Guest announcement coming on friday at 6 pm you will never guess

Guessing is fun! .. as long as people don't start sulking when they're not right :P

That's the problem I have with these guessing games nowadays because you KNOW some people will get annoyed and they will post their annoyance on the forums and the forum mods will have to delete posts and lock threads all while expressing surprise that some people are acting that way. Despite it happening every time, Showmasters always act surprised and shocked. You'd think a lesson might have been learned by now ... but, no.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Guessing is fun! .. as long as people don't start sulking when they're not right :P

That's the problem I have with these guessing games nowadays because you KNOW some people will get annoyed and they will post their annoyance on the forums and the forum mods will have to delete posts and lock threads all while expressing surprise that some people are acting that way. Despite it happening every time, Showmasters always act surprised and shocked. You'd think a lesson might have been learned by now ... but, no.

Or maybe the majority of people enjoy the fun of guessing without getting over excited.

Fact is if it's not a guest you're not interested in then move along and get on with your life. I do, and most others do, and to be honest it just doesn't matter. It's not life changing.

If some people could just chill out, have a random guess, and be done with it then there's no problem. It's not hurting anyone so I see no reason why SM should have to stop it just because a few people overreact unnecessarily.

• Like 3

Maybe, but it's not much to hope that people would show a bit of decency when it's not who they want, and respect SM, the guest and the fans who are happy.

• Like 1

Or maybe the majority of people enjoy the fun of guessing without getting over excited.

Fact is if it's not a guest you're not interested in then move along and get on with your life. I do, and most others do, and to be honest it just doesn't matter. It's not life changing.

If some people could just chill out, have a random guess, and be done with it then there's no problem. It's not hurting anyone so I see no reason why SM should have to stop it just because a few people overreact unnecessarily.

I agree but that's not the world we live in. :-)

People ARE going to over-react. People will post annoyance on the forum. People will get angry. You know it's going to happen.

Should it happen? No, of course not. But that's not the point; the point is it WILL happen. And Showmasters keep encouraging it, time after time after time.

People ARE going to over-react. People will post annoyance on the forum. People will get angry. You know it's going to happen.

Should it happen? No, of course not. But that's not the point; the point is it WILL happen. And Showmasters keep encouraging it, time after time after time.

As long as people continue to post in these threads, Showmasters will continue to post them. And quite rightly so. There's no reason why they should pander to a couple of ill-mannered cretins throwing a tantrum because they didn't get the guest they wanted.

• Like 3

Michael Keaton :D Oh wait, he is Batman, so to me that would be BIG guest

That would be awesome as he's definitely on my 'wish list'! :-) I think he's in the new Robocop movie though so I'd guess he'd be busy with stuff to do with that.

- Gord

• Showmasters Admin

As long as people continue to post in these threads, Showmasters will continue to post them. And quite rightly so. There's no reason why they should pander to a couple of ill-mannered cretins throwing a tantrum because they didn't get the guest they wanted.

My favorite quote from Aaron Sorkin's Newsroom - "I’m too old to be governed by fear of dumb people." – Charlie Skinner.

• Like 2