Guest Announcement John Wreford Star wars, Dr Who

showmasters

Middle image shows John Forgeham as Gunnery Chief Officer Hija (on the right) the other character is Gunnery Commander Bolvan. Is this who the actor played?

No the middle picture is of John Wreford who played Lt Hija. John Forgeham actually played Bolvan, I think over the years he's not been to sure which character he played and has said he played Hija thinking he did.

Hmmm. Wookipedia still has John down as Hija. Mystery. You would think he could recognise a pic of himself from behind?

Middle image shows John Forgeham as Gunnery Chief Officer Hija (on the right) the other character is Gunnery Commander Bolvan. Is this who the actor played?

No the middle picture is of John Wreford who played Lt Hija. John Forgeham actually played Bolvan, I think over the years he's not been to sure which character he played and has said he played Hija thinking he did.

Hmmm. Wookipedia still has John down as Hija. Mystery. You would think he could recognise a pic of himself from behind?

I wouldn't trust everything you read on Wookipedia, it's like wikipedia and Imdb, there not always accurate as people can upload their own information. Also it was many years ago that John worked on Star Wars, it's also not a big role that he's going to remember. I'm sure he remembers alot of his other work compared to the probably 1 day he spent on Star Wars with his back to the camera. I've seen it with other actors from Star Wars, James Bond etc who can't remember exactly who they played. I'm sure John Wreford is Hija and John Forgeham as Bolvan.

That's not him from the Dalek film either! You've got the wrong robber. He plays the one who coshes Bernard Cribbins in the opening of the film. Also, it is not his first ever signing. He did a very successful one for Fantom Films when the BluRay came out a few months ago.

Edited by steviegr

• Moderators

Correct, Wreford was Hija and Forgeham was Bolvan.

At previous events Forgeham either guessed or was told by fans that he played Hija. However, we have since found the call sheet in the K/J Archive which confirms which role was who, although obviously the character names were invented at a later date. The call sheet credits Wreford as 'Pilot' and Forgeham as 'Captain'. The shooting script was then used to confirm that the Pilot's lines are Hija's and the Captain's are Bolvan's.

Hope that clears this up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

John doesn't have this on his IMDB page, and I've seen suggestions on other SW reference sites that Bolvan was played by an actor called David Fennell. Is there any way of clearing up who John Wreford portrayed in Star Wars, or is it definite that he was Bolvan or indeed Hija?

Very confusing this! :)

• Moderators

John doesn't have this on his IMDB page, and I've seen suggestions on other SW reference sites that Bolvan was played by an actor called David Fennell. Is there any way of clearing up who John Wreford portrayed in Star Wars, or is it definite that he was Bolvan or indeed Hija?

Very confusing this! :)

The David Fennell name came from John Forgeham, he told a few people at one of the shows he attended that the guy next to him could have been David Fennell. He said that he knew David for a long time and that they could never work out where they first met. When asked who was next to him he jumped to the conclusion that he must have met David on SW as the time frame fit and so he gave that name to fans. He did not actually remember David being there, nor is there any evidence that David had anything to do with Star Wars.

The call sheet for the scene names John Wreford alongside John Forgeham. John Wreford remembers doing the scene and working with John Forgeham. John Wreford played Hija.

As for imdb, firstly it is a very unreliable resource to start with. Secondly, it is impossible to add or correct credits for Star Wars and has been for some time. They locked them because of all the false information being submitted. Actors such as Chris Muncke, who were uncredited on the actual film, have tried to no avail to get their credits to appear. The Star Wars credits that do appear on imdb are inaccurate and incomplete.

Edited by swsigsuk
Late night post mistake
  • Like 1