this years Auction , what are your thoughts ?

I thought it was a great idea, and it was run exactly like silent auctions I've been to in the past so the format works. Sadly for me the only thing that caught my eye got too expensive for me. I think this is better than the non-silent auction which can get a bit hectic and hands not seen etc. I hope to see it like this again in the future!

• Like 1

Setup an eBay style page so people can bid even from mobile devices and keep tabs without running about

Could just run it on eBay, ending live at the show.

But then people not attending the show could bid for it. It also means people without mobile devices can't bid.

I preferred this format to sitting in one of the talk rooms, as it meant that you don't have to sit around for the whole auction waiting to find out if there is something you want. I also liked that there were quality prop items rather than just event t-shirts and pictures.

But then people not attending the show could bid for it. It also means people without mobile devices can't bid.

But people without mobile devices couldn't bid on this auction as you had to provide a mobile number when you registered to bid. I know I'm a freak but I don't have a mobile :eek: so couldn't bid.

Setup an eBay style page so people can bid even from mobile devices and keep tabs without running about

Could just run it on eBay, ending live at the show.

only if properly listed on ebay - just listed as SMLOT001 etc, with local collection only, they wouldn't exist outside the building. Of course this way would never happen - since eBay would want fees.

to be honest the items were extremely brilliant but the bidding process was not ideal i prefer a straight forward auction instead of having previous bids on show and way out of the price range of many people the concept was brilliant but for people like myself some prefer having a specific time and having an old fashioned auction

I wanted to hang around for the auction but didn't know if it was on Friday (considering how long the event was on) and wanted to look into it and stuff but I ended up completely forgetting about it lol I would of probably been too exhausted anyway, with having only 4hrs sleep and a long journey lol

• 2 weeks later...

My only real complaint is I'm still waiting for my COA which was promised which sadly if I don't get I wont be doing any more of the auctions.

Have you had your COA arrive yet? Im still waiting on mine from Chevron 8.0, and had no reply to the emails i've sent regarding this

• 1 month later...

My only real complaint is I'm still waiting for my COA which was promised which sadly if I don't get I wont be doing any more of the auctions.

Have you had your COA arrive yet? Im still waiting on mine from Chevron 8.0, and had no reply to the emails i've sent regarding this

Are all items won, meant to be getting a COA as I would really like one for my item.

Are all items won, meant to be getting a COA as I would really like one for my item.

Well i think so since when i was at chevron they couldnt tell me which episode my piece had been in but they would find out and give me a COA, I was told that i would get one sent out to me, but so far i havent had anything and my emails go unanswered.

Edited by JayJay

• 2 months later...