1ST CMG SILENT AUCTION rare collectables up for grabs each day

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

THE CMG

SILENT AUCTION

WE ARE PULLING OUT THE STOPPS AND THERE WILL BE SOME REALLY AMAZINGLY COOL COLLECTABLES TO BID ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY OF THE SHOW

Viewing on both days for all the weekends lots

all you need to do is register at the desk with a mobile phone number and how you want to pay then you will be given a unique number that you can use on any of the items you may wish to bid on

each lot will have a sheet of paper with the last bid written on it. if you want to make a bid just put in the amount you want to bid and your unique bid number and we will contact you at 3pm on the day your time ends if you have won

if you cannot stay until the end of the show to pay for your lots we can send them out to you at a cost but you will have to leave payment details so payment is taken that day.

we will have many very rare items, some being provided by some of the guests in attendance all up for grabs

You can bid on any item, 50% of them will ending on Saturday at 4pm and the other 50% will end on Sunday at 4pm

You will have to register if you wish to bid and you can pay cash when you pick your item up if you have the wining bid.

There are no reserves so there ARE going to be some great bargains

list of items to come very soon and there is going to be some really cool items to buy

• Like 2

I always look forward to the auction at Glasgow but the silent auction may be better here as I was rushing around at LFCC with so much to do I didn't really enjoy it and preferred an actual auction but I am looking forward to this now!

Oh noes didn't like it at lfcc you had people standing over the item sheet right up to auction closing time and I heard someone say whatever bid you put down I'm just going to put 1 pound more so I wouldn't bother everything is manic at the closing of the auction because that when the majority of the items are won by someone just putting down a pound or 2 more than you. Sure you can just put down the maximum your willing to pay for a item and leave it but you would still be pissed if you got beat by 2 pound and didn't have the opportunity to bid again because someone bids at the last second. On a plus note it is nice to see all the items I just prefer the old auction style put your hand up then if someone outbids you fair enough you know the bid and can come in again if you want and your not caught out by the sneaky last second sheet hoggers lol it not nice but this type of auction rewards this kind of bidding style. Also there is no way of knowing how much the item went for in the end unless you won it of course. Anyway I hope it works out better at Glasgow because it was a decent idea that for me didn't quite work.

A bit confused how someone could know what you bid to put in a greater bid of a few pounds unless they asked you or they were hovering over you the whole time, though in any case i actually see this working much better here.

Everyone knows what you have bid on a item you register at the desk at auction area and you are given a unique number you just write down your number on the sheet and then your bid amount so someone just looks at the sheet writes down a high number even if its by 1pence hence the reason why most things are won in the last few minutes and why you will get people hovering around the sheets so they can just outbid you straight away. Hopefully it will work better in Glasgow though.

Tbh Don't know if I will be partaking either as I am notoriously unlucky with snipers (Ebay) therefore if its like that then not even going to bother.

Edited by johnson1970

THE CMG

SILENT AUCTION

WE ARE PULLING OUT THE STOPPS AND THERE WILL BE SOME REALLY AMAZINGLY COOL COLLECTABLES TO BID ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY OF THE SHOW

Viewing on both days for all the weekends lots

all you need to do is register at the desk with a mobile phone number and how you want to pay then you will be given a unique number that you can use on any of the items you may wish to bid on

each lot will have a sheet of paper with the last bid written on it. if you want to make a bid just put in the amount you want to bid and your unique bid number and we will contact you at 3pm on the day your time ends if you have won

if you cannot stay until the end of the show to pay for your lots we can send them out to you at a cost but you will have to leave payment details so payment is taken that day.

we will have many very rare items, some being provided by some of the guests in attendance all up for grabs

You can bid on any item, 50% of them will ending on Saturday at 4pm and the other 50% will end on Sunday at 4pm

You will have to register if you wish to bid and you can pay cash when you pick your item up if you have the wining bid.

There are no reserves so there ARE going to be some great bargains

list of items to come very soon and there is going to be some really cool items to buy

so when's this auction stuff gona get confirmed so we no what's on offer ? Edited by malky

I have to say I prefer the 'old' format. It was always a bit of fun. I put in a bid for the Jeff Bridges autograph on Sunday. An hour later I noticed I had been outbid by 10p. I could have put in another bid but I left it that. What I find strange is that other people can see your bid.