The Twelve Doctor will unvailed on Sunday - now unvailed

Starbug

The rule of a new actor being cast is generally if it's the bookies favourite, then it won't be that person. When have you ever know speculation by the majority(including bookies) to be right. It's not like it's based on them seeing Capaldi going for an audition or anything, it's only based on people looking at him and thinking 'he'd make a good Doctor'. People have said that about countless actors for 50 years and the announcement is almost always a complete suprise

• Like 1

I do think Peter Capaldi would make an interesting choice as the Doctor, but I think a lot of the speculation came from info on his Wikipedia page which was misinterpreted.

All will be revealed on Sunday. Looking forward to it. One of the great thing imo with Doctor Who is that we do get such a great range of different actors playing the role , all of which bring something different to it, that in itself keeps the show fresh and whilst it is sad always to see a Doctor go I think there is a lot of sense in getting a new Doctor every 3 seasons, although I think a bigger question to be resolved in the not too distant future will be what happens when the Doctor uses up all the regenerations !

I know what you mean about ignoring the bookies. Anyway, Capaldi's already been in it - wasn't he L. Caecilius Iucundus in Fires of Pompeii? And how great is it that Who now draws so many great cast that the first dozen or so names mentioned have all already been in it!

I agree about an unknown as well - Matt Smith was just the same when he was cast and he's really made the role his own. If they go for a name, my money's on Ben Wishaw.

forgot to mention its going to be a live announcement on bbc 1 hosted by Zoe Ball just trying to work out what show its called

The show is on at 7 tonight and is called,

Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor.

It's just over half an hour long so not too much a wait to find out.

Congratulations to him for getting the part of the 12th Doctor. Can I be the first to say, I hope SM can getting to a signing event very soon. If anyone is able to tempt the new Doctor to a con then it'll be you guys! :thumbup: We should pace a bet on how long it'll take before he attends one, lol!

• Like 1

I know this is a huge announcement, but can we possibly keep the discussion to one topic please? I've already merged three. Makes the whole thing much easier. ;)

queen, could you unpin the closing time ep thread and pin latest who youve watched thread?