The thing i find about these conventions...

...is how old our tv/movie stars have become - and how old I myself am becoming! Still i don't think it's a bad thing as it adds something that i can't find the word for as well as being nostalgic.

I feel those of us in our mid-30's into our late 40's (in general) have lived through and experienced the best TV/movie times especially for sci-fi. Don't you think so?

• Like 1

But then in 20 or 30 years the people who are younger will be saying the same thing.. Im not bothered that the actors have got older as more than likely they have been in other stuff I like.. Like Tony HEad has been in Merlin and Warehouse 13, Nana Visitor is in Torchwood so alot of the actors I love have done alot more than the original show I loved them in

its when you see the likes of Peter Mayhew in a wheelchair or Dave Prowse with a stick or Danny Glover needing to rest aftr photoshoots that yeah I think you kind of forget that they are getting older. probably because we deny that we ( and our childhood) are getting older!!!

I know what you mean !

Having been going to shows since the 1990s, certainly stars like Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse are now looking a lot older, but then you stop and think and think, oh no, so am I !

I think we've been privileged to be around since the start of some of these great franchises, for example many people of my age saw Star Wars as a kid and have been part of this wonderful world since 1977. I must admit I never thought as a kid though I would one day meet the actors , as that Galaxy did certainly seem a long long way away !

What has been fantastic for me has been having the opportunity to meet the Batman I grew up watching on TV, Adam West or the Star Trek Captain that I used to sit and watch with my Dad on TV , William Shatner. With the advent of the Internet and more international travel, it has at least in terms of perception made the world seem a smaller place. Hollywood was for most people in Europe at least as mythical a place as some of the mythical places it featured in its films, now we can have the pleasure of meeting film actors like Christopher Lloyd, Danny Glover, even Burt Reynolds, I still can't quite get my head around that one !

• Like 1