Another Glasgow Collectormania later this year?

stubaru1986

I concur. It's been tried before and didn't go so well. Christmas time is expensive for families and attending this may not be top priorities even for fans who attend Glasgow every year. Personally I would attend though, if there was one but that's me being selfish lol! :thumbup:

I think we all remember the second 08 show as being a bit over kill.

I recall Showmasters writing that they lost money at that one.

I also recall that it ran from the Friday until the Sunday, with Dirk Benedict due to be there the whole time but he got food poisoning or something and didn't make it in on the Saturday.

Not great for the dealers either if it is quiet.

• Showmasters Admin

The Xmas 2008 show was terrible. The Saturday was bad with less than 1000 attendees all day if I remember correctly.

But Sunday was really bad....At about 2pm I went around the show and counted. We had more crew and dealers in the room than attendees. By 4pm we out numbered the attendees 3 to 1.

I can't see it ever happening again, sorry.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, the event was over three days as well. I can only imagine how quiet the Friday was.... :blush:

It was the show with Dirk Benedict however, one of the coolest guests ever! :coolthumb:

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

It works as a once a year show. This years show took a leap in the right direction and I'm sure will give Jason confidence to get more US guests like Robert and Lance over for it.

This year is what Jason has been waiting for, it was that point were awareness of the show has grown to a level were it's bringing in enough people who are buying autographs to justify the risk of gambling on more big guests.

• Like 3

The main reason I initially decided to go was to meet the guests (Lance and Robert mostly) and I know a few folk who were going for that very same reason.

That being said, I had an absolute blast and will definitely be returning next year. It was nice reminiscing over all the old toys I used to own (which had I still owned would probably make me a small fortune lol).

I didn't realise the Dec 2008 convention was over 3 days, I have cool memories of the sat though, meeting Dirk Benedict was awesome, great guy and Caroline Monroe was lovely, there would be no point in doing another xmas one if showmasters are losing money however.