Latest Event Announcement - Torchwood Tour

showmasters

any news on this tour u said friday or saturday and tomorrow most people will be busy and miss out can u at least tell us who the guest is?

Guys, we are really sorry: But as stated a number of times, the mods don't know more than what was posted here. We're not keeping updates back on purpose.

We have asked if it is possible that an announcement can be made with an approximate release time etc., but as you see that has not happened yet.

The guest for sure won't be announced until everything has been finalized, that much I can tell you. I would assume the delay is just because of that, that there hasn't been final confirmation on the guest yet. During the weekend it is always more different to reach people. It's obviously not happening as fast as SM expected.

• Like 1

no news for this tour is getting annoying now as they are dragging it out would love news and tickets today been looking at this topic every 5-20mins since friday

If you just follow the post, you won't need to keep checking it....just click follow on the top right and you'll get an email each time there is an update - much easier than checking it constantly, I'm sure... :smile:

• Like 1

just gotten off the phone from a guest that is up for doing this and we are putting together there contract as we speak so we should have the second tour up to sale ether tomorrow or the next day .

again tickets will be limited.

wow that was popular , its going to be a lot of fun :dance:

see you all soon

jason

any news on this tour u said friday or saturday and tomorrow most people will be busy and miss out can u at least tell us who the guest is?

Guys, we are really sorry: But as stated a number of times, the mods don't know more than what was posted here. We're not keeping updates back on purpose.

We have asked if it is possible that an announcement can be made with an approximate release time etc., but as you see that has not happened yet.

The guest for sure won't be announced until everything has been finalized, that much I can tell you. I would assume the delay is just because of that, that there hasn't been final confirmation on the guest yet. During the weekend it is always more different to reach people. It's obviously not happening as fast as SM expected.

Maybe SM shod not mention a possible timescale then in future. When people put "either tomorrow or the next day" people expect to see it on there. It's purely good customer service to keep to something you say. If you are not sure then don't put it, then people don't get annoyed and disappointed!

• Like 1

Maybe SM shod not mention a possible timescale then in future. When people put "either tomorrow or the next day" people expect to see it on there. It's purely good customer service to keep to something you say. If you are not sure then don't put it, then people don't get annoyed and disappointed!

They gave a timeframe because last time people complained that there was no timeframe given. Damn if they do, damn if they don't.

They gave a timeframe because last time people complained that there was no timeframe given. Damn if they do, damn if they don't.

So a timeframe was given which wasn't kept to - working in customer service I was taught never to give false promises or give misleading information out. It's nothing to do with dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Pure courtesy to follow through on something you say!

• Moderators

So a timeframe was given which wasn't kept to - working in customer service I was taught never to give false promises or give misleading information out. It's nothing to do with dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Pure courtesy to follow through on something you say!

Nothing to do with courtesy. What if they thought something was going to be ready and it ended up not being? They're not psychic.

As QS says, people moan if there's not timeframes, and yet when they try to do it, people moan constantly about that too.

When it's something that isn't under their control i.e. a guest getting back to them, then it's hardly their fault.

• Like 1

Hmm, seems to be a little misunderstanding here. I have just read the posts from Jason and it quite clearly states that the contract was being "put together" and details "should" be posted "tomorrow or the next day".

At no time did Jason specify that the details "would" be posted "tomorrow or the next day", but "should".

All Jason has done, as it appears to myself, is indicate that a posting of details should be forthcoming. At no point did I get the impression that it would be posted within the two days stated.

It is a common thread on these forums for as long as I can remember that announcements are only made when contracts are signed. In this case, Jason has indicated that an unnamed host has verbally agreed to do the second Torchwood Tour, that the contract was being drawn up and that details should be posted within a couple of days.

Has anyone considered that the unnamed host has yet to sign and return the contract to Jason, thus preventing the final details being posted?

• Like 2

Hmm, seems to be a little misunderstanding here. I have just read the posts from Jason and it quite clearly states that the contract was being "put together" and details "should" be posted "tomorrow or the next day".

At no time did Jason specify that the details "would" be posted "tomorrow or the next day", but "should".

All Jason has done, as it appears to myself, is indicate that a posting of details should be forthcoming. At no point did I get the impression that it would be posted within the two days stated.

It is a common thread on these forums for as long as I can remember that announcements are only made when contracts are signed. In this case, Jason has indicated that an unnamed host has verbally agreed to do the second Torchwood Tour, that the contract was being drawn up and that details should be posted within a couple of days.

Has anyone considered that the unnamed host has yet to sign and return the contract to Jason, thus preventing the final details being posted?

This is exactly right! Nothing was guaranteed/promised by Jason. I think some people are reading too much into his posts. The hope was within a couple of days but so much can delay these things! Some patience and perspective is needed. Be grateful that a second chance at a tour is even possible! I'd thought I'd missed out after the first one, so try to appreciate Jason's efforts and look forward to the fab weekend this will surely be :-)

• Like 1

they better put tickets on sale before the 16th as thats the last day for international peeps can buy from the shop and there might be some people overseas wanting to buy the tickets for this tour

Every effort is being made that the tickets go on sale as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the Torchwood tour on Saturday - Kai was very funny and kept things really entertaining and my photo came out really good so I was dead chuffed about that! :-)

I'm going to have to get myself the Torchwood DVDs now so that I can try and match the photos I took with some of the places we saw! :-)

Thanks to everyone for a great evening! Hope there's another one next year! :-D

- G

• Like 1

Have positive and non positive comments re the Saturday tour.

Enjoyed the coach part of the TW Tour especially Kai being Kai - do think there should have been a microphone though as normally a coach tour would have the guide at the front with a mic so everyone can see and hear.

Loved the photo - brill idea - shame when they were handed out at the end the people giving them out put their fingerprints all over them. Maybe look at a better way of doing this for future.

Unfortunately, I don't think the walking tour worked as well as it should have. On a walking tour you have people of all abilities and speed re walking. I think I managed to see and hear Kai point out just a couple of things. I live in an historical village and walking tours are held regularly with similar numbers to the TW tour. The guide normally waits for the group to gather before giving out the details. On the TW tour this didn't happen and several people were missing out on the location/information. I don't know whether this improved on the Sunday tour but again for future I hope more consideration is given to this.

I think the TW tours have the potential to be epic if improvements are made for future ones