What kind of numbers attend Autographica?

cunningham1471

Hi,

I know that this is near impossible, but can anyone give me a best guess estimate of the number of people that attend Autgraphica?

I've only done the LFCC and that draws tens of thousands, last weekend 80,000+. I know this event doesn't draw anything close to that, likely not even a third of that.

I'm thinking of coming to this event and am trying to work out if I need to stop over Friday night or if I can come up early Saturday morning from London hitting the hotel about 9am and get to see the people I am interested in.

The numbers are nowhere near as many as LFCC. I don't know the exact numbers but I'd estimate it to be around 2000 for the whole weekend. Although there may be more with the boxers in attendance, they are always a big draw.

It's up to you about when you travel up, if you did arrive on the Friday there is a drinks reception that I think you can still buy a ticket for. I would think you could arrive on the Saturday morning & have plenty of time to meet everyone you would like to. A very quick search shows a train from Euston at 07:03 arriving into Birmingham Int at 08:13 for £7.50, with a return train for as little as £6.00.

Hi Gaffer,

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at possibly doing the earlier train on Saturday, but it makes the day even longer as I would have to be up and out at 5.30 to get to Euston. Owing to disability speed walking and lots of standing about does me no favours at all, so a long day takes it out of me.

It's a shame that the price of hotels in general are so steep it really adds up the overall cost or I would have stayed over for sure.

I'm toying with the idea of doing the "are you nuts run" and travelling up and back to London and doing the same again on Sunday, but the cost of the travel for both days is less than one night in a hotel or B&B for one night.

I remember going to Earl's court for one con a year or two back, seeing the queue snake all the way around the building, no apparent organisation to it, thinking 'sod that' and turning round and taking the train straight back to Brum. True!

Autographica is a LOT less busy, much more relaxed and easy going, you have plenty of space to move around, and more time with the celeb's - the queues are rarely massively long.

If you're staying over, Birmingham city centre is 15 minutes away on the train where you'll find the usual cheapo places to stop - etap etc.

There are later trains getting to Birmingham Int for around 10:00 for a similar price. I don't know who or how many guests you are planning to meet but you'll find Autographica a lot more relaxed then LFCC so getting to meet everyone shouldn't be a problem. I would even suggest that arriving around midday wouldn't be too much of a problem for you.

This may very well get deleted/edited by the mods but there are many cheaper hotels near the airport, another quick search found a hotel for £31 for Friday night. And as Ted suggests you could stay in Birmingham city centre Friday night and travel across on Saturday (at this rate I'm going to start my own travel firm!!!).

Edited by 18blue78

Thank you Ted and 18blue78.

I'll decide nearer the time if I'm going to stay up there overnight, when I know who is appearing which days. I'm going for the Space 1999 and the Bond women. It's annoying that Nicholas Smith is Sunday only.

If more names are added and it makes it worth staying Sat-Sun I'll consider it. I just wish I was interested in boxing. I may even know who half of them are.

Thank you Ted and 18blue78.

I'll decide nearer the time if I'm going to stay up there overnight, when I know who is appearing which days. I'm going for the Space 1999 and the Bond women. It's annoying that Nicholas Smith is Sunday only.

If more names are added and it makes it worth staying Sat-Sun I'll consider it. I just wish I was interested in boxing. I may even know who half of them are.

This event is very different to LFCC, but certain guests can still be fairly busy. Based on the guest list I would say Evander Holyfield and Gene Cernan would be the two busiest guests, so if you are not after them , that should give you a bit of flexibility.