shot, Jackie Lane to come along on the Saturday, I'm coming down from Aberdeen for John Leeson?

Obviously Chris Eccleston, Freema Agyeman, John Barrowman, Catherine, Tate, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill would be nice but I'll not push it!

John Leesons not been announced for Glasgow mate!

Think he was there last year.

John Leesons not been announced for Glasgow mate!

Think he was there last year.

Ahh, that's the last time I copy and paste from my entry into the Newcastle event, there's always something that you forget to leave out, very embarressing!

Hi waxwork. Welcome to the forums. Bruce Campbell would be out of this world as a guest. Was gutted last year when Doug Bradley never made it to Glasgow. Got a nice hellraiser dvd set just itching for a signature. Fingers crossed this year for some big name horror guests.

• Like 1

I was disappointed about Doug too. I like to share my hatred of remakes with him Lol.

Hello and welcome along to the Glasgow forums, always great to see another Horror fan as I'm sure you can tell there's plenty of us on here.

Not so sure i would agree on "hate" of remakes it's a far too strong a word to use i feel. Though i do concur the majority are weak there's definitely a decent number of truly great remakes, just a few examples that spring to mind; Night of the Living Dead (1990), Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Fly (1986) and of course The Thing (1982) all prove there can be vast improvements made on an original concept.

I trust Clive Barker will deliver a Hellraiser that'll create a fresh and exciting take to the franchise without taking away what made the originals so fantastic.

Edited by Brian Cairns
  • Like 4

Thanks Brian! Oh absolutely, The Thing and The Fly are two of my favourites :) I think I'm just overly sensitive when Hollywood remakes our beloved classics - badly. And I know Doug is even more sensitive about it.

I hope August comes quickly - I seem to be wishing my life away waiting for Collectormania!

• Like 3

Thank you! Oh and Michael Biehn. Can't forget him. Actually pretty much anyone related to Alien or Aliens.

Yes I was disappointed about Doug too. I like to share my hatred of remakes with him Lol.

Me and my sister would love to meet Michael Biehn,fingers crossed Michael and Doug Bradley can attend glasgow this year :smile:

• Like 2

I was disappointed about Doug too. I like to share my hatred of remakes with him Lol.

Hello and welcome along to the Glasgow forums, always great to see another Horror fan as I'm sure you can tell there's plenty of us on here.

Not so sure i would agree on "hate" of remakes it's a far too strong a word to use i feel. Though i do concur the majority are weak there's definitely a decent number of truly great remakes, just a few examples that spring to mind; Night of the Living Dead (1990), Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978), The Fly (1986) and of course The Thing (1982) all prove there can be vast improvements made on an original concept.

I trust Clive Barker will deliver a Hellraiser that'll create a fresh and exciting take to the franchise without taking away what made the originals so fantastic.

i remember watching an interview with Clive barker a while back and he was showing off some awesome concept art for a new hellraiser which was out of this world. The guy has got the coolest voice in the world ever btw.

as much as id love another hellraiser film, id much prefer that some of his other 'books of blood' were adapted. I absolutely loved the midnight meat train.

Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 2

Thanks Brian! Oh absolutely, The Thing and The Fly are two of my favourites :) I think I'm just overly sensitive when Hollywood remakes our beloved classics - badly. And I know Doug is even more sensitive about it.

I hope August comes quickly - I seem to be wishing my life away waiting for Collectormania!

For a long part of my childhood i couldn't watch anything with Jeff Goldblum because one night me and a friend decided it would be a good idea to watch his dads video of the fly lol. Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator, The Pit & The Pendulum, Star Trek, etc)

Michael Van Wieck (Wolf from Gladiators)

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (License To Kill, Mortal Kombat, Babylon 5)

Janet Fielding (Doctor Who)

Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series)

And i know this is a longshot, but.....

CHRISTOPHER ECCELSTON (Doctor Who, Thor 2, The Others)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Margot kidder

marc singer

Micheal ironside

Paul mc gann......tardis shoot!!!!!!

Still game cast

rab c cast

Pamela Stevenson. ....superman 3...aka billy connellys wife!!!!

all above and some horror guests please!!

Alex Vincent

Chris Sarandon

Christine Elise

• Like 2

Hearing a lot about Carl Weathers at Newcastle and how nice a guy he is. Be great if you could get him to Glasgow. Could be doing with a big name guest announcement.

Would love to get my action jackson dvd signed ;)

• Like 1