Omg it's been heaving all day!

touchthesky

Many congratulations to the Showmasters team- my daughter and I had a great day at Collectormania!

It was fun getting photos with the Rebel Legion characters and Judge Purge (he is the law!).

Alice Krige was lovely, Robert Llewellyyn was a gentleman and a scholar (as was David Warner), Lance Henriksen was friendly and cool, Dave Prowse IS Darth Vader and Robert Englund was fun and crazy!

Sure it was busy at times, but a wee bit of hustle and bustle is all part of the fun!

It was my daughter's first "convention" experience and she was so happy- thanks to all of the above for being so nice with her.

Well done from a proud Glaswegian :-)

• Like 2

Yeah, one in-one out system seemed to be in place. That is mental. Plus very crazy waiting to get into talks, before it was quite easy to walk out once it had finished to walk straight back in again without too much hassle, very surprised to see huge crowds waiting on the next talk before the last one was even over.

Definitely not a good space for mobility scooters etc, many moms & dads with buggies too that seemed to be stuck in corners with nowhere to move.

I know it goes against my previous statement of keeping it in Braehead though this can no longer be thought of as "that quiet show", the event has definitely gone mainstream, with many first timers and folk coming from long journeys you can expect more of the same if not even more attending. The fans are in force in Scotland it really wasn't ever in question, just many didn't bother with there local "small" show over the big guest draw and huge amounts of dealers you have in the main events like LFCC. I don't think you can really consider Braehead Area a viable option if your wishing to continue growing the event, it does seem like it's time to find a new venue. It's a bit of a shame in some ways, though i guess it was always a case of waiting for GCM's real time to shine, that time is now.

As others have stated i look forward to hearing how well Glasgow did overall (I'm kinda guessing it's blown all other GCMs records to date) and how you see the event reaching the next stage.

A part of me will miss the small quiet show, though the level of energy and excitement was something else, that was simply infectious. The most crazy and in a lot of ways most fun GCMs I've been to yet, keep up the amazing work and congratulations on finally helping Glasgow find it's voice.

Amazing day, amazing people. The dealer who used to run Scottsman's models still a moany old bar steward! A1 Comics were great, by theway! Big David and his crew worked wonders. Great celebs too! Prowse in good mood and out and about (sonebody customise his crutches to incorporate red lighsabers?!) while David Warner, Alice Krige were class acts and Robert Lewellyn was a friggin star!

Bigger venue may be needed in future - replace the guy with the dodgy print-canvas stall with an artists' alley would be a good start - but I loved the festival of geeky love. 'Big Bang Theory' is God bloofy awful but those "Uncle Trons" have created hype we freaks and geeks couldnae buy!

All guests are open queues, though i think someone said Lance needed VQ tickets for part of the day, though i reckon Robert had more folk overall the whole day. The talks were extremely popular, and they were are on top form, with Robert Englund definitely the most talkative overall, simple questions became stories though it wasn't ever boring.

I have to say I am a bit nervous but excited because I only know a few things I'm gonna say to Robert. What is the que like for Robert, is the photos on his table the ones signed or is there more beside him? Some photos I seen it seemed like people were queing at the side of him and then theres photos with people walking up to him and then I got told that there was a 1 hour wait for him. I would like to see Roberts talk tomorrow. Can kids get into the talks now?

i guess you can never predict things fully, but maybe it would have been preferable to move the most popular guests to where the artists' alley was? you'd get a few people in there, queuing in a loop, and the other guys (not inferring any disrespect here!) could be better placed in the main hall as their queues weren't as big and wouldn't choke the place up as much. other than that, yeah - simply a bigger venue is called for. i've been to a couple of the cons in the USA and the exhibition halls are enormous.

and if they're taking votes on a horror con, can i cast mine for getting John Carpenter over here? been wishing someone would do a fest of his classics and have him there for a Q&A/signing etc, for years now.

• Like 1

Everyone was great. Maybe a few muttered swearies under breath, bu we can forgive that. Only villain of the puece was the wee wifey with the empty shopping trolley which she was using as a siege engine. Had she wandered in by mistake? Or was she truly a manifestation of the dark one? Oh, and gravel-voice da who kept shouting at his shoukder-carried, pink-clad baby? Yer no right!

it was great to see it packed out yesterday,the queue for Lance Henrickson was nearly right round the arena and we could hardly move down th isles we were stuck in a isle for about 20 mins lol i dont think showmasters could have forsaw the amount of people that would attend to meet the bigger guests like Lance and Robert,if we get bigger guests next year and the event continues to grow i think we might need a bigger venue :smile:

• Like 1

The cool thing about Braehead is that the arena is part of a nice shopping centre, with a good food court. People can simply pop in (or at least they used to until the flood gates opened this year), pop out, pop back in again.

To move it somewhere else, say the secc, then it runs the risk of being stuck out there in the middle of no where.

However, the show was really busy, and if I had brought the kids I wouldn't have got moving. So a bigger hall/venue may well be in order. So it may well need to be the secc.

20 years from now it will be Hampden.

It seats over 5000. There's no reason why more seating areas could be opened up for people to sit down and rest or maybe even have more than one talk going on at the same time to get people off the actual floor but most people don't want to do that. Everybody is all for themselves, they're quite willing to stand for long periods of time in order to look at the vendor halls and spend every second they can doing what they are doing.

Edited by thewizard