Help for a 1st timer!

Andy M

Hello!

This is my first collectormania event that I will have attended. I bought an early bird ticket for Saturday 24th and a photo-shoot ticket for Robert Englund, I've been reading your forum and saw that Robert Englund is doing photo-shoots on Saturday at 2:45pm.

I don't know, what to do? Should I use early bird ticket and come early or should I come later closer to Robert Englund's photo-shoot time?

If I arrived at 10am will there be enough to keep me busy for 5 hours?

Yeah, loads to do and even though it is considered a smaller and quieter event, you'll find it is pretty busy with plenty of folk in costumes, free talks, guests signing area and loads of stalls that are sure to be packed with at least a few items you'll love, don't be scared to approach people and get to know everyone, there's plenty of regulars here that create a nice friendly community. I doubt you'll ever get bored though.

• Like 2

Lots of stuff to do and see. Every time I go to this event, I'm never not doing something. The stalls are always chalk full of the coolest things, the people who go to this event are the nicest people and so interesting. I have made many friends during and after these events. I'm sure you'll have such a great time that the time will just fly by. :)

Hello! Newbie here... how does it work with the Queues? You buy a ticket at a table and then wait for a number to be called?

I like to get 2 autographs of Robert Englund. One on my own piece and one on a photo.. How long would the Queue be you think? :)

• Showmasters Admin

At Glasgow we usually don't use the virtual queuing system as there aren't enough people in the queues to warrant it.

You will just go up and stand in line. It really depends on when you go up. Try and go see him at a busier time (like 11am-1pm) and you may find 10-15 people in the queue and it'll take 30 minutes or so. But go after 3pm and it'll likely be down to 2-3 people and you'll see him in less than 10 minutes.

You can get both done at the same time. But do remember that the autograph prices are PER autograph so you will have to pay for each one to get signed.

Thanks for the replies everone, I think I will come about 11am and start with the Star Wars talk at 11:30!

Would 30 mins before the Star Wars talk be reasonable time to get into the Braehead arena on Saturday?

Would 30 mins before the Star Wars talk be reasonable time to get into the Braehead arena on Saturday?

Depends on if your meaning that you'll be at Braehead Shopping Centre for 11:00, then you'll have loads of time to get into the area, there will be a good bit of a wait at that point to get in though shouldn't take too long.

On the other hand if your heading out for this time then i would say it'll be very tight and most likely you'll miss most if not all by the time your there as traffic will be pretty busy.