3 very important points

• Showmasters Admin

1 we are in Earls Court for next year and what ever Boris says no one has signed off on pulling the

building down so as Wembley took 5 years to get taken down so i think we will be at this venue for a

few more years yet :-), and remember we already use Olympia and that will be our new home if and

when Earls court is developed , so do not worry we have a home :-)

2 we do not control the no posed photo rule at our events

we DO NOT implement a no photos ruling to try to make more money from the pro photo ops

we work with the guests to make sure you the fans are treated well and fair and sometimes when

a guests line is getting to long to see everyone with a photo at the table ruling still in place we have

to weigh up if we are to close the line and cut off fans that have come along way to meet a guest or

put in place a no photo ruling that will allow many more people to meet the guest and get their

autograph. we will also point out the line is for a autograph not a free photo at the table and there

are many people that just want that a autograph. so if a guest is at this point then this is a option the

guest has to help meet more of the fans , and that is also a important point , its up to the guest not us

we just give the guest the options.

i feel this is important to take the time to explain this as we keep hearing its down to us and we are

doing this to make more money, when in fact it is not down to the show and also a lot of the income

from photo ops go's to the guests and not the show .

and of course a guests can just not be feeling well or have a condition that affects there eyes ?

3 for the winter LFCC we are planning to make it a big one also so get ready for it and put it in our

diary as you will not want to miss the guests we are working on, we here some people say if i had

known that these guests were going i would have tried to come , well you know we are working on

making this one another big one ok ;-)

hope this helps

yours

jason

• Like 6

I think what was slightly frustrating about the most recent LFCC was that there were some guests that had a 'no videos, no photos' sign and I thought that was a pity. The reason being that it is nice to have a photo of the guest signing your item.

I realise some guests might have a sign that says 'no posed photos' at their table but not allowing a photo to be taken of the guest signing is a little annoying.

I am not in any way trying to put down the event or Showmasters here but just saying that I thought this was a bit of a shame that some guests or their associates implemented this.

1) It being Britain probably tek 15 years just get main stuff done then another 5 to finish off the little jobs :angel: So oodles of time really!

2) The whole 'no-posed/none of any kind photos' being a deliberate ploy by SM make people buy photo-shoots is something which will continue come up until doomsday!! It's virtually guaranteed to be mentioned in posts during/after a show that the board wouldn't be quite the same without them :whistling:

3) So the plan is to mek it a big 'un but only going have the 2 days for it. Hmmmmm..............

question regarding your photos comments and it is just a question and not a finger pointing excercise

where does the decision come from to have a no photos sign up for guests who are not busy and may have even been happy to do such photos the previous days?

I will always understand it with guests struggling to get to meet everyone but when people are sitting twiddling their thumbs it just seems odd

I think I prefer Olympia for two reasons; 1) the wonderful spacious balcony upstairs where you can chill out when the crowds are getting to you 2) the accessable sit-down cafe/sandwich areas ~ people over the age of 30 do need to sit on a chair ya know... ;)

• Like 4

• Showmasters Admin

question regarding your photos comments and it is just a question and not a finger pointing excercise

where does the decision come from to have a no photos sign up for guests who are not busy and may have even been happy to do such photos the previous days?

I will always understand it with guests struggling to get to meet everyone but when people are sitting twiddling their thumbs it just seems odd

"no photo" or "no videoing" on quieter guests is never instigated by the show.

I guess it is somewhat disappointing when a guest says no photos at all (including those that are not posed) but then again I think I'd get pretty damn sick of cameras flashing in my face all the time. It makes sense, especially for those guests that may be more introverted or simply dislike having their picture taken all the time.

It could be something completely else. One guest who's usually more than happy to take pictures had a knee injury when I met him the first time. Try getting up and down with a bad knee a certain amount of times over a day and you'll eventually pull the plug.

Had a photo-Op in Photo Area C and like many others found the print was VERY dark...so much so that my t-shirt (changed colour to BLACK!!) Spoke to crew member and said I was not happy with quality for a 'professional' photo Op, he told me to speak to pit boss, explained situation to her. She agreed colour was different but would speak to photographer. Apparently, the colours are correct on the camera but the printer was the problem. So i'm left with a dark 'professional' photo op, and want to know whether I get a refund or a free JPEG which will look as it should. Leave it up to Jason to decide whether to ignore this again.

the darkness or over exposure on the shoot prints is a constant issue, more so since the changeover of systems and photographers. hearing its the printers and not the the camera settings or lighting settings is very interesting. is this true showmasters?

I saw tonys photo, I had mentioned to him prior the darkness in that areas photos as we went in for sarahs photo behind one another, his brown tshirt did indeed look jet black in the photo shoot print.

this is also where I got reedus, so with him in big shades, baseball cap and a black top, i thought it was £30 slightly wasted. HOWEVER reedus was a really nice guy.

When I compare the prints I received from the show and the digital ones - There is a difference in the exposure for the worse on those from the show. I love the prints but anything that can be done to keep them as close to the actual images taken by the photographer the better.

• Like 1

Totally understand about the no photos sign. I think I was just annoyed as I was reliably informed that the guest was one of those usually more than willing to do it, so was very disappointed that I had chosen to risk not getting the photoshoot.

I totally understand the "no posed photos" policy on bigger guests. Without that, queues will just last for hours... The "no flash" policy as well. Who would want to be flashed non-stop for 3 days? Still no photos at all is ridiculous and not very respectful of persons who paid 30 £ for an auto. If the guest doesn't want you to take a photo when you're in front of him, at least it would be nice to allow one quick photo when we're queueing. I don't see any problem with that. This year in Jason Momoa's queue there was this lady ready to bark on anyone who gets his hand close to his mobile phone/Camera, and that was very unpleasant.

Edited by Vonsid

I don't agree with the reasoning for the second point made. Now a guest I would love to have had a photo with was quite had no one else arround to see him, I could tell he was also dissapointed that no photo was allowed as the member of staff reminded him that I couldn't get a photo with him.

Now I can see this being an issue set by a third party outside of both the guest and showmasters controll but this is something that could be worked on. If the guest is willing and no one else is about to see him/ her let people have an option to pay extra at the table just for an unprofessional photo with a regular camera. I was however able to get a photo with a more busy guest on the day at the table and that was great.

I didn't like being turned away for a video with Charles Martinet, having been messed about the day prior being told to come back again and again to then finding late Sunday that a sign had been added to get through the queue.

I don't know how many paid for his autographs but I spent the max allowed, I was pleased that I decided the day before to book a photoshoot ticket so I didn't miss out on a photo with him that was more luck on my part for making such a decision and a worthwhile one at that.

So in conclussion the second point is part true as it was the case with Charles Martinet, not suprised as he was doing first free or 3 for £10 I got four things signed as I wanted one to send of to a friend.

I had £20 at the ready but was very pleased to only have had to spend £10 and got four things as it must be 3 paid for £10 and the free one wasnt counted into that so that was awesome :D

Second point make it more in depth and explain even when quite and the guest seems willing to still be turned down?

Also nothing around Olympia pub wise for a lunch time feed and drink before going back to LFCC for the afternoon sessions.
Well there's a few listed here. Back in the day, before Punch Taverns/Bass completely screwed the concept, what is now the Beaconsfield was the Friagte & Firkin and a jolly fine boozer with decent food; it seems it may no longer be quite so good. The Hand & Flower has always been dependable, if unspectacular, even in its days as Harvey Floorbangers, and the Crown & Sceptre is usually fairly acceptable if a little prciey. I've had decent fare at the Havelock too, although I haven't been there for several years.

Great idea to have a Winter LFCC, whilst I thought the Entertainment and Media Shows have been excellent in London, I think it was always a bit of a challenge to sell the show off the back of that title. The LFCC is now an established London event and to have a Summer and Winter one makes sense and gives us just about enough time to save up our pennies again ! The atmosphere was so good at this years LFCC , the numbers of people, the great guests , the fantastic cosplayers, it really felt the show had come of age.

So, I'm looking forward to a great start to October and another fantastic show.