Latest Guest Announcement - JULIAN GLOVER

Been waiting for him to come around again, looks like I'll be getting a photo, game of thrones 8x10, game of thrones poster, game of thrones mounted picture, Star Wars 8x10, Star Wars poster, Indiana jones 8x10 and Harry platter 8x10!! :D

You could make this a family event - his wife Isla was in Dr. Who and was Mrs. Donovan in Indiana Jones. His son is going to be big news by playing William Russel / Ian Chesterton in An Adventure in Space and Time, although that's not likely to be shown til November so maybe a little early to get him.

• Like 1

You could make this a family event - his wife Isla was in Dr. Who and was Mrs. Donovan in Indiana Jones. His son is going to be big news by playing William Russel / Ian Chesterton in An Adventure in Space and Time, although that's not likely to be shown til November so maybe a little early to get him.

His daughter in law has been in Doctor Who too.

• Moderators

can you please have and 8x10 photo on the table of aragog the spider from harry potter.

As with any guest, we cant guarantee a particular photo sorry. He may have some but you might be safer bringing your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for me, Julian has been in so many many excellent things and I am very excited by this announcement.

But if I get the chance to go on the Sunday - I will see him for one thing more than anything else.

A Sci Fi movie. But its not Star Wars!

No, in fact in my humble honest opinion possibly the best British Sci Fi movie ever made (though no doubt others will disagree vehemently) :D

Quatermass and the Pit from 1967 and Julian's major role as died in the wool Colonel Breen, bristling fantastically with Andrew Keir's Quatermass in all their scenes up until his crispy end. Ironically playing a character much older than his real age i would think, but then Hammer always knew how to make the most of young(ish) talent.

Many younguns might not like its (comparatively) slow pace when compared to modern action movies, but the slow burning chill, and the setpieces gradually building up one wratchet at a time to the big ending, is what I still find genuinely unnerving. Watch each of the workmen leaving the ship after their terrifying (off-screen) experiences, or the police sergeant in the house sweating with nicely underplayed fear and tell me you don't feel those nerves going on edge... :eek:

My 2pence worth. (Sorry for the long post)

Edited by Sir Jim