Help a tourist out please :)

Hoping someone can help me out for the winter show, i will be attending with my sister both days and would like to know the easiest and best way to ge to the olympia venue via the tube. we will be coming from kings cross so anyone who does the same journey from kings x that knows which tube to get from there and back to there and if anychanges are needed where at id be REALLY GREATFUL. also, a rough time it would take.

thank you

I'm not on that route or the best to ask but from research, I'd say take the Picadilly line (westbound) for about 20minutes (11 stops) to Earls Court, where you can either walk 10/15mins or get the tube on the district line for one stop (about 3mins) to Kensington Olympia which is the nearest tube station to the venue :)

So total time would be about 23mins approx from kings cross to Kensington Olympia with one change :)

Edited by Jid1993
  • Like 1

From Kings Cross it's really easy. Just take the Piccadilly line down to Earls Court then change onto the district line extension that runs to Olympia (if that's running). If the extra bit isn't running then it's a walk or bus. Repeat in reverse for way back.

Thank you SO SO much guys! im alittle more relaxed now. we arrive the friday so i think we may get the tube to the olympia to check it out and just make sure we get the correct tubes etc but that sounds pretty easy and straight forward so might even leave it until the sat morn until we go

thank you again

• Like 1

Thanks for that additional info, will def look into both and see which we prefer on the morning, just glad to know it will be fairly easy to get to now as ive never been so was alittle unsure.

thanks all!

Or alternatively, you could jump on the 10 bus which will take you straight to Olympia from outside Kings Cross and back again. No changes, but a little extra journey time

Most people take the tube option to Olympia. If you are not sure when you get to Earl's Court, just look for the people in Cosplay and follow them! First time I went to Olympia, it made it easier to know I was on the right train because of them!

• Like 2

Will the trains to Olympia being running at the weekend? When I went to LFCC there in July 2012 the trains weren't running and it was a nightmare getting there because I'd planned out my route from Poole train station to Olympia and the station being closed through off my plans all together,

Will the trains to Olympia being running at the weekend? When I went to LFCC there in July 2012 the trains weren't running and it was a nightmare getting there because I'd planned out my route from Poole train station to Olympia and the station being closed through off my plans all together,

There were engineering works that weekend, the reason I ended up using the tube as those trains go direct to where I live. Hopefully they should be, on the condition there is no engineering work.

• Like 1

There were engineering works that weekend, the reason I ended up using the tube as those trains go direct to where I live. Hopefully they should be, on the condition there is no engineering work.

Thanks, Hopefully there will be no works this time then.

Thanks alot for that haha, yeah once we get to earls court if i see cosplayers ill feel alot happier that we are going the right way haha.

cant wait..just hope some more cool guests get announced.

Most people take the tube option to Olympia. If you are not sure when you get to Earl's Court, just look for the people in Cosplay and follow them! First time I went to Olympia, it made it easier to know I was on the right train because of them!

Thanks, Hopefully there will be no works this time then.

Thanks alot for that haha, yeah once we get to earls court if i see cosplayers ill feel alot happier that we are going the right way haha.

cant wait..just hope some more cool guests get announced.

You are both very welcome. I live not far from London and spend a lot of time up there so I know the tube lines and understand about the engineering works far too well! It is best to check for engineering works about two months in advance as they are usually known by then.

you'll know your heading in the right direction because the tube will be full of Wookies,Klingons, kids in manga outfits, middle aged men in star wars T-shirts and Darth Vader masks and a whole bunch of people carrying up rolled up posters and bags of plastic toys! :smile: and thats just my family :dance:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Teabelly - tube system is actually alot less difficult than you expect. Unusually for the UK it's well signposted where you need to go for correct train. You can do a route plan of the TFL website but I generally just look on the map of the most direct route. I don't live in London so don't use it regularly so it is still quite exciting for me becasue you relly feel like you have arrived in London. Only thing to be careful of is pickpockets.

• Like 1

Teabelly - tube system is actually alot less difficult than you expect. Unusually for the UK it's well signposted where you need to go for correct train. You can do a route plan of the TFL website but I generally just look on the map of the most direct route. I don't live in London so don't use it regularly so it is still quite exciting for me becasue you relly feel like you have arrived in London. Only thing to be careful of is pickpockets.

You are right on the signing! It is definitely better than the Metro in Paris. However, when it is your first time in London or heading to a specific venue, it can get overwhelming with how busy tubes can be! As for the pickpockets, never had problems myself but I am always careful with how I pack my bag!

We're going to be getting the Tube as well (on the Sunday) and Kensington Olympia appears to be open that weekend, would appreciate it if anyone has heard any different could let us know.

Any changes won't be announced for a few months yet, but I am certain if there are changes, someone on here (if I don't) will make sure it is posted.

Trains to Olympia vary depending on if there is an event or not so dont worry if it looks like none are running some weekends - there should be some on the weekend of the show. Earl's court and West Brompton are both only 5-10 mins walk away also.

We're going to be getting the Tube as well (on the Sunday) and Kensington Olympia appears to be open that weekend, would appreciate it if anyone has heard any different could let us know.

Thank you so much for that, yeah its abit hectic at first because of how busy it is all the time im sure, but with the tips etc from everyone here it seems pretty easy to get to, alot easier then i originally thought, i will take the Piccadilly line down to Earls Court then change onto the district line extension.

yeah will be careful about pick pockets too so thanks for that advice :)