Latest Event Announcement - Torchwood Tour

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

To celebrate Showmasters' newest convention, Cardiff Film and Comic con is proud to host it's first Torchwood Tour.

This will be a unique experience as the tours compere will be none other than our good friend Kai Owen.

You all know Kai as Gwen's devoted husband Rhys Williams in the show. Kai is a popular regular guest to both our Showmasters shows and also the Massive Events “The Hub”. He is an entertaining guest and just a great guy to take you on the tour.

The first part of the tour will begin on an Executive coach where you can enjoy a beer while Kai points out key locations around the beautiful Welsh Capital city, such as:

* The Castle where Gwen watches the meteors land on Cardiff, also a key site in many Dr Who episodes.

* The warehouse where Rhys takes a bullet saving Gwen and the alien in “Meat”

* The beautiful Pier Tosh and Tommy walk along in “To the Last man”

* The bus will drive through the streets used in key scenes, for example where Gwen ran through after Jack drugged her with Retcon in “Everything Changes”

And many more!

The second part of the tour is centered around the all-important “The Hub”- at Cardiff’s vibrant waterfront - Mermaid Quay in Cardiff Bay.

Have a professional photograph taken with Kai on the secret entrance to Torchwood at the famous water tower. Your 6x9 prints of your photo op with Kai will even be ready for you once the tour has finished.

You can then walk around the most famous locations seen in Torchwood, such as:

* The tourist Information center – now a permanent shrine to Ianto Jones.

* Roald Dahl Plass, where Martha Jones says goodbye to the Torchwood team in “Reset”.

* Sit on the actual steps of the Senedd Building to recreate the poignant scene where Rhys, with his strapped up arm after taking the bullet, chats to Gwen about how his life has changed now that he knows about aliens in “Meat”.

* Walk along the waterfront – many many scenes were set there, including Owen diving off into the water in “A Day in the Death”

* Visit the Pizza Place Gwen buys from as her cover story to get into Torchwood for the first time.

We have many more locations for you to visit at Mermaid Quay.

The Tour will start at 5:45pm on Saturday and will last approximately 2 hours. Pick up and Drop off will be at the Motorpoint Arena

The cost for all of this will be £29.99 Per Person.

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW

Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to spend the evening chatting with Kai about all things Torchwood.

does the shop change if tickets are getting low? need gf to let me know whether to book for her brother as well or not :/

There is no notification on the shop if they run low. Sometimes a post is made on the forum when it happens. However it is quite possible for x amount of tickets to sell in one minute so there is not always time to post a warning.

Edit: I was slow.

Edited by 1of2

sitting here waiting to see if I need 2 or 3 :/ I'll risk either ending up with a spare ticket if I assume he wants one or have to book his later and pay postage twice :/

edit: booked 2 :D guess I'll just have to pay the extra £2.50 postage if it turns out a) he wants to go and b ) there's still tickets later on!

Edited by rainbow_tardis